View Full Version : Posting this from my PS3

Chaos
29-Dec-2006, 03:47 AM
Hey all. Got a PS3 for Christmas and this baby rocks. R: FOM is just insane to play online. I also just finished downloading the Motorstorm demo. It's going to be a killer game too. Hefty pricetag and all, I can definitely recommend this rig. Besides, if you're into PC gaming too, you can install yellowdog linux 5 on this bad boy and play all the PC games you want to. I give this thumbs up, way up!

Tricky
29-Dec-2006, 11:40 AM
So then,tell us,what are the graphics like on the puppy?does console gaming have a new benchmark?i want one,but a new PC is further up on my priorities list
As for running PC games on the PS3,what happens when directX 10 comes out in the new year?will you be able to upgrade the PS3 hardware to that?otherwise it'l fall flat on its arse when all the games use that as standard!

_liam_
29-Dec-2006, 01:01 PM
i don't care about nothin until GTAIV comes out, then whichever platform has the spankiest version gets my beer tokens. however i am kinda used to the PS controller, after like 12 years it's like an extension of my body...effortless GTA playing.

but aye, posting on a forum from a console, kew-ell. keep us posted on the thing's performance...

...does it have visualisation software for music??? that was something the ps2 lacked... although i'm not a stoner anymore so it will probably have lost it's appeal anyway ;)

Tricky
29-Dec-2006, 03:12 PM
Posting on a forum from a console is nothing though,i can do it from my mobile phone!and it appears exactly as it looks on a PC except smaller!and thats while walking my dogs out in the countryside,miles from cables & routers :cool: i was majorly impressed when i got that phone a few weeks back :D

Sony Ericsson K800i if your interested

slickwilly13
29-Dec-2006, 04:02 PM
Check out Fall of Man if you are into Doom-like games. Ignore the reviews and what certain fan boys of other consoles will say. The game is not bad.

CoinReturn
29-Dec-2006, 04:38 PM
Resistance is a fun game, but I prefer the style of Gears of War a bit more. Metal Gear Solid 4 should be awesome for PS3, thats my main reason for wanting one. Have you tried any Blu-Ray movies? I hear they are amazing in HD. Anyway, congrats on the purchase, enjoy your new console.

_liam_
29-Dec-2006, 04:53 PM
Posting on a forum from a console is nothing though,i can do it from my mobile phone!and it appears exactly as it looks on a PC except smaller!and thats while walking my dogs out in the countryside,miles from cables & routers :cool: i was majorly impressed when i got that phone a few weeks back :D

Sony Ericsson K800i if your interested

lol, very nice indeed! *sigh* i was a bit disappointed with the 21st century for the first couple years (no ray guns or flying cars - what a stitch), but now that we have internet phones and space tourism, things seem to be shaping up...

MikePizzoff
29-Dec-2006, 10:13 PM
Go to hell, Sony boy!!!

slickwilly13
29-Dec-2006, 10:36 PM
Go to hell, Sony boy!!!

*lol*

capncnut
30-Dec-2006, 02:12 AM
Go to hell, Sony boy!!!

It was only a matter of time until a beer-soaked 360 gamer would come in and preach it. :lol:

Metal Gear Solid 4 should be awesome for PS3...

This and Gran Turismo are the only two games P$3 have that's appealing in any way. Seeing as though the Metal Gear series slipped on it's arse 10 minutes into Sons Of Liberty, I think I'll pass.

i don't care about nothin until GTAIV comes out, then whichever platform has the spankiest version gets my beer tokens.

The 360 version will have exclusive downloadable content and missions packs. I just wish Rockstar would give us a hint as to where they are taking this beauty.

mista_mo
30-Dec-2006, 02:18 AM
too expensive for me right now

360 seems pretty cool, but nothing very new or imaginative...kinda dull actually, at least the games i've played anyway.

my PS2 will do just fine for a few more years...honestly, wait for the price of the thing to go down

JEEZ

heh

Danny
30-Dec-2006, 03:58 AM
wise idea, i only got my 360 cus it got 5 games free with it and it was a premium which were fookin' hard to find at the time.
right now a premium with 4 games is 270 quid over here.
from what ive seen like the comparisons on gamespot the ps3 graphics arent much better but i gotta say resistance does look cool, though it takes more than a nice fps game to lure me in i need something more epic like oblivion, zelda or a final fnatasy game to draw me in to a new console.
and the ps3 just doesnt have any decent games right now, and i havent played like the last 3 or 4 metal gear games so im not to bothered about that, now silent hill, residetn evil gta and final fantasy are mutli platform i really dont see much point in getting a ps3, though these are my gameing tastes but when you look at those titles, sonys bllsed it up with japan huh?

mista_mo
30-Dec-2006, 04:35 AM
to be fair, part of the reason i bought my ps2 was to play RE Outbreak, and i love the game, but did it justify paying 300 bucks for a console?

i doubt it