PDA

View Full Version : Need help - books and the internet...

MinionZombie
20-Dec-2006, 06:53 PM
Okay, there was a site I used to use, it was kind of like a site where you could preview parts of a book, like the introduction or a particular chapter.

I've no idea what the site was or where it was, but I used to use it quite recently, but I'm tearing my hair out trying to find this damn thing!

Any help, it's kinda like books and journals that you can read online - no dodgy sources or whatnot, the site I'm thinking of was legit.

MikePizzoff
20-Dec-2006, 08:14 PM
Here ya go, my good man:

http://books.google.com/

MinionZombie
20-Dec-2006, 08:52 PM
Cheers, I went running around the internet some more and got all pissed off and sweary like I usually do, then my Dad had a go and found the exact site I was looking for...:cool:

Mutineer
20-Dec-2006, 08:53 PM
Great link !

Thanks !

Danny
20-Dec-2006, 11:19 PM
ive been looking for that one again for a while, DAMN YOUSE SYSTEM RESTORE FOR LSOING ALL MY FAVOURITES!!:lol:

MinionZombie
21-Dec-2006, 10:11 AM
Always back everything up man, that's what I always say.

If with IE, there's a favourites folder in your computer somewhere, you can copy and paste them to a new folder and then back them up to disc. Or with Firefox, go into Manage Bookmarks and you can "export" a favourites file, likewise back that up and you can then "import" it again. :)