15-Jan-2007, 11:44 AM
etGWugTbGwk

8ku4aQOmt0o

G7SzmWyc37w

XxNFmUmbm98

bassman
15-Jan-2007, 12:33 PM
What what what???

What is this man? Is this an upcoming game or just some little project a dude did on his computer?

I'm thinking it's just something a fan did being as Bill Murray has refused to sign away his likeness rights to anything related to Ghostbusters for years and that video looks quite a bit like him.

Info man, info!!!:D

Neil
15-Jan-2007, 12:39 PM
Don't know I'm afraid... Links just emailed to me :)

Danny
15-Jan-2007, 12:51 PM
damn that'd be a sweet game but with the whole licensing rights, and the sketchy logo i think its more of a fan made thing, it'd be awesome if it was real though.

bassman
15-Jan-2007, 12:52 PM
If it is fan made.....it looks pretty damn good.:confused:

Danny
15-Jan-2007, 01:03 PM
if memory serves arent you the guy on this forum whos a big-ass 'busters fan?:D

bassman
15-Jan-2007, 01:05 PM
if memory serves arent you the guy on this forum whos a big-ass 'busters fan?:D

Yesa, dat's me. If this is a game I will probably piss in my pants.:lol:

I've been trying to find some info, but nothing.:(

EDIT:

Well, so far I've come across that it's being developed by a small independent game company to hopefully sell to the big names. The footage is all just a prototype deal and it could ultimately change.

And on a personal note....being a huge fan of this franshise, I can tell you that there have been MANY attempts at bringing new Ghostbusters merchandise to the world but Sony Pictures stomps it into the mud 9 times out of 10.

Then again, there have been alot of old franchises getting new games(Godfather, Indiana Jones, Scarface, Jaws)......so who knows?

Also found this picture....
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l109/ghostbusters2000/ghostbustersthegame.jpg

Looks like a cross between Aliens and Ghostbusters.:p It definitely looks like all the actors, though....

Danny
15-Jan-2007, 03:02 PM
im gonna hafta download the theme off the net late,r but just looking round the net i happened to go onto the official uk 360 magazine site and found this

http://www.oxm.co.uk/articles/news/3rd_person/are_the_ghostbusters_exorcising_xbox_360

bassman
15-Jan-2007, 03:18 PM
I noticed in that article that they mention it taking place after "Ghostbusters II". If this is true and they're going with this sort of "army" look of the original Ghostbusters and their equipment, they should purchase the script for "Ghostbusters III" that Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis had written and turn that into the storyline of the game.

All fans have given up hope for the film to get made(thanks Murray:mad: ) but it could most likely be made into a good game and would fit perfectly with this sort of apocalyptic design they have going in that photo.

The original script was about Hell being on the same plane of existence that we live in only it's like a film shutter, appearing in the darkness between the 24 frames. When you step into hell, it's New York(like the first two films) only gridlocked with everyone speaking a different languages and pure chaos.

As Ramis described: "It's all the worst things about modern urban life, just magnified".

I think it would be a pretty cool idea to save the game being as how it will probably never see the light of day, anyway. At least give it a pretty spiffy storyline stemming from the Creators of the series.

Hey, I would love to see it.....but I've seen SO MANY promising Ghostbusters projects get shot down by either Bill Murray or Sony Pictures that i'm pretty much dismissing it until I see something official.

Danny
15-Jan-2007, 03:20 PM
best 3rd person shooter ever, and for the 360 no les, heres hoping for 4 player co-op.

capncnut
15-Jan-2007, 04:13 PM
That was some pretty sweet footage. I aint played a Ghostbusters game since the old 80's Activision classic (which was boss at the time) and to see it all revamped and groovy like that... wow... I think I just slimed my pants! :D

bassman
15-Jan-2007, 04:17 PM
The news of this thing is spreading like wildfire. Over at a GB forum that I frequent, people are posting up links.

This thing is getting coverage everywhere. This can only help.:thumbsup:

I imagine we'll see some sort of announcement from either Sony or Zootfly(reported creators) within the next few days stating whether this can possibly happen or be a waste of someone's time.

MikePizzoff
15-Jan-2007, 07:47 PM
Holy shiv! I really hope this gets picked up and made by a big company! Looks amazing.

MinionZombie
16-Jan-2007, 01:04 PM
That looks like it could be a really cool game, they should do it.

Mind you - I hate the 'new' Ecto-1, a crappy Caddy? Are you kidding me? Gimme the old school hearse Caddy, that's what you want. 50's wings and everything!

What was the script for the 3rd film about, bassman?

bassman
16-Jan-2007, 01:12 PM
That looks like it could be a really cool game, they should do it.

Mind you - I hate the 'new' Ecto-1, a crappy Caddy? Are you kidding me? Gimme the old school hearse Caddy, that's what you want. 50's wings and everything!

What was the script for the 3rd film about, bassman?

Look up, man. I gave a short synopsis a few posts up.;) And that's not a caddy in those pictures. It's a friggin Dodge/Crysler.:rolleyes: You're right though....stick with the ol' 1959 Caddy Hearse/Ambulence combo!:cool:

Got some news from IGN folks. Not exactly promising, but maybe all the buzz around the net will help. I knew the copyright thing was going to be hell....

UK, January 16, 2007 - Yesterday, our Aussie-bound IGN colleagues feverishly reported on several mysterious, leaked videos showing an Xbox 360 game based on the Ghostbusters franchise. Today however, we've gone one step further and contacted developer ZootFly to see exactly what the hell is going on.

Excitingly, we can confirm that yes(!) ZootFly has been working on a Ghostbusters game and the videos that appeared on YouTube are indeed 100% legitimate. However, the bad news is that the game is currently on hold.

Bostjan Troha, CEO of ZootFly, told IGN UK: "We are very glad to see the overwhelming response to the Ghostbusters prototype movies. What you've seen is indeed in-game footage of early prototypes on the Xbox 360, running on ZootFly's proprietary engine. Due to licensing issues, further development of the Ghostbusters game hit a bump on the road. But everybody here at ZootFly is working actively on resolving the challenges with the owners of the Ghostbusters IP.

