PDA

View Full Version : How is this the Cruise Line's fault?

Dawg
04-Jan-2007, 08:49 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16471074/?GT1=8921

The guy gets drunk on his newlywed cruise and probably falls overboard. The bride is passed out drunk away from her cabin with no idea how she got there.

And somehow its the cruise line's fault?!

:dead: Dawg

LouCipherr
04-Jan-2007, 09:06 PM
That's a very good quesiton. I can't seem to figure that one out either.

Hell, it's the american way though - it's always "someone else's fault" and no one takes responsibility for their own actions. :rolleyes:

bassman
04-Jan-2007, 09:59 PM
That's a very good quesiton. I can't seem to figure that one out either.

Hell, it's the american way though - it's always "someone else's fault" and no one takes responsibility for their own actions. :rolleyes:

Exactly. It's a shame.

MinionZombie
04-Jan-2007, 10:54 PM
I say if you're gonna get that drunk on an ocean liner sailing through the f*cking ocean then it's your own f*cking fault. :mad:

capncnut
04-Jan-2007, 11:43 PM
I say if you're gonna get that drunk on an ocean liner sailing through the f*cking ocean then it's your own f*cking fault. :mad:

Too f**king right, the stupid f**ker! :D

bassman
05-Jan-2007, 12:47 AM

I agree. It's these people that give Americans a bad name.

Eyebiter
05-Jan-2007, 01:53 AM
As I recall there was some question if the man was attacked and thrown overboard by other passengers on the cruise. Apparently the wife wants access to the ship's camera footage and the room key log to see who was out of their cabin at the time of the incident.

MinionZombie
05-Jan-2007, 10:30 AM
Sounds like Agent 47 was aboard then ... :eek:

Danny
05-Jan-2007, 10:59 AM
more like the start of a very expansive game of cluedo.:sneaky:

capncnut
05-Jan-2007, 12:32 PM
Professor Plum did it with the candlestick. :D

MinionZombie
05-Jan-2007, 12:55 PM
Frickin' Cluedo ... my sister pwned all at that game, I sucked and never knew who did what with what where, ha!

Tied2thetracks
05-Jan-2007, 07:38 PM
If he was drunk enough to fall overboard some blame has to fall on the servers. Too many times I have seen bartenders value tips over patron saftey.

bassman
05-Jan-2007, 07:50 PM
If he was drunk enough to fall overboard some blame has to fall on the servers. Too many times I have seen bartenders value tips over patron saftey.

I say the patron should worry about his/her self. Those people on board are just doing their job. If I were a bartender/waiter, I would serve alcohol to someone as long as they can A)hold their own head up B) speak(although slurred) and C) give tips.:D

Something does sound fishy about all this. It was probably some kind of drunken fight and then someone threw him overboard. I imagine it wouldn't be very easy to fall over the rails on a cruise ship but I've never been on one. Maybe he was pulling a "I'm the king of the world!" and slipped.:p

MinionZombie
05-Jan-2007, 09:45 PM
You woulda thought by now there'd be like a netting sticking out the side that could catch people falling overboard. There was a bit on the news t'other day about someone (a woman I think) falling overboard on the Q.E.II ... maybe they'll start erecting said netting?

Maitreya
07-Jan-2007, 08:38 AM
You woulda thought by now there'd be like a netting sticking out the side that could catch people falling overboard. There was a bit on the news t'other day about someone (a woman I think) falling overboard on the Q.E.II ... maybe they'll start erecting said netting?

Erecting... Hehe (Sorry, I couldn't resist :D)

America, the land of the free and frivolous lawsuits!

HLS
07-Jan-2007, 02:22 PM
thats ****ed up