PDA

View Full Version : First Starbucks To Be Built On Moon By 2020

HLS
22-Dec-2006, 12:05 AM
OK. Give me a break.......

http://news.yahoo.com/s/uc/20061211/cm_uc_crabox/andy_borowitz20061211

"Those astronauts are going to be working long and hard to build that moon base and we're betting they're going to want a latte or two," Ms. Foyler says. "Fortunately for them, there'll be a Starbucks on the edge of every crater."

and

"The biggest problem is that there is no life on the moon," said Nick Klujian, an analyst at Morgan Stanley. "They'd be much better off on Mars."

MaximusIncredulous
22-Dec-2006, 01:30 AM
What's Yahoo doing carrying Onion stories? Sounds very Onion.

capncnut
22-Dec-2006, 03:45 AM
Makes perfect sense to me. Apart from AMT Espresso, Starbucks are the BEST!

Shades of Deus Ex in that story. :rolleyes:

Danny
22-Dec-2006, 04:08 AM
yeah thats all someone in a cramped enviroment were the oxygen actually only has a finite amount and a certain amount of people to see day in day out, coffe, yeah that'll kepe everything running smoothly:lol:

coma
22-Dec-2006, 05:11 AM
Makes perfect sense to me. Apart from AMT Espresso, Starbucks are the BEST!

Shades of Deus Ex in that story. :rolleyes:
When I lived in San Francisco the average coffee house on the corner was better, believe it or not. They had coffee house on literally every other corner. And it's half the price and twice as good.
3.50 for a coffee is retarded, no matter what it is.
I miss those 1.50 cappachinos though. New york coffee, on average, really suuuucks.

axlish
22-Dec-2006, 11:04 AM
Starbucks is awful, double brewed garbage. I can duplicate the taste at home, by pouring double the amount of coffee grounds that I am supposed to. I would expect just about any coffee house to easily top such a lousy product.

MikePizzoff
22-Dec-2006, 11:51 AM
This has got to be a joke.

In response to Mr. Klujian's comment, Starbucks responded: "Did we say the moon? We meant Mars. Sorry, we got the order wrong." :lol:

If this were to really happen; we'd have our first multi-planetary-corperation (aside from NASA). That's a scary thought.

capncnut
22-Dec-2006, 07:37 PM
OK, I'll admit Starbucks may be a little pricey but their Hazlenut Lattes are to die for!

Dawg
22-Dec-2006, 09:25 PM
Don't you guys even read to the end of the article?

Award-winning humorist, television personality and film actor Andy Borowitz is author of the new book "The Republican Playbook," to be published October 2006. To find out more about Andy Borowitz and read his past columns, visit the Creators Syndicate Web page at www.creators.com.

:dead: Dawg

MikePizzoff
22-Dec-2006, 11:20 PM
Don't you guys even read to the end of the article?

Award-winning humorist, television personality and film actor Andy Borowitz is author of the new book "The Republican Playbook," to be published October 2006. To find out more about Andy Borowitz and read his past columns, visit the Creators Syndicate Web page at www.creators.com.

:dead: Dawg

Why isn't there an emoticon that symbolizes smacking yourself in the forehead?

LoSTBoY
23-Dec-2006, 12:47 AM
i wouldnt judge it on this ****.

LoSTBoY: I smell snow

Cody
25-Dec-2006, 07:05 AM
mmm mocha frappacino (sp?)...some say its a chearleader drink, but t u dig it.

EvilNed
25-Dec-2006, 12:15 PM
I'm not a communist or anything.

But this is when capitalism goes ****ed up.

Danny
25-Dec-2006, 04:33 PM
yeah i kinda agree a little, i mean next there be a project to get trademarks and logos written on the moons surface.:rolleyes:

capncnut
26-Dec-2006, 01:37 AM
I wonder how much a cup of coffee would cost on the moon?

EvilNed
26-Dec-2006, 11:26 AM
I just think it sucks that the first thing people think when they realize we might have a spacebace on the moon is "How can we make money off it?"

dracenstein
26-Dec-2006, 11:32 AM
Bet the prices are astronomical.

Danny
26-Dec-2006, 09:56 PM
if that was a pun, nice one.