PDA

View Full Version : dead reckoning and landmaster one.....

cmdrfox
07-Jan-2007, 07:51 PM
greetings....this is my first posting, and since i saw my first romero zombie film 1979s dawn of the dead i have been intrigue with the "zombie" adversary...

like THE THING ( 1982 remake ) zombies can cause much damage and death to an opponent who has the greater "intelligence" and superior firepower...

seems just one minor slip up and the whole team / group can be wiped out rather quick....

LAND OF THE DEAD....well i did like it but it did have some faults...like the last star wars movie "revenge of the sith" of course its both "georges" copywrighted material and they can do as they "wish" but i think they "owe " the fans who made them rich via their franchises.....i wont here speak about the STAR WARS EP 3 faults here but before i speak on my topic point i will voice my concerns about LAND OF THE DEAD....

1 i think john legiminzo and dennis hoppers characters were not fully taken advantage by romero.......although good there was something missing....as for as a major character dying in LOTD , why not cholo....cholo i can relate to....one gets burn out and such...after 3 years of "zombie america" he had his fill of kaufmans crap and just decied to "burn a bridge"....if i was going into combat i like to have a "cholo" on my team....at least a pre LOTD cholo....

2 a bit more "insight" to the zombie plauge....either in the theater or in the dvd release format...what was the responce from the USA govt, the russians, etc and such....this leads me now to my topic....

dead reckoning and landmaster one....

a month ago i saw the 1977 movie "DAMNNAION ALLEY " with george pappard and jan michael vincent....remember after ww3 and the missle base they were in was finally destroyed they set out in an all terrian vehicle called the landmaster....the landmaster was equipted with rockets, machine guns and could float....also self contained atomsphere and such....could operate if even 60 percent damaged.....

i believe pappards character said there were at least two of these vehicles at each USA missle base....they would be used in a post atomic war event....

with all the tunneling and digging the govt has done since 1945, i wonder at what point the governmental authorities would start to "recon" a post industrial / current zombie infected usa with 'landmaster" crews....

i think a better LAND OF THE DEAD script would have been that the "dead reckoning" was not a hodge podge tractor trailer truck converted to a recon vehicle but would have been a state of the art govt " landmaster" that was lost when its crew was overpowered by zombies....maybe slightly damaged and was not deemed worth the recovery effort by the usa "shadow" goverment nestled in the underground shelters....the "landmaster" would have been discovered by riely and cholo and team and towed back to fiddlers green to be repaired and such....

and instead of " money " or a "room" at fiddlers green cholo might have wanted to use the "landmaster" to return to the underground bases it came from...tired of living in a zombie infected world....or something to that effect....maybe communcations were made between fiddlers green and the underground shelters.....waring them not to attempt entry....

comments.....

rawrOTD
08-Jan-2007, 02:06 AM
i was dissappointed with dead reckoning too
i actually liked the make shift style the buses in the dawn remake better
it seemed more makeshift and creative
though i can see why the guns are a good idea
dead reckoning was made for distracting/operating as a home base/destroying zs

the buses were to escape

bassman
08-Jan-2007, 02:17 AM
The world is basically over. Material supply is limited. Semi trucks and basic sheets of steel are everywhere. Need I say more?

Eyebiter
08-Jan-2007, 02:55 AM
Dead Reckoning reminded me of the semi trucks in Steve Jackson's Car Wars.
http://www.sjgames.com/car-wars/

The Landmaster vehicles were interesting for 70's tech
http://users.snowcrest.net/fox/landmaster/

tju1973
08-Jan-2007, 03:48 AM
Dead Reckoning reminded me of the semi trucks in Steve Jackson's Car Wars.
http://www.sjgames.com/car-wars/

The Landmaster vehicles were interesting for 70's tech
http://users.snowcrest.net/fox/landmaster/

I actually play that at work from time to time-- I even have it from my Tandy 1000 days too...

Look it up at the Underdogs--I think thats where I got my current version...

great game...

:)

darth los
27-Jun-2007, 02:17 AM
2 a bit more "insight" to the zombie plauge....either in the theater or in the dvd release format...what was the responce from the USA govt, the russians, etc and such

I think we all would like to see that. With cgi technology getting better all the time , i think they're going to be able to show the plauge on a much larger scope including possible nuclear responses.

bassman
27-Jun-2007, 02:18 AM
i think they're going to be able to show the plauge on a much larger scope including possible nuclear responses.

Not that again, man. That's just a cheap way to end a crappy movie like ROTLD.

darth los
27-Jun-2007, 02:25 AM
That is kind of a cop out. it sure beats the sopranos ending though. :D

Philly_SWAT
30-Jun-2007, 10:23 PM
I remember thinking of Damnation Alley as soon as I saw the Dead Reckoning.