PDA

View Full Version : Just got a Nintendo DS Lite...

Kaos
17-Dec-2006, 09:40 PM
It is the new black model. I also got Star Trek: Tactical Assault and Trauma Center: Under the Knife. I haven't owned a handheld since the original black and white gameboy. I am having a blast with these games. I really like the stylus interface which is used extensively in Trauma Center. I am looking forward to getting Advance Wars DS very soon.

Terran
17-Dec-2006, 09:42 PM
Advance Wars for the DS is supposed to be a totally awsome game...

HLS
17-Dec-2006, 10:49 PM
How much does the DS system cost and how much do the games run? i thought of buying one of those for i hear they are more affordable.

Terran
17-Dec-2006, 10:54 PM
DS lite runs for like125$ ...games 30ish dollars

Danny
17-Dec-2006, 11:35 PM
you can get one of the origional ds's, with shoulder buttons that aint ****, for around 30 quid/bucks on ebay and around 45 in gamestations pre-owned.

but im waiting till i get 100 quid for a live account and one of those friggin 6- quid wireless network box thingeys before i get a ds.

whatever happened to the psp, seems its gone the way of the n gage and gizmondo, you only see there games in the shops over here in reduced bins, they dont even have a section for em anymore.

CoinReturn
17-Dec-2006, 11:50 PM
Congrats on the purchase Kaos, if I could recommend Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin. I played it at a friends house and its really great.

capncnut
18-Dec-2006, 12:02 AM
whatever happened to the psp, seems its gone the way of the n gage and gizmondo, you only see there games in the shops over here in reduced bins, they dont even have a section for em anymore.

Someone I know who runs the local Blockbuster said they they would be perfectly happy to can all the UMD's as nobody buys them and they take up space that could be better used. Not only that but people are trading them in droves - game shops too, they'll tell you what a problem it's getting to be.

Danny
18-Dec-2006, 01:07 AM
and who are they targeting with those lame "dustball" ad's?, its like an old fart trying to be "down with the kids" using what they think we think is cool.

though given the age range of this forum "old fart" may apply to some ,if so dont take offense:p

DeadJonas190
18-Dec-2006, 04:00 AM
Great buy man. Advance Wars Dual Strike is a great game, loads of fun, especially if you play against a friend (it's not online, only multi or single card play). Both Castlevania games are very fun and if you are a Tetris fan pick up Tetris DS as it is a great addition to any collection. Check out the New Super Mario Brothers game, it is also a lot of fun. If you can find a copy try out Phoenix Wright: Ace Attourney, it is definatly worth a play or two.

The DS has a lot of great games, you will love your purchase.

MikePizzoff
18-Dec-2006, 04:39 AM
you can get one of the origional ds's, with shoulder buttons that aint ****, for around 30 quid/bucks on ebay and around 45 in gamestations pre-owned

I searched eBay for a little bit and couldn't find any for cheap. They're mostly going for around $125, just like in stores.

slickwilly13
18-Dec-2006, 06:38 AM
My ds usually gets more play time than my psp. I bought the Mario Kart edition a year ago around this time. Advanced Wars is highly recommended. Very high replay value. If your a fan of Castlevania: SOTN, then check the 2 Castlevania titles for ds. I haven't opened up the new Castlevania or FF3, yet. But I heard they're good.

Danny
18-Dec-2006, 11:02 AM
I searched eBay for a little bit and couldn't find any for cheap. They're mostly going for around $125, just like in stores.

yeah but its christmas right now so there gonna be more expensive, at least theres the january sale next month for cheap ****.

Rottedfreak
18-Dec-2006, 03:32 PM
First I was angry with the big N, the DS was a dead cert to fail with N64PSone ports and a daft stylus gimmick but over a year later I got eight games and the ones to come look a whole lot better.

Kaos
20-Dec-2006, 03:19 AM
Congrats on the purchase Kaos, if I could recommend Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin. I played it at a friends house and its really great.

I haven't played Castlevania since the original gameboy cartridge. Other than it being in color, how else was it improved? How is the stylus used?

Danny
20-Dec-2006, 03:34 AM
ive played every castlvania game and i gotta say its really more a high graphics port of one of the gba ones which you can get cheaper and its a hell of a lot fo fun, not to easy but still the easyiest castlevania but damn good fun like mega man meets devil may cry.

MikePizzoff
22-Dec-2006, 11:31 PM
My girlfriend just gave me my x-mas present early and it was an onyx (black) DS Lite!!! I got Brain Age and Super Mario 64 for it. Holy crap what an awesome system! I didn't think incorperating a touch-screen into video games could be so much freakin fun!

Danny
23-Dec-2006, 12:05 AM
yeah they wipe the floor with the psp in my opinion, too abd about the lite, i liked the origional that was unvieled at e3 like 3 years ago, hwo come those colours never come out like the silver gba with truqoise, orange or red buttons?

CoinReturn
23-Dec-2006, 12:56 AM
You really like the original DS over the lite? I can't see why, DS Lite has WAY brighter screens, brightness settings, and I think the buttons are more ergonomic. The only thing I wish they would have kept from the big DS is the d-pad, the Lite one is a little small.

Danny
23-Dec-2006, 01:38 AM
nah there was another design before that that wasnt released that look cool, the lites shoulder buttons are aweful, luckily they aint used for much on those games but it those were the shoulder buttons on a consoel controller they'd suck.

which reminds me im off to play halo:p

Danny
12-Jan-2007, 05:40 AM
just thought id post something, since i couldnt get that damn 360 wirless router to work im gonna just use a cable once i get a new router, so i got my cash back and scoured all the shops and for a mere 45 quid i got an origional ds, which was hard to find, out of 9 possible stores 1 had 2 in and that was it (and i had enough left to buy the king novel christine;) ).
i couldnt afford any games but next week im getting animal crossing, trauma centre, pheonix wright and resident evil, purley cus i dont own a ps-one anymore. the games are only like a fiver on ebay now but still 30 quid in the shops, thats just a damn ripoff.

overall i like it a little better than my bro's psp, especialy since i can play my old final fantasy tactics game again, the control is good but after haivn gplayed the hunters demo, final fntasy 3 (which is nothign like the origional and not in a good way) and mario 64 ds im pretty damn impressed, the cutscenes are very impressive, its fun to swear at people over picto-chat and the games are a blast (though a few time si go to press the select button and press the off switch instead:mad: ).

overall i can recommend one a lot.

and on the note of the psp its a great console, but why do sony still charge about 30 quid more for that than a nintendo wii bundle?, thats just bad salesmanship right there.

id love to see a port of some older looking games on this like half life, final fantasy 7, hell even the daddy metal gear solid, that would be awesome...and silent hill 2, if they had resi i dont know why konami wont let them get in on the silent hill gameing like they did with microsoft.