PDA

View Full Version : Doomsday Clock now tied to climate

Bongholio
12-Jan-2007, 09:50 PM
News to me,you may as well tie it to the burning out of the sun,.....:mad:
What can you do about it?NOTHING
http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=scienceNews&storyid=2007-01-12T202126Z_01_N12164371_RTRUKOC_0_US-DOOMSDAY-CLOCK.xml&WTmodLoc=NewsArt-R1-MostViewed-2

capncnut
13-Jan-2007, 12:04 AM
What's the point of keeping a clock to remind you of doomsday when you've got CNN? :D

HLS
14-Jan-2007, 04:46 AM
What's the point of keeping a clock to remind you of doomsday when you've got CNN? :D

LOL So true. Kinda sad that it exists anyways

Khardis
14-Jan-2007, 06:02 AM
In other words:

Scientists desperate for free money for research which requires no actual findings scare people world wide so they dont have to work.

I am really really serial! The manbearpig is coming!

They use it to drum up research grants. Lookout we are coming to Doomsday! Governments world wide better give us millions to study the effects of Cow farts on the environment!!!!!111oneoneone

tju1973
14-Jan-2007, 06:28 AM
:mad:
News to me,you may as well tie it to the burning out of the sun,.....:mad:
What can you do about it?NOTHING
http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=scienceNews&storyid=2007-01-12T202126Z_01_N12164371_RTRUKOC_0_US-DOOMSDAY-CLOCK.xml&WTmodLoc=NewsArt-R1-MostViewed-2

who cares?

I like my tv in the comfort of AC or heat...

I like my gas powered SUV.

I like beef and other gentically altered foods.

I like my crap now and in excess.

and I will never know my great great grandchildren..

HLS
14-Jan-2007, 05:08 PM

who cares?

I like my tv in the comfort of AC or heat...

I like my gas powered SUV.

I like beef and other gentically altered foods.

I like my crap now and in excess.

and I will never know my great great grandchildren..

Good point. Live life to the fullest. If doomsday is around the corner we might as well not worry about it for there is probably nothing we can do. Have lots of sex, eat, drink, pork out on BBQ and enjoy all that life offers.:eek: :D :p