PDA

View Full Version : Any of your foreigners want to become US citizens?

Eyebiter
27-Dec-2006, 01:54 AM
Join the US Army, see the world, gain expedited American citizenship
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2006/12/26/military_considers_recruiting_foreigners/

Danny
27-Dec-2006, 02:22 AM
that is one of the dumbest ideas i have ever heard.

so to get to live in a country you have to fight for it first?

secondly wouldnt that get any americans really paranoid about letting foreign people get at there weapons?

sad but true.

capncnut
27-Dec-2006, 02:34 AM
*shakes head in disbelief*

EvilNed
27-Dec-2006, 11:21 AM

Wether you think it's a dumb idea, it's hardly a NEW idea.

Ever hear of the French Foreign Legion? Same principle. Only they provide you with a new identity (should you choose it) and pretty much set you up after your tour of duty.

coma
27-Dec-2006, 03:45 PM

secondly wouldnt that get any americans really paranoid about letting foreign people get at there weapons?

sad but true.
There have always been many, many people of foriegn decent that serve and fight with distinction in the US armed forces. They just never really promoted it. Getting your green card/ctizenship is just another bonus for serving.
Where your wrong is thinking Americans don't want foreigners "get at the wepons". Americans like most any foreigner that comes here and joins us rather than just to leech while basically hating us. Joining the Military is a good way to prove loyalty to America as a whole rather than just our economic system and its benefits.

kortick
28-Dec-2006, 08:41 PM
ha ha ha

like a forenger needed to join the army
to get a gun in America

that is the funniest thing i have ever heard

guess all those people shooting each other
in south side are all army vets

who woulda guessed?