PDA

View Full Version : Completely random Land of the Dead observation ...

Cereval
03-Jan-2007, 04:35 AM
Hmm ... maybe I should start a series of these ...

Well you might have read my "Completely random ... (http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?t=4694)" Dawn remake thread. But Cereval has returned with an even more puzzling query concerning Land of the Dead ...

http://www.preciousnightmare.com/files/dayofthedead_cameos.gif

I've quietly noticed these things myself everytime I've watched it (all the way back to the sneak preview in theaters). These particular zombies are shown all in sequence (coincidentally beginning with Simon Pegg's cameo).

So ... could it be? Maybe a half-arsed inside joke? Hmm ... :shifty:

bassman
03-Jan-2007, 11:58 AM
I believe on the featurettes for "Land", Nicotero or someone says that Pegg's make up was meant to be a tribute to Bub.

As far as the other guys, I'd bet it's a coincidence. The guy in the middle there always reminds me of Patrick Swayze for some reason.:shifty:

MinionZombie
03-Jan-2007, 12:48 PM
lol, aye, co-incidence beyond the similar make up for Pegg ... what are you schmokin' lately Sir Evil? :p:)

Cykotic
03-Jan-2007, 01:27 PM
Damn.... I never noticed until now. It would make some sense though. I'm just not sure what right now...

HLS
04-Jan-2007, 12:15 AM
ok...the first man is the guy that played shaun in shaun of the dead ( i do not remember his real name) and the dead and the other zombie is a friend of his, i assume also was part of shaun of the dead. there is a short special on the land of the dead dvd on his appearance as a zombie extra

Hmm ... maybe I should start a series of these ...

Well you might have read my "Completely random ... (http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?t=4694)" Dawn remake thread. But Cereval has returned with an even more puzzling query concerning Land of the Dead ...

http://www.preciousnightmare.com/files/dayofthedead_cameos.gif

I've quietly noticed these things myself everytime I've watched it (all the way back to the sneak preview in theaters). These particular zombies are shown all in sequence (coincidentally beginning with Simon Pegg's cameo).

So ... could it be? Maybe a half-arsed inside joke? Hmm ... :shifty:

bassman
04-Jan-2007, 12:47 AM
ok...the first man is the guy that played shaun in shaun of the dead ( i do not remember his real name) and the dead and the other zombie is a friend of his, i assume also was part of shaun of the dead. there is a short special on the land of the dead dvd on his appearance as a zombie extra

The other guy you're thinking of is Edgar Wright. He co-wrote "Shaun" with Simon Pegg(Shaun) and Directed it. He's not in any of these photos.

capncnut
04-Jan-2007, 03:04 AM
Co-incidences maybe but damn good likenesses anyhoo. Keep 'em coming Sir Evil! :lol:

Danny
04-Jan-2007, 06:07 AM
i dunno he was made up to be a chained up zombie too i reckon the 2nd on is him.

bassman
04-Jan-2007, 11:53 AM
i dunno he was made up to be a chained up zombie too i reckon the 2nd on is him.

Are you saying that the second photo may be Edgar Wright because he's chained or are you saying that it may be a tribute to Rhodes?

If you're saying that it may be Edgar Wright, it's not. Wright appears right next to Simon Pegg. Go HERE (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/protectedimage.php%3Fimage%3DAnthonyNield/lotd7.JPG&imgrefurl=http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php%3Fcontentid%3D59419&h=212&w=499&sz=16&hl=en&start=12&tbnid=VHBbr8dhKTLijM:&tbnh=55&tbnw=130&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dedgar%2Bwright%2Bin%2Bland%26svnum%3D 10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D) and scroll about halfway down the page for a picture.

Danny
04-Jan-2007, 12:02 PM
i stand throughourly corrected.

SymphonicX
04-Jan-2007, 01:57 PM
Hmmm, Bub must've gotten a helluva lot smarter if he's gonna change clothes like that...must have popped past "Top Zombie" on his way out of the missle silo....

bassman
04-Jan-2007, 03:12 PM
Hmmm, Bub must've gotten a helluva lot smarter if he's gonna change clothes like that...must have popped past "Top Zombie" on his way out of the missle silo....

