PDA

View Full Version : Old Friends?

RJ_Sevin
31-Dec-2006, 08:31 PM
Any of you still out there?

Heck -- it's been an eventful year. As some of you may remember, we lost our home in New Orleans, thanks to Katrina. We bounced around for the remainder of 05 and much of 06, finally settling in North Texas, near Dallas.

Life is sweet. Still a little bumpy, but sweet. Just like life always is, I suppose.

I just took a few months off of work to write a novel -- finished it two weeks ago. I've gotten some nice feedback on it so far, and expect to fins a publisher for it this year. It's not a zombie novel, per say, but it is, if you allow a broad definition for the term "zombie." It's as realistic a take on the subject as I could manage, anyhow. When it finds a home, I'll let you know.

We're on vacation right now, in lovely Ashland, Oregon. Having fun.

How's everyone here?

Happy 07!

-R

axlish
31-Dec-2006, 09:47 PM
Good to hear from you, glad you landed on your feet. The novel sounds interesting.

Bongholio
01-Jan-2007, 01:46 AM
I have been keeping my distance,but recently started coming back around myself and am also doing well.
The thing is I forgot your name,...and when I asked
anyone if they saw you or a few other older members they were
like "grady from nilbog,.....never heard of him"
HNY enjoy rest of vacation you earned it.Bongholio:lol:

HLS
01-Jan-2007, 02:02 AM
Your name seems familiar. I joined december 2004. welcome back

FoodFight
01-Jan-2007, 06:01 AM
Welcome back. Now where is the 'Cajun River Dance' avatar?

strayrider
01-Jan-2007, 06:38 AM
R7! Welcome back, son. Believe it or not I was just thinking about you this evening. My son bought me that Bald Airport Zombie figure for Christmas and I was thinking about how well it will go with the painting you sold me. :D

Sorry to hear about your home. Glad you made out allright.

Good luck with the novel.

:D

-stray-

DeadJonas190
01-Jan-2007, 09:19 PM
Hey, welcome back. I'm glad to hear things have worked out for you. I hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation.

idsaluteyoubub
01-Jan-2007, 11:40 PM
Welcome back R7!
I can't wait to read your novel,
and I am glad you made it out of New Orleans safely.
I hear Texas aint that bad a place, either.

bub21
02-Jan-2007, 12:02 AM
hey everyone. i dont come back here much anymore but i think i'll start again

2006 was ok, hoping 2007 is better

Danny
03-Jan-2007, 06:49 AM
well a lot of flamers got banned over the course of last year, so heres hoping.:cool:

MinionZombie
03-Jan-2007, 12:38 PM
Welcome back Sevin, it's been a while. Glad things are getting sorted. :)

Neil
03-Jan-2007, 01:01 PM
Hey!!! :)

Tricky
03-Jan-2007, 05:32 PM
Welcome back chief!

RJ_Sevin
03-Jan-2007, 05:47 PM
Nice to see some old faces!

Neil: Hey!!!

Minion: yeah, things are getting sorted, at last. I suspect things will get unsorted at some point. Then they'll need sorting. Such is life.

Hellsing: I'm happy to see some Originals still around, and to hear the flamers are kept in check.

Bub21: this place stopped being the Homepage I knew and loved since '98sometime around the DAWN remake. Too many new, dumb kids posting nonsense.

Salute: Texas aint bad, though I do miss home. Home is a nightmare, though -- no way I'm bringing my family into third world squalor. Thanks for the nice words on the novel. I'm eager to get back into it, polish it up and start looking for a home.

Meantime, I'm expanding my Homepage Fiction Section story, JUST LIKE IN THE MOVIES, into a novella. With any luck, it'll find a home this year, as well.

Jonas: It's not much of a vacation. My mother-in-law makes my eyes twitch. And she has a lovely habit of being shockingly irresponsible around my 2-year-old son. Flying home tomorrow, thank you God.

Stray: My memory is foggy. What painting did you buy from me? Was the airport zombie, the one that's in the Gallery?

FoodFight: I'll have to dig up the avatar!

HLS: Been here since '98, babe. Although you wouldn't know it, based on the pitifully small number in my profile. On the OLD forum, now -- that was another story: 2000+ posts!

Bongholio: Grady from Nilbog! That's me! :D

Axlish: thanks for the nice words. I'm proud of the novel, although I don't know how hardcore zombie fans are going to react to it. It's a zombie book, yes, as far as some of the imagery goes, but quite different -- very character oriented, very low-keyed and sad. The zombies... they're different. You'll see.

Where the hell is P2508, or whatever the hell Wes called himself?

-r

strayrider
03-Jan-2007, 06:06 PM
Stray: My memory is foggy. What painting did you buy from me? Was the airport zombie, the one that's in the Gallery?

Yessir. That is the one.

:D

-stray-

Tricky
03-Jan-2007, 06:11 PM
Nice to see some old faces!

Where the hell is P2508, or whatever the hell Wes called himself?

-r

He was around not so long back,but seems to be on a break from us at the moment!

_liam_
03-Jan-2007, 06:54 PM
yeah i think he recently posted on that endless "LOTD is well crap innit" thread...

idsaluteyoubub
03-Jan-2007, 06:54 PM
Wes took off a month or two back because he didn't care for how the board has been running since it went over to this format.
I can drop him a quick hello for you if you want.

Publius
04-Jan-2007, 02:36 PM
Welcome back, R7! Hope north Texas treats you right. Katrina was a real bummer - to put it mildly. :)

dmbfanintn
04-Jan-2007, 08:40 PM
Its good to see you posting again Ronnie!!

I am glad you got your affairs all worked out OK after Katrina!

Welcome back!