"Not to lose the momentum, a part the ZootFly team is currently working on an original game called TimeO, which is closely related to Ghostbusters. The game follows the adventures of two die-hard New Yorkers. They get trapped deep in the shadow world of a parallel New York. The city itself is a war machine threatening to wipe out our world and they have three days to stop it. As soon as the Ghostbusters IP issue is resolved, the whole team will go back to Ghostbusters."

Fingers crossed that ZootFly manages to surmount those licensing obstacles so it can continue making our 80s movie dreams come true.

MinionZombie
16-Jan-2007, 01:52 PM
lol, aye I read further after posting that and saw ... sounds interesting.

Hmmm ... copyright issues eh? Interesting.

Hopefully it'll get resolved, I think there's plenty of fans out there to make the game a success for the moneymen (if that's all the moneymen can think about).

bassman
16-Jan-2007, 02:14 PM
lol, aye I read further after posting that and saw ... sounds interesting.

Hmmm ... copyright issues eh? Interesting.

Hopefully it'll get resolved, I think there's plenty of fans out there to make the game a success for the moneymen (if that's all the moneymen can think about).

Well, see....the main problem is that the franchise rights are split between several different parties: Sony pictures, Ivan Reitman, Harold Ramis, Dan Aykroyd, and Bill Murray.

Reitman, Ramis, and Aykroyd still love the franchise and would allow just about anything. The problem is Sony and mainly Bill Murray.

When GB3 almost happened, Murray refused to participate despite his "friends" Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis basically begging him. Finally, he agreed to do a SMALL cameo roll and let them have his portion of the rights. The only problem was that he wanted Sony to buy his rights from him and pay him a pretty large sum. Sony refused. After Aykroyd argued with Sony about it, they fired him from their studios.

So now Bill Murray wants nothing to with it at all, Sony pictures has fired the owners of the other portion of rights, and Ghostbusters 3 will likely never happen. This is probably the same thing that will prevent this game from happening.:(

Neil
16-Jan-2007, 02:31 PM
Game is legit, but on hold!

Excitingly, we can confirm that yes(!) ZootFly has been working on a Ghostbusters game and the videos that appeared on YouTube are indeed 100% legitimate. However, the bad news is that the game is currently on hold.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/755/755532p1.html

MinionZombie
16-Jan-2007, 05:31 PM
Hopefully Sony and Murrary can be won over, particularly Murray as if he has to do f*ck all (they could even get someone to mimick his voice - it's been done before quite successfully in other mediums), then perhaps it might happen.

I think it's pretty harsh to deny a loyal fanbase out there more GB goodness, it really is. :(

Danny
16-Jan-2007, 05:56 PM
damn straight man, i had to get a ghostbusters logo shirt from hmv today cus'-a this:D

MinionZombie
16-Jan-2007, 06:11 PM
lol @ Hellsing's impulse Hoomv purchase ... ahh, those were the days.

I loved running off to buy sh*t (DVDs or whatever) after getting all hot for something after seeing it online or on TV or whatever ... then half the time I'd kinda regret the impulsiveness ...

What were we on about? Oh yeah, G-bustaz! :cool:

bassman
17-Jan-2007, 02:43 PM
There still might be some hope...

Some members on a Ghostbusters forum that I visit have a pretty good theory as to how this game can be made without the Sony/Bill Murray problems.

At about the time the origial Playstation had been around for a year and a half, a company called Dreamcatcher Games purchased the rights and released a game based on "The Extreme Ghostbusters" cartoon. It could be possible that they purchased the rights to that Ghostbusters game and any Ghostbusters video game that may follow.

IF this is true, perhaps Zootfly can purchase the rights from Dreamcatcher and proceed with the game. The only difference would be that they could not use character likenesses of any of the characters. They may be able to use the same names(much like the comic series that was released a year or so ago (http://www.88mph.net/index.php?content=gb.php)), but they can't look like the actors that played the Ghostbusters.

It's all a stretch, I know. Then again, maybe Sony will recognize the potential of a GB game on these new systems and give it the go as a game based on the first movie. Here's hoping.:)

capncnut
17-Jan-2007, 06:39 PM
damn straight man, i had to get a ghostbusters logo shirt from hmv today cus'-a this:D

I picked up the DVD today for £2.99 in HMV because of this. "Bustin' makes me feel good!" :lol:

bassman
17-Jan-2007, 07:34 PM

I feel like a sad, sad man. I have....let's see,

- 7 Ghostbusters shirts(new)
- an original blue one that was given out around set while filming(one is visible at the end of the movie)
- an original theatrical poster that was taken from the theater that premiered the movie in New York(paid lots of money for this.It's HUGE too - not your ordinary poster)
- Autographed photo with the three original GB's walking out of the elevator - signed by all three.
- Autographed photo with the four GB's standing beside the Ecto-1 and covered in marshmellows - signed by all four GB's and Director Ivan Reitman)
- All issues of "The Real Ghostbusters" comic book series.
- The book, "Making Ghostbusters" - Good read for you movie buffs. Has everything you can think of.....
- The new Ghostbusters comic series, "Legion" - Multiple copies with different covers.
- 3 model cars - two of the Ecto-1(first movie) and one of the Ecto-1a(second movie)
- two Coca Cola cans with the Ghostbusters logo from 1984.
- A replica proton pack that I made myself - roughly 90-95% screen accurate. This is my Halloween custome and stays on display on the wall in my gameroom the rest of the year.:D
- The soundtrack on a record that is shaped and colored like the logo
- "The Music of Ghostbusters" book which teaches how to play the songs from the soundtrack as well as the score.
- A statue of the Stay Puft Marshmellow man(can be seen in a quick shot in "40 year old virgin")
- several copies of the movies on DVD. two copies of the original VHS'
- the only three available dvds of RGB.
- plus a good bit more that I can't think of at the moment.....