It wasn't meant to BE Bub. It's just a tribute or nod of the hat to Bub because he's one of Simon Pegg's favorite zombies.

EvilNed
04-Jan-2007, 03:49 PM
I bet you could probably find lots of zombies in the film that look like Day of the Dead characters (or Dawn). But I've always thought that Simon Pegg would be an excellent Bub after seeing his makeup.

bassman
04-Jan-2007, 03:54 PM
But I've always thought that Simon Pegg would be an excellent Bub after seeing his makeup.

And his nice impression of Bub in "Shaun" when they're practicing before they go out into the crowd. At least, it always seemed to me that was what he was doing.

SymphonicX
05-Jan-2007, 08:46 AM
yeah I agree he was doing a Bub impression...

"Let's see yours then"

*zombie bub movements*

"OK that is pretty good."

Danny
05-Jan-2007, 09:21 AM
i really think if they ever did a remake based on romeros origional script, peggs the only guy who could play bub.:D

capncnut
05-Jan-2007, 09:39 AM
Nah, Keith Richards. Saves a fortune in FX costs. :lol:

darth los
25-Jun-2007, 07:38 AM
are you merely saying that these zombies resemble characters from the other films or that they're actually meant to be those characters in zombified form much the same way they did with blades?

MinionZombie
25-Jun-2007, 05:24 PM
Nah, Keith Richards. Saves a fortune in FX costs. :lol:
lol

But hell yes hellsing, Pegg has the Bub impression down the best I've ever seen anyone do. That smug grin in Shaun of the Dead was well deserved, bravo Sir. :cool:

darth los
25-Jun-2007, 07:49 PM
*shudders* remakes, they freak me out.

Cereval
25-Jun-2007, 10:25 PM
are you merely saying that these zombies resemble characters from the other films or that they're actually meant to be those characters in zombified form much the same way they did with blades?

Personally I think it's just some uncanny resemblances. Nothing more. Coincidental funniness.

darth los
25-Jun-2007, 10:29 PM
Okay. but they sure could pass for those characters i'll tell you that. Good eye.

MinionZombie
26-Jun-2007, 10:37 AM
Well, Blades certainly was in Land of the Dead in zombie form. More a cameo for fan approval, but I was kinda surprised that Savini - having been around many-a-zombie - didn't act it out better...hmmm. Still, nice little aside for the fans.

darth los
26-Jun-2007, 07:33 PM
Well, Blades certainly was in Land of the Dead in zombie form. More a cameo for fan approval, but I was kinda surprised that Savini - having been around many-a-zombie - didn't act it out better...hmmm. Still, nice little aside for the fans.

I've made that observation as well. The zombies in that film, big daddy in particular, didn't act or move like the ones in the other films. They seemed more like demons to me. Just one of the many things that were off about that film.

MinionZombie
26-Jun-2007, 07:43 PM
The odd zombie didn't act well - Big Daddy and Blades Zombie. Otherwise they were mostly all fine ... oh yeah, the ones in the fight cage, they were a bit ropey.

Otherwise I thought they were quite good, classicly shambly with stumbling movement. #9 was excellent, the one with the tamborine had a great snapped neck...and so on.

darth los
26-Jun-2007, 10:50 PM
I thought the ones at the gazebo playing their instruments were comical. Were those real actors or "puppets?"

MinionZombie
27-Jun-2007, 09:58 AM
Real actors, a puppet comes just before gawping into thin air close to camera, really emaciated. Those were rather nifty zombies, you don't see really emaciated zombies that much as it's always well-fed actors shambling around.

darth los
27-Jun-2007, 05:38 PM
That's true. The ones in dawn didn't show any decomposition at all for the most part. Hey they had a meager budget. It was cool to see them that far gone, to see logan's theory about them becoming immobile after a while illustrated.

MissJacksonCA
30-Jun-2007, 06:16 AM
noticed the first two but not the third... good eye big guy