PDA

View Full Version : bet you never noticed this goof in Dawn 78!!

SymphonicX
03-Jan-2007, 04:35 PM
check out the scene when the bikers first enter the mall, they encircle a fountain - inside the fountain there are various coloured lights, one of them is red....the shot changes to Peter lining himself up against a doorframe of some sorts and then the shot changes back to the fountain - the red light is gone....!!! Who's been fvcking with the electricity in the Monroeville mall?!?!

Eyebiter
03-Jan-2007, 06:01 PM
Perhaps the colored lights were removed after Christmas?

creepntom
03-Jan-2007, 06:54 PM
& i thought this would be something of importance :rolleyes:

DEAD BEAT
03-Jan-2007, 08:45 PM

is anything of importance on here?:D

MikePizzoff
03-Jan-2007, 09:07 PM

Since when are "mess ups" important?

Thanks, I'll look for this next time I watch the movie, Symphonic.

Philly_SWAT
03-Jan-2007, 10:23 PM
Are you sure its the same fountain?

Deadman_Deluxe
03-Jan-2007, 10:30 PM
check out the scene when the bikers first enter the mall, they encircle a fountain - inside the fountain there are various coloured lights, one of them is red....the shot changes to Peter lining himself up against a doorframe of some sorts and then the shot changes back to the fountain - the red light is gone....!!! Who's been fvcking with the electricity in the Monroeville mall?!?!

That particular bulb in the red light was faulty, or nearing the end of it's lifespan.

It would often cut out, usually for ten seconds or more, and then re-light all by itself.

Either that, or a build up of excessive moisture around the fitting was responsible for the inevitable flickering before the bulb itself burnt out.

Philly_SWAT
03-Jan-2007, 10:32 PM
That particular bulb in the red light was faulty, or nearing the end of it's lifespan.

It would often cut out, usually for ten seconds or more, and then re-light all by itself.

Either that, or a build up of excessive moisture around the fitting was responsible for the inevitable flickering before the bulb itself burnt out.
Nice!

creepntom
03-Jan-2007, 11:52 PM
with all the commotion that was going on at that time, i'm not going to claim error cause a lightbulb was once there then wasn't

its not the same as, like, when flyboy comes out of the hallway & one zombie's wearing a red shirt, turn to peter, then turn back & the zombie's wearing a blue shirt

Philly_SWAT
04-Jan-2007, 12:53 AM
This type of error, a light is on and then it isnt, is called a "continuity" error. Most any film, even big Hollywood filsm with big budgets, have these types of errors in it. Although to address the original post, I have never noticed that before. I will look for it next time.

HLS
04-Jan-2007, 01:36 AM
Golly, are we not kind to the new guy!!???!??!

SymphonicX
04-Jan-2007, 09:09 AM
Are you sure its the same fountain?

yep! It totally is...

How do you know this?!!

This type of error, a light is on and then it isnt, is called a "continuity" error. Most any film, even big Hollywood filsm with big budgets, have these types of errors in it. Although to address the original post, I have never noticed that before. I will look for it next time.

haha yes indeed it was a big continuity error...and you can spot hundreds of them in most movies...its just funny to point it out in one of our favourites...

Golly, are we not kind to the new guy!!???!??!

hahaha no its cool man....its a good goof damnit!!!

hey also I've noticed another one...

when peter gets into the copter at the end, outside its dawn, inside the copter is night, and back outside is dawn again...

DEAD BEAT
04-Jan-2007, 03:28 PM
arn't we just shiiitin' out quotes hey buddy!:D

SymphonicX
04-Jan-2007, 03:34 PM
*strains*

ouch...

EvilNed
04-Jan-2007, 03:44 PM
It'd be pretty wicked if you sat down on the john and began to strain for twenty seconds. Then out comes "When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth..."

DEAD BEAT
04-Jan-2007, 04:16 PM
hay i just had a thought, maybe they shot that scene after the fat guy fell in the fountain and there may have been some fake blood floating around and gave the illusion of the red light!

huh...huh... "thats right give daddy some sugar"!!!:cool:

CivilDefense
04-Jan-2007, 06:50 PM
Also the Civil Defense never issued Spam.

So there is that as well.

SymphonicX
05-Jan-2007, 09:37 AM
hay i just had a thought, maybe they shot that scene after the fat guy fell in the fountain and there may have been some fake blood floating around and gave the illusion of the red light!

huh...huh... "thats right give daddy some sugar"!!!:cool:

Hahaha no its defintiely a red light...wish I could make a screen grab