Beat that motha f*ckas!:lol:

I know....It's sad.:| But at least it will be ALOT of money when I want to sell it!

capncnut
17-Jan-2007, 08:28 PM
I saw a great Ghostbusters shirt the other day in my local geeky comic book store. Had slimer on the front in illuminous green, smiling with all the hotdogs in his mouth. :D

MinionZombie
17-Jan-2007, 08:54 PM
Jesus all-singing-all-dancing Christ, bassman! That's a collection right thar! :eek::eek:

Man ... TGB was one of the big big things back when I was a kid, I was mad for it - still am - it's a superb movie (superb movies actually). :cool:

bassman
22-Jan-2007, 02:56 AM
I had to point this out to some of you Ghostheads out there.......

I just revently found this teaser trailer on Youtube of an independent fan film called "Return of the Ghostbusters". It uses a song that I remember from "Backdraft" and possibly from the TV show, "Baywatch".

I got a kick out of it and I thought some of you would. Here it is....

q1Q5bdZCdGY

MinionZombie
22-Jan-2007, 10:30 AM
:D

Pretty darn cool that, just goes to show the GB fanbase is alive and kicking and that there's still plenty of love out there for the series - and damn straight too, the movies/cartoon were friggin' excellent.

capncnut
22-Jan-2007, 11:33 AM
Is that a real movie or just another one of these fan made 'fake' trailers?

bassman
05-Feb-2007, 02:01 PM
I read up on some promising news that I had missed over this past weekend...

According to protoncharging.com (http://www.protoncharging.com/gb/), Dan Aykroyd talked to The Edmonton Sun about the end of his acting career and a "Ghostbusters" game while touring with The Blues Brothers. He had this to say on the subjects:

As such, he hasn’t much time left for Hollywood. Aside from a role in the Adam Sandler-starring I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry, due out later this year, Aykroyd says he’s pretty much done with acting after a fun, 30-plus year run.

He will, however, be revisiting the role of Dr. Raymond Stantz for a Ghostbusters video game.

“Universal purchased the rights from Sony for a game. I’m actually going to have to perform and do some motion capture for them. That will be next year.”

A "Ghostbusters" game that the Franchise creator is involved with? Wow. Whether or not he's refering to the Zootfly demos is yet to be seen.

And in other great GB news....Aykroyd also spilled the beans on the fact that a "Ghostbusters 3" is still a posibility and even Bill Murray has agreed to it. Whats the catch, you ask? It's going to be CGI. No wonder Murray agreed to voice a CG Venkman after having voiced "Garfield" TWICE.:rolleyes: This is only what Aykroyd says(which IS a good thing), but I'm waiting for a studio announcement. Plus, I'm a bit weary of the whole CGI thing.....

MinionZombie
05-Feb-2007, 02:49 PM
A CGI Ghostbusters? Interesting ... I guess it makes sense as it'd probably be a big legend crushing to see these guys you loved from the first two movies now all pudgy and shagged out looking ... but aye, the CGI movie thing ... a tad iffy, but I'd definitely watch it and who knows - it could be awesome.

I read the same interview snippet over on ActionTrip - cool news indeed, I presume it is to do with the Zootfly game being made, and it suggests that the rumours about IP troubles were just that, rumours.

A GB game - yes please!

capncnut
06-Feb-2007, 11:34 AM
I'm not sure about the CGI movie (sounds dodgy, I want a REAL movie) but the game would definitely get bought.

bassman
13-Nov-2007, 05:36 PM
Well oh well....what could THIS (http://gonintendo.com/?p=29100) possibly be about?

I'm betting that it's most likely the official GB game with all the original characters and what not, but as some people on the page have mentioned....it would also be cool to have a Back to the Future game.

This also recently popped up online. It's unclear whether or not it is real, but it looks pretty sweet.
XgIx4obsFJU&rel

It's been officially announced by Aykroyd that the main guys are definitely voicing the game, so maybe we're going to get an announcement/trailer soon?:D

CoinReturn
14-Nov-2007, 08:32 PM
They are actually making a Ghostbusters game! Check out the cover of next months Game Informer:

Harold Ramis, Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd are getting back together and revisiting their roles to make a sequel to Ghostbusters 1 and 2 – in video-game form, and we’ve got the first details. Both Aykroyd and Ramis are teaming up for scriptwriting duties and are going far beyond just the typical licensed add-your-voice-to-the-game-you-had-nothing-to-do-with formula. And no, this has nothing to do with the Ghostbusters Zootfly video demonstration that floated around the internet in January.

http://gameinformer.com/NR/rdonlyres/3C061D8F-F8E4-4E69-A5F4-09A8B7CE99EE/14213/01gi_cover172.jpg
http://gameinformer.com/News/Story/200711/N07.1114.1221.16217.htm

Its so cool that the original gang are all coming back for this. Ghostbusters 3 in video game form? I'll take it.

bassman
14-Nov-2007, 09:08 PM
When is that issue released, coin? This must be the announcement that Vivendi was talking about. It has to be.

Universal bought the rights for a GB game from Sony, Universal also happens to own Vivendi, and now Vivendi is saying that they're going to announce a 80's franchise....this has to be it.

"I can feel it...we're very very close"

MikePizzoff
14-Nov-2007, 10:28 PM
Farkin A! This should be pretty awesome.

It would also rule if someone made a BTTF sandbox game, like someone said on that site.

Danny
14-Nov-2007, 10:29 PM
i sequel to a movie, but you can actually play as one of the ghostbusters?

....game of the year, im saying that right now.:lol:

more info http://kotaku.com/gaming/ghostbusters/more-details-on-ghostbusters-game-322943.php

its by the guys who did bloodrayne:confused:......

