PDA

View Full Version : Video of a Tornado that was by me

HLS
09-Jan-2007, 05:26 PM
This was about 5 miles or less from where I live. It is a slow video till your 5 minutes into it for it then gets very very close to the camera crew. It is well formed and quite cool by the 6.5-7 min mark. I am always so dang close to these things but I always miss seeing them with my own eyes.

http://www.weatherpaparazzi.com/video/videodetail.asp?id=178

bassman
09-Jan-2007, 05:35 PM
:lol:

When it gets close to the guy: "I....uhh.....ummm....ummmm....I.....uhhhh"

"What have you people been told about being under bridges? That's the most dangerous place you could be. Get in a ditch" As he's driving his police cruiser TOWARD the tornado.

Cool looking AND funny video.

HLS
09-Jan-2007, 06:13 PM

When it gets close to the guy: "I....uhh.....ummm....ummmm....I.....uhhhh"

"What have you people been told about being under bridges? That's the most dangerous place you could be. Get in a ditch" As he's driving his police cruiser TOWARD the tornado.

Cool looking AND funny video.
I know. I only missed this tornado for me and my then fiencee went to eat down south of there.

Here is a spinning wall cloud video. Now, I been directly under one of these before, very scary. You do not see it till 1.5 minutes into it. But looks scary! http://www.weatherpaparazzi.com/video/videodetail.asp?id=182

bassman
09-Jan-2007, 06:24 PM
I love watching stuff like this. I will say that these people are stupid for staying around to tape it and get pictures....but I would do the same thing. Of the few Tornados we get down here(Georgia), I've only been able to personally see only one. I was a teenager and had just gotten my Driver's ID, so what did I do? I got in my truck and did my best to follow it.:rolleyes:

Speaking of cool weather videos.....have you ever seen the one with two gus in a boat during the middle of a lightening storm and the boat get's hit? It leaves this crazy burned pattern on the windshield.:eek: It's also alittle disturbing the way the guy with the camera screams....

I'll see if I can find it.

HLS
09-Jan-2007, 07:13 PM
No I have not seen it but send me the link!

capncnut
10-Jan-2007, 01:34 AM
There's a certain calmness to watching Tornado videos. They should use them on the Relaxation Channel (or whatever it's called), sure beats watching fish swimming around in circles.