PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone remember this?

Burbank
08-Jan-2007, 05:03 PM
Remember those old books where you where offered a series of options with page numbers at the end of a passage and based on those option you made your way through the story?

There was one on online not long ago but I've lost the link and can't find it again. It was really well presented - made to look like a real book with illustrations.

It was set in a small costal town and you played a pizza delivery boy or something!

Anyone remember it?

Tricky
08-Jan-2007, 05:06 PM
Yeah i remember those!just had a flashing memory of one involving been a space fighter pilot that i read when i was about 8 or 9 years old!

Eyebiter
08-Jan-2007, 07:38 PM
Recall reading some of the vintage Endless Quest books based in the D&D universe
http://www.arielarchives.com/brett/EQ.html

capncnut
08-Jan-2007, 11:09 PM
I still got a bunch of my old Fighting Fantasy books. I have only made it to the end twice and that was with Deathtrap Dungeon and Freeway Fighter. I only have about 10 or so but I used to have 50+, I wonder what I did with all those?

Philly_SWAT
09-Jan-2007, 01:45 AM
I do remember these books. The ones I read as a kid were seemed pretty cool because they were different than the rest of the books out there. I remember being pissed when I made a choice, turned to the appropriate page, and it was like "you are dead". Dam!!

capncnut
09-Jan-2007, 02:05 AM
Thats why I used to keep my thumb on the page and if I died, I'd make another decision. It's called cheating. :lol:

Chakobsa
09-Jan-2007, 09:18 AM
Harry Harrison did a Stainless Steel Rat one that was great fun.

I had a couple of the Fighting Fantasy ones and they were pretty good as I recall.
There was a series that centered on a ninja character, I had one but can't remember what the series was called.

capncnut
09-Jan-2007, 03:03 PM
Damn, that rings bells with me too Chak.

LoSTBoY
09-Jan-2007, 04:58 PM
Heh, hell yeah!

I had a big collection of the Fighting Fantasy books, they might still be around, I wonder of they are worth something. :shifty:

Oh! And the Lone Wolf series too. :p

bassman
09-Jan-2007, 05:38 PM
I remember reading one or two. I didn't quite like it if I remember correctly.

By the way, I love your "Tonight....YOU" signature, Lostboy. Very funny episode...

kortick
10-Jan-2007, 01:56 AM
yeah i remember them
they were called choose you own adventure
or something like that

they came out in all kinds of formats
they even had a goosebumps one my nephew had

it was a long time ago when i first saw one

capncnut
10-Jan-2007, 01:59 AM
I had a big collection of the Fighting Fantasy books, they might still be around, I wonder of they are worth something. :shifty:

FF books unfortunately are worth about as much as the bog standard Dr Who target book. In other words, Nada! Couple of quid tops mate.

I just checked my collection and I have found five books; Warlock Of Firetop Mountain, City Of Thieves, Deathtrap Dungeon, Freeway Fighter and House Of Hell but I know I got more somewhere.

Actually if anyones interested, most of the books that Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone wrote are available to read/order online. They even got some of the old ZX Spectrum games of the old FF books. Here's a wee link.

http://www.fightingfantasygamebooks.com/index.htm

Oh! And the Lone Wolf series too.

The Lone Wolf Adventures were awesome. :D

GRMonLI
10-Jan-2007, 02:13 AM
Remember those old books where you where offered a series of options with page numbers at the end of a passage and based on those option you made your way through the story?

There was one on online not long ago but I've lost the link and can't find it again. It was really well presented - made to look like a real book with illustrations.

It was set in a small costal town and you played a pizza delivery boy or something!

Anyone remember it?

Its called "Dead Ends"

There has not been an update in awhile.

http://http://www.visitdeadends.com/book1.html

Danny
10-Jan-2007, 10:48 PM
i had a few fighting fantasy ones, and a transformers one too.

god they were boring.