DeadJonas190
15-Nov-2007, 06:54 AM
Here is another short article about the game

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3164388

MinionZombie
15-Nov-2007, 09:54 AM
Ah mate BTTF sandbox game WOULD be awesome! :cool:

*Power of Love chimes in head*

I can just see myself skating around the town square right now...:)

And w00ty-w00t to the GB game! :thumbsup:

bassman
15-Nov-2007, 12:13 PM
This article has what appears to be a screen shot. I don't know if it's real or not, but I would be okay with it. http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117976019.html?categoryid=13&cs=1&query=Ghostbusters...

Man....you guys know how I am about Ghostbusters so this news is like the second coming of christ. Or the coming of Gozer - I haven't decided which.

Being that this is written as a sequel after Ghostbusters II, I wonder if the title will be Ghostbusters III, Ghostbusters: Hellbent(the original script title) or just Ghostbusters.:rockbrow:

EDIT!: Holy sh*t.....check it out!!
http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/11/gbstaypuft.jpg

Danny
15-Nov-2007, 02:00 PM
if they use a crossing the streams reference ill be happy.

bassman
15-Nov-2007, 02:27 PM
The graphics don't look incredible, but pretty good. And this may be an early photo and the graphics may be better by now. Either way, I just hope it's a fun game and has the feeling of the original.

Do any of you guys have a subscription to Game Informer? I can't wait to see what news they spill in that issue.

Danny
15-Nov-2007, 02:40 PM
its apparently, if rumours are true, got 4 player online co-op, so you can go bustin' with people on your buddy list.

...and on drunken firday nights repeat, albet with slurred singing of the theme, till the cops arrive, after the ieghbours called and beat your ass when you attempt to jump them screaming "ray, dont cross the streams" into yourheadset, then piss yourself and fall asleep.:lol:

bassman
15-Nov-2007, 03:18 PM
its apparently, if rumours are true, got 4 player online co-op, so you can go bustin' with people on your buddy list.

...and on drunken firday nights repeat, albet with slurred singing of the theme, till the cops arrive, after the ieghbours called and beat your ass when you attempt to jump them screaming "ray, dont cross the streams" into yourheadset, then piss yourself and fall asleep.:lol:

:lol:

4 player co-op makes my mouth water. Busting ghosts with my brother(Also a huge GB fan).:D

If the rumors are true and this is supposed to take place in the early nineties after GBII, I wonder why Mr. Stay Puft is in it. Slimer too, for that matter.

Hopefully they're not repeating themselves like they did with GBII. Maybe it's some sort of flash back at the beginning of the game where you play key scenes from the first two flicks...that would be great.

Now I just have to wait on a BTTF game like MZ said. It would be great to be marty during the skateboard/hoverboard biff chase.:)

Danny
15-Nov-2007, 03:24 PM
itd be cooler than a remake thats for damn sure.

bassman
15-Nov-2007, 08:45 PM
I'm starting to think that it may not be a sequel, after all. Just found this screen grab and I think that it's supposed to be the dinning room from the first movie...

http://www.variety.com/rbidata/photogallery/variety/4007.jpg

Danny
15-Nov-2007, 09:42 PM
you have to remember a good slice of there target audience wont remember the movies so this'll most likely be a catch up to speed type thing.

CoinReturn
15-Nov-2007, 09:50 PM
Yeah, the first couple levels will probably be from the first 2 movies, just to bring the player back in to the Ghostbusters universe.

capncnut
16-Nov-2007, 06:36 AM
http://www.variety.com/rbidata/photogallery/variety/4007.jpg
Cor, that looks proper. I bet you got a big ole wet patch in your shorts Bassman. :D

MinionZombie
16-Nov-2007, 10:16 AM
Hmmm...wet & sticky no doubt...

I think it's a bit early to be saying 'young folk today don't know Ghostbusters', and with the average age of a gamer being damn near 30, what's the big deal?

Hopefully just catch up missions, filling in gaps. There's many-a-fan out there wanting more than just playing the movies with a joypad.

bassman
16-Nov-2007, 11:41 AM
The site went live.

www.Ghostbustersgame.com (http://www.Ghostbustersgame.com)

Has a small teaser, photos(AWESOME), and other cool sh*t. Now excuse me while I change my shorts....

EDIT: Go to THIS FORUM (http://forums.ghostbusters.net/viewtopic.php?t=12273&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=90)and the Game Informer article is linked in the first post. Damn news of this thing is flowing in now. Apparently this game was in development long before those Zootfly videos that popped up on youtube...

EDIT #2: Now THERE'S FOOTAGE (http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/index.html?t=680896#680896[/url). News is just pouring in about this thing. Looks like it's going to be completely awesome.

CoinReturn
16-Nov-2007, 04:42 PM
That gameplay footage looks SICK. It may be the kid inside, but I've now got complete faith in this game. Can't wait for this one!

Edit: And according to the website, Ernie Hudson is also in it. Good to see they didn't forget about him.

capncnut
16-Nov-2007, 05:40 PM
Yeah that's incredible, I'm seriously looking forward to this game now. Hmm, I might watch the movie tonight actually...

MinionZombie
17-Nov-2007, 10:43 AM
Good looking footage there, didn't see the last smidge of the video, goddamn g4tv stuff loads F*CKING SLOWLY, geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

Anyway, once all the E! Entertainment type bollocks got out of the way of real footage people want to see, it was good. I certainly look forward to playing the game.

Is the footage online anywhere else? Preferably somewhere that actually loads quickly. :D

bassman
17-Nov-2007, 12:52 PM
As you wish....

umMYQuuWozs&rel=1
With The GB theme added in.:)

Notice the cake that explodes in the ballroom? That's got to be a little wink to the first movie when Spengler does that.

It says in GI that they're even using Elmer Bernstein's score from the first flick. I can't contain myself any longer. I've got to brace for the longest year of my life.:dead:

DjfunkmasterG
17-Nov-2007, 01:49 PM
As a GB fan I think it is cool they are doing something with the property again, but... I am not an avid gamer, and would much rather see a Ghostbusters movie rather than a game. However, I guess if this is all I can get I will take it... Time to dust off the gaming consoles.

bassman
17-Nov-2007, 05:45 PM
As a GB fan I think it is cool they are doing something with the property again, but... I am not an avid gamer, and would much rather see a Ghostbusters movie rather than a game. However, I guess if this is all I can get I will take it... Time to dust off the gaming consoles.

