PDA

View Full Version : Gamespot ranks Wii best new Hardware?!

Terran
19-Dec-2006, 01:52 AM
This one really surprised me since Gamespot has been very supportive of Xbox360....

But In the Best and Worst 2006 article Gamespot rated the Wii best new hardware!!

http://www.gamespot.com/special_features/bestof2006/achievement/index.html?page=21

Overall the article had many catagories....and the only Wii game winning any event was Madden 2007...I was really surprised the Wii got best new Hardware....

Danny
19-Dec-2006, 02:18 AM
as much as i love my xbox 360 i do think the wii has more points for simply being more innovative and basically having the balls to call itself the wii.:D

Terran
19-Dec-2006, 02:25 AM
as much as i love my xbox 360 i do think the wii has more points for simply being more innovative and basically having the balls to call itself the wii.:D

I really think its controller scheme is a winner...I expect to see copies....
It just feels so good to have your hands so far seperated from each other....

Until someone has experianced some of the Wii games that are "winners" its hard to describe how successful it feels....

Like I find myself wanting to do Wii like motions on my PC when using my mouse...(like sometimes Ill want to hold my mouse sideways and point at my monitor instead of scrolling around and jiggle it instead of clicking the button... lol)....or playing other console games.....its really much less active and involved than some people make it out to be....

I mean there is a learning curve ...but once you get it you dont know how you can go back...

capncnut
19-Dec-2006, 02:43 AM
I have to admit that it's a slap in the face to the wankers that think gaming makes you lazy and unmotivated. :D

Terran
19-Dec-2006, 02:47 AM
I have to admit that it's a slap in the face to the wankers that think gaming makes you lazy and unmotivated. :D

I dunno man....with the control scheme of Zelda if anything its more lazy of a control scheme...
I hardly move the controllers to get the desired action....
If anything I wish instead of the nunchuck attachment I could just use another wimote...dual wielding wiimotes....and just tilt it in directions instead of an analogue...

Chaos
19-Dec-2006, 06:26 PM
There's no doubt that the Wii's hardware is new and revolutionary, especially the Wii remote and the Nunchaka attachment. Having said that, 3rd party developers need to implement the controls into their games in a smooth and intuitive way.

Red Steel's controls were clunky, at best and downright frustrating, at worst.

If you look back at Nintendo's Gamecube, the graphic capabilities were the best out, last generation, blowing the PS2 out of the water and even holding its own with the Xbox. But 3rd party games were nearly non-existent.

I just hope the Wii remote and the Nunchaka attachment bring new 3rd party developers to the table.

Danny
19-Dec-2006, 07:17 PM

tell me about it that wii sports does make you work a sweat when you play it for a good few hours with your mates.

my fitness age was 63 i think, woot i suck!:lol:

capncnut
19-Dec-2006, 08:15 PM
Just looking at the figures in Terran's sig. The 360 might be a slow seller but it IS selling, more than I actually thought it was.