I agree, actually. The thing is.....there was no way to make a Ghostbusters 3. Aykroyd has been trying to get it off the ground since about 1995. It just wasn't going to happen, so I guess this was the best alternative. I mean, you get the story of what the movie would've been but you also get to play it.

You know it's tickling you alittle just knowing that it's by the original writers and all the actors are providing motion capture/voices.:sneaky:

MinionZombie
17-Nov-2007, 05:50 PM
Ooooh I canny wait!

Although would they be doing the motion capture? They're a bit old for the more athletic stuff...and a bit rotund for it too, so it'd be kinda pointless to get them to motion capture...but w00t for voicing! :D

And w00t for writing too!

The chance of a 3rd film has long since sailed unfortunately (unless it was some CGI thing like they did with the Ninja Turtles ... who knows, if the game does well, maybe they'll do a CGI movie) ... this is the next best thing, and awesome in it's own right cos as you say - we get to play it now.

And it actually looks like a good game, and will most likely have a good story and so on, not just some cash-in thrown out for a movie's release date.

bassman
17-Nov-2007, 09:06 PM
Ooooh I canny wait!

Although would they be doing the motion capture? They're a bit old for the more athletic stuff...and a bit rotund for it too, so it'd be kinda pointless to get them to motion capture...but w00t for voicing! :D

And w00t for writing too!

The chance of a 3rd film has long since sailed unfortunately (unless it was some CGI thing like they did with the Ninja Turtles ... who knows, if the game does well, maybe they'll do a CGI movie) ... this is the next best thing, and awesome in it's own right cos as you say - we get to play it now.

And it actually looks like a good game, and will most likely have a good story and so on, not just some cash-in thrown out for a movie's release date.

If you check out the link I posted about the Game Informer article, Aykroyd says in the interview that they did motion capture to reflect how they all move and how their body language works. They just had about 20 years taken off of their bodies in the process.:p

From what's being said, they're already planning on making it a series of games if this one does well. I can only hope.

One more thing. The game is already on presale through Sierra's site.

MinionZombie
17-Nov-2007, 09:18 PM
Hmmm...I read that article, but I don't remember reading the bit about them motion capturing themselves...huh.

Anyway, 2008 is gonna be a bad ass year for gaming, this and GTA4 and Alan Wake...dude. :cool:

Danny
17-Nov-2007, 10:00 PM
so is it gonna be set in the 80's if they gotta make em younger?, ah man theres so many pop culture reference opportunities right thar'

MinionZombie
18-Nov-2007, 11:04 AM
so is it gonna be set in the 80's if they gotta make em younger?, ah man theres so many pop culture reference opportunities right thar'
It said in the game informer article - 1991, 2 years after GB2.

So no Motorola Razr's or carbon footprints! YAY! :D

Neil
19-Nov-2007, 01:42 PM
Some ingame shots... http://www.actiontrip.com/features/ghostbustersthevideogame.phtml

bassman
19-Nov-2007, 03:04 PM
Some ingame shots... http://www.actiontrip.com/features/ghostbustersthevideogame.phtml

You're a bit late on that one, Neil.:p

There have actually been LOADS of leaked game footage and concept drawings, so I thought I would post some of my favorites:

http://www.protoncharging.com/ghostbusters/images/GBgame/gb6.JPG
http://www.protoncharging.com/ghostbusters/images/GBgame/gb2.JPG
http://www.protoncharging.com/ghostbusters/images/GBgame/gb5.JPG
http://www.protoncharging.com/ghostbusters/images/GBgame/gb9.JPG
http://www.protoncharging.com/ghostbusters/images/GBgame/gb15.JPG
http://www.protoncharging.com/ghostbusters/images/GBgame/gb19.JPG

Danny
19-Nov-2007, 04:41 PM
man across the net the buzz on site s about this si huge, its either really going to be the goty of a hooooooje dissapointment.

Neil
19-Nov-2007, 05:46 PM
You're a bit late on that one, Neil.:p

There have actually been LOADS of leaked game footage and concept drawings, so I thought I would post some of my favorites:

http://www.protoncharging.com/ghostbusters/images/GBgame/gb6.JPG
http://www.protoncharging.com/ghostbusters/images/GBgame/gb2.JPG
http://www.protoncharging.com/ghostbusters/images/GBgame/gb5.JPG
http://www.protoncharging.com/ghostbusters/images/GBgame/gb9.JPG
http://www.protoncharging.com/ghostbusters/images/GBgame/gb15.JPG
http://www.protoncharging.com/ghostbusters/images/GBgame/gb19.JPG

Oi! You cheeky moo! I started this party! :moon:

Danny
19-Nov-2007, 06:02 PM
Oi! You cheeky moo! I started this party! :moon:

and he finished it, BURN!:lol:

MinionZombie
19-Nov-2007, 06:08 PM
Just watching Simpson's on C4+1, Homer just said the line where he was quoting movie angels, including Slimer from Ghostbusters. :lol:

bassman
19-Nov-2007, 06:18 PM
Just watching Simpson's on C4+1, Homer just said the line where he was quoting movie angels, including Slimer from Ghostbusters. :lol:

I seem to remember a Ghostbusters reference in the Simpsons where at the end of the show, Homer says something along the lines of "And now we can dance to the greatest song of all time: (whole family)GHOSTBUSTERS!. Then the theme starts and they dance around the living room until the credits roll.

That reminds me...I watched Superbad again last night and there's a nifty GB reference thrown in a few times. Have you seen that flick yet, MZ?

Anywho....I think that this is probably my favorite GB reference. Even though the film it's in isn't that great.:dead:
YpmSldUC0hU&rel=1

MinionZombie
19-Nov-2007, 06:30 PM
Nope, ain't seen Superbad yet...and yes I know that is superlame of me, but I've got the extended & unrated special edition DVD pre-ordered and it comes out in like 2 weeks, so in 3 weeks or under, expect a reference bonanza from me. :D

Until then, I'll just count the days till I get to laugh till I puke over "McLovin! NICE!" :lol:

Danny
20-Nov-2007, 04:44 AM
actually that bit in the trailers 2 scenes seperated by about 40 mins of movie, they just cut it to look, to quote aint it cool "radass".

and you dont need to review it, youll just say "it rocked, makes american pie look worse, and it allready looked pretty bad". jsut like everyone else.;)

Neil
05-Dec-2007, 12:58 PM
Preview of the game... http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/839/839539p1.html

bassman
05-Dec-2007, 03:51 PM
Cool article, but it's basically the same thing we've gotten before. I'm waiting for something that covers the "Ghostbusters 3" aspect of the game rather than the training missions from the first film at the beginning of the game.

I'm really glad that every person that's played/seen it has said that it has fantastic game play and graphics, though. Hopefully it will stay that way and they will only improve on it over the next 10 months...

Because after all....there's never really been a good Ghostbusters game.:dead:
qZZvNLWu51Q&rel=1

MikePizzoff
05-Dec-2007, 04:10 PM
I'm hoping for a somewhat non-linear game; ya know, have a map of NYC and it shows where hauntings are happening and you can choose which ones to go to. Then once you're at the location you are free to run around inside the building looking for the ghost(s).

bassman
05-Dec-2007, 04:13 PM
I'm hoping for a somewhat non-linear game; ya know, have a map of NYC and it shows where hauntings are happening and you can choose which ones to go to. Then once you're at the location you are free to run around inside the building looking for the ghost(s).

From my understanding, so far the only area that will be free roaming will be the firehouse. The rest is a linear storyline so that it keeps that 3rd movie feel to it. Then again, this could all change before October.

Danny
05-Dec-2007, 08:46 PM
nowere near release but its the cover article of this months uk xbox magazine.:cool:

Craig
05-Dec-2007, 09:57 PM
I think he's talking about Hamlet by the way:
E4aoLqNvOc8

bassman
05-Dec-2007, 11:49 PM
That's right. I was close, anyway. Watching Homer smack his own ass to the theme of Ghostbusters is always worth a good laugh.:lol:

capncnut
12-Dec-2007, 12:37 PM
nowere near release but its the cover article of this months uk xbox magazine.:cool:
It's definitely worth reading as they've done a 'hands on' report. Some of the levels look red hot!

Danny
15-Dec-2007, 02:04 PM
oh aye, the graveyard level looks fantastic.

bassman
31-Jan-2008, 12:08 PM
There's some new screenshots posted HERE (http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200801/N08.0129.1446.43173.htm).

And on a side note - Sony has commisioned an undisclosed car repair company in LA to repair the ecto's from the two movies. The Ecto 1(Ghostbusters) looks to be completed while the Ecto 1A(Ghostbusters II) has got quite a ways to go if they're going to meet their March deadline. You can see the cars in all their drool-worthy(for me, anyway) glory over here (http://protoncharging.com/gb/2008/01/30/ecto-1-nears-completion/).

At first it was speculated that Sony was repairing the cars for promotion of the release of the game(Ecto 1 has been rotting away on Sony's back lot and Ecto 1A has been rotting at Universal Studios Florida) but now they're saying that the cars must be done before March. Are they finally selling them? *whips out checkbook and eagerly awaits*:D

They've come a long way since October 2007 (http://web.mac.com/oldkingdom/Ectos_-_1_and_1A/GHOSTBUSTERS_2007.html).

Neil
31-Jan-2008, 01:02 PM
My main concern with this game is they'll bend over backwards to make look and feel like the films, and not actually be able to put any decent game play in!

Danny
31-Jan-2008, 01:10 PM
couldnt be worse than any other ghostbusters outdings on consoles.

bassman
31-Jan-2008, 01:17 PM
couldnt be worse than any other ghostbusters outdings on consoles.

Exactly. God those things sucked....

The magazine reporters that have played the game have said that the gameplay is fun. Let's hope they aren't bullsh*tting.

Danny
31-Jan-2008, 01:31 PM
i feel the need to dust off my copy of ghost hunter on the ps2 now, you ever catch that one bassman?

bassman
31-Jan-2008, 01:55 PM
no, never had a PS2

MikePizzoff
31-Jan-2008, 02:40 PM
Not too sure if I like that they're putting a castle in the middle of nowhere in the game... I'd rather it be all in NYC.

bassman
31-Jan-2008, 05:47 PM
Not too sure if I like that they're putting a castle in the middle of nowhere in the game... I'd rather it be all in NYC.

If they're following the GBIII script, it's in New York. Just a parallel dimension of New York. Like how Central Park turns into one big cemetery in the other dimension....

That is of course IF they're following that original GBIII script.

Danny
31-Jan-2008, 06:07 PM
If they're following the GBIII script, it's in New York. Just a parallel dimension of New York. Like how Central Park turns into one big cemetery in the other dimension....

well i know theres a cemtery in there from screenies ive seen so id say so.

SRP76
31-Jan-2008, 06:12 PM

Exactly. God those things sucked....

No they didn't. I had Ghostbusters for the Sega Master System, and it was fun.

bassman
31-Jan-2008, 06:20 PM
No they didn't. I had Ghostbusters for the Sega Master System, and it was fun.

That one was DECENT. But it still wasn't very good. The rest of them REALLY sucked.

MikePizzoff
31-Jan-2008, 08:21 PM

Oh, well then I'm not upset. Awesome!

Can't wait for a playable demo on XBOX Live!!! (lets hope)

bassman
13-Feb-2008, 01:52 PM
I had seen this once before but never could find it again. I finally came across it today and I thought I should share. Probably my favorite picture so far. It's a recreation of the first film's poster. Unfortunately this fella is standing in front of it, but you get a good look at two of the characters.

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/6440/ghostbustersthevideogamhu4.jpg

For comparison:

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q139/rolyb_123/Ghostbusters-Poster-C10289779.jpg

I guess it's at the game's production company offices or something...

Neil
28-Apr-2008, 07:57 AM
http://www.hookedgamers.com/articles/preview/414/ghostbusters_the_video_game/1

http://www.hookedgamers.com//gfx/articles/414/z_ghostbusters_700.jpg

bassman
29-Apr-2008, 01:18 PM
Nice little interview that confirms a few tidbits....

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33342.html

bassman
07-May-2008, 07:59 PM
New trailer for Ghostbusters & Gears of War 2 this Friday on GametrailersTV on the Spike channel.

Here's a preview for the show with some footage: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33625.html

And some screenshots of gameplay.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q207/BRUCEvenkman/gbvg.jpg

Now excuse me....I need a new pair of shorts....

bassman
20-May-2008, 02:27 PM
Almost an entire level of gameplay footage featuring shots of Venkman(Murray) and Stantz(Aykroyd) in game and Elmer Bernstein's score from the first film.

HCw_sNxHI9E&hl=en

The interviews and footage from spike tv's game trailers....

y30yGAFOhas&hl=en

MinionZombie
21-May-2008, 10:30 AM
Ah yes, I saw that bit on Playr, it's the replacement for "GamerTV" on Bravo. Essentially exactly the same thing, but with different name/graphics/voice over. :p

Cool indeed, obviously it's still in the construction stages and requires polishing, but so far so good.

bassman
14-Jul-2008, 12:32 PM
Tech Demos:

Hbs4_3MBnCs

v1bR1cbGOaU

pdZN4myeuDc

That new physics engine is pretty damn impressive. If you listen carefully behind the guy's voice, you can hear the score from the film. Awesome...

Rottedfreak
14-Jul-2008, 02:11 PM
The crowded street one is quite impressive but it still needs alot of work, it reminds me of Hitman Blood Money level New Orleans set during Mardi Gras though I doubt this 'Infernal engine' could be used in the PS2/Wii version unless they scaled it back a bit.
My bet is those versions are being handled with minimal effort by a D list developer and will end up a PS1.5 standard crap fest.

MikePizzoff
14-Jul-2008, 04:04 PM
Whoa. Amazing tech demos. I can't wait!!!

Rottedfreak
15-Jul-2008, 09:54 AM
Looks like I was wrong, the Wii/PS2 developers are using the same build but visually it's like a CGI Pixar movie. Thinking back, Luigis Mansion is the closest game thus far to a 3D Ghostbusters game.

bassman
15-Jul-2008, 01:20 PM
Official Trailer (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36298.html)

I like how they made it almost as a movie trailer, but couldn't they have shown the game version of the characters when it says the actors' names?:rockbrow:

Here's a good screenshot of one of the actors. Can you tell who it is?:p
http://www.protoncharging.com/ghostbusters/images/E3_Ghostbusters/DGA%20GB%20Xbx%20copy.jpg

And for reference, this is what the Wii, PS2, & DS version of the game will look like.
http://www.protoncharging.com/ghostbusters/images/E3_Ghostbusters/screenshot_008.jpg

Neil
15-Jul-2008, 02:59 PM
Looks pretty!

MinionZombie
18-Jul-2008, 05:56 PM
Been waiting days to see these videos (long story).

Anyway, they look spiffing.

Indeed, some details like NPCs and the vehicles (not Ecto 1 though), need work to spiff them up a bit, you know, but otherwise the game looks boss - all the "hero" elements, if you will, look great.

Also, the physics engine is rather impressive, just from the stand point of having thousands of objects farting around on screen at once with no lag - noiiice!

capncnut
18-Jul-2008, 06:50 PM
That one was DECENT. But it still wasn't very good. The rest of them REALLY sucked.
I really liked the Activision Ghostbusters game from the eighties. Still immensely playable now...

bassman
22-Aug-2008, 01:27 PM
So it was announced long ago that Sigourney Weaver would not be returning to play Venkman's love interest. Then it was revealed that his new love interest's name is Alyssa.

Today, it's being reported that Alyssa Milano(From tv shows Who's the Boss & Charmed) will most likely be voicing the character. Weird choice.....but she's hot, so I'll go with it.:p

From protoncharging.com

In this month’s issue of German gaming magazine, PC Action, Terminal Reality executive producer Brendan Goss spoke a bit about the game and the cast - the most interesting reveal was the mention of Alyssa Milano as part of the cast. No word on her role, though it’s not hard to assume she will be voicing the new love-interest and damsel in distress. Thanks to Andreas for the heads up and stay tuned for more info!

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/extramustard/10/02/milano_qa/p1_milano.jpg

Now if we could just get an official release date. (god...let it still be october:()

bassman
30-Oct-2008, 11:56 AM
It's officially...umm....OFFICIAL! Q2 of 2009! WOOT!!!

http://www.protoncharging.com/gb/wp-content/cache/supercache/protoncharging.com/gb/index.html

Bub666
30-Oct-2008, 12:22 PM
It's officially...umm....OFFICIAL! Q2 of 2009! WOOT!!!

http://www.protoncharging.com/gb/wp-content/cache/supercache/protoncharging.com/gb/index.html

This is great news,I can't wait until this game comes out.:D

MinionZombie
30-Oct-2008, 01:00 PM
This is great news,I can't wait until this game comes out.:D
I'm very happy for you Bassman, now you can release all that tantric excitement all over Gozer's face. :p

Wooo! No doubt I'll be getting my mits on this, I mean who doesn't or didn't want to be a Ghostbuster at some point in their life? :cool:

bassman
30-Oct-2008, 01:06 PM
I mean who doesn't or didn't want to be a Ghostbuster at some point in their life? :cool:

I have no idea what you're talking about...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3287/2980815781_3a18031260.jpg?v=0

And as a small way to "celebrate" this awesome news: This video was filmed in 1983 for Ghostbusters. You may remember it as the song that accompanies the GBs to their first bust(slimer). This was never aired and just uncovered for the first time about 2 weeks ago. It's amazing what stuff you can still find 25 years later...

wUITAWBj6Hg ^^^ Link fixed by lovely caring fluffy mod!

This news of the release has totally made my Thursday.:D

Danny
30-Oct-2008, 01:31 PM
I'm very happy for you Bassman, now you can release all that tantric excitement all over Gozer's face. :p

Wooo! No doubt I'll be getting my mits on this, I mean who doesn't or didn't want to be a Ghostbuster at some point in their life? :cool:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/SeanWilliamScott_3.jpg

"finch you stay the hell away from that pychus, thats a jizz free pychus!"

MinionZombie
30-Oct-2008, 08:18 PM
Hellsing - classic. :cool:

How on earth does something like that, which people invested money into, and connected to a hugely successful movie, just disappear and not surface again for 24 years?! :confused:

bassman
30-Oct-2008, 08:39 PM
How on earth does something like that, which people invested money into, and connected to a hugely successful movie, just disappear and not surface again for 24 years?! :confused:

There was an interview a few years back with the Bus Boys in which they said that while they did make the video, the studio decided to never release it in order to showcase the theme song more. Or something like that. The Bus Boys themselves had never seen it.

Hell....not too long ago a new deleted scene was found. How does something like THAT stay hidden for so long?

MinionZombie
30-Oct-2008, 08:43 PM
There was an interview a few years back with the Bus Boys in which they said that while they did make the video, the studio decided to never release it in order to showcase the theme song more. Or something like that. The Bus Boys themselves had never seen it.

Hell....not too long ago a new deleted scene was found. How does something like THAT stay hidden for so long?
Any linkage to said scene?

bassman
31-Oct-2008, 11:52 AM
Any linkage to said scene?

I failed to mention that it was new TO ME. It could have been out there already, but it's a big damn surprise that I missed it after all these years.

UHwompu_TRE&hl=en&fs=1

bassman
03-Dec-2008, 04:38 PM
OH MY GOD!!!

THIS is the trailer I wanted. Best game of 09...I'm calling it.

bFD8rh2YDyA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl

I'm so excited right now, it's ridiculous.

Danny
03-Dec-2008, 04:45 PM
im not the only guy who noticed a 5th ghostbuster a couple of ties in there right?

bassman
03-Dec-2008, 04:48 PM
im not the only guy who noticed a 5th ghostbuster a couple of ties in there right?

Yeah dude. That's the premise of the game. You play as a newly hired recruit and work with the original four. Notice that Stantz(aykroyd) says "That's your que, killer". They talk to you(the player).

Gotta love Stant'z trademark reference. "That wasn't my fault, I swear!".:hyper:

MinionZombie
03-Dec-2008, 05:54 PM
Aww hell yeah. :)

There's a couple of patches in the trailer that could do with a bit more spiffing up, like Ecto-1 driving on a street, it looks like its skating on ice or floating on air, and could do with a bit more depth - better shadow work perhaps.

Same goes for the blue whoosh of stuff near the start, that could do with being spruced up some more, but I'd imagine they'd be doing that kinda thing in the next few months prior to release, the old spit & polish so-to-speak.

Anyway, hell yeah I'm gonna have a ball playing this game - I just hope it is nicely balanced, has a range of difficulties (so you can either just have fun and not worry too much, or you can be a glutton for punishment if you wish) ... I should re-watch the movies again actually, a pair of classics. :)

Danny
03-Dec-2008, 06:19 PM
man this really should have online co-op.

bassman
03-Dec-2008, 09:06 PM
Aww hell yeah. :)

There's a couple of patches in the trailer that could do with a bit more spiffing up, like Ecto-1 driving on a street, it looks like its skating on ice or floating on air, and could do with a bit more depth - better shadow work perhaps.

Same goes for the blue whoosh of stuff near the start, that could do with being spruced up some more, but I'd imagine they'd be doing that kinda thing in the next few months prior to release, the old spit & polish so-to-speak.

I thought the blue thing(made me think of the first Xmen film:rockbrow:) looked pretty damn cool. The Ecto did look a bit funny, but come on man! Look at those shots near the end with all the guys in a line firing their packs. It looks just like the films!

Anyway, I don't know if they're doing anymore work on the game or not. I think it's most likely finished and they're waiting to release it. Some of the people that are "in the know" lurk around GB forums, so i'll see if they're doing any more polishing on the game.

BTW....A new article in which the writer played a new level was just released. Apparently the GBs go through the portal to hell just like in Aykroyd/Ramis' GB3.:cool:

MinionZombie
03-Dec-2008, 09:37 PM
Ah yeah true, the game could well be finished, I'd forgotten about the fuss that's happened with it recently - but good on Atari for picking it up, they're got a surefire hit there I think - and hope.

Not major gripes, just things that I'd change or tweak if I was in charge of the game anyway - but it's not all about graphics of course, a superb playing experience can set that sort of sh*t aside - although you do wonder if a smidge of it is down to it also being on the PS2?

The Wii and DS obviously have totally different versions, but the PS2 will be a downgraded version of the proper one I'd imagine, but that would no doubt mean certain things that pull you down as a developer a little bit - but like I said, looks ain't everything. The most important thing is great gameplay, sweet controls, and a super-fun-happy-time. :cool:

I look forward to getting my mits on it and having a right old "back in the day" sesh.

mista_mo
03-Dec-2008, 09:39 PM
This looks pretty much sub par, really.

bassman
03-Dec-2008, 09:45 PM
I really doubt they would make a trailer with clips from a system that isn't PS3 or 360, ya know? So I'm thinking that what we see here is what we get. I'm sure to some gamers it'll turn into a "These graphics suck, this control is f*cked up, etc", but to me, I just look forward to seeing the characters again. Sure, gameplay and graphics are important to games, but as i've said before....this is essentially the third film. That's what excites me the most.

Playing along will be a damn fine treat, but just seeing those characters come to life again is going to be totally worth the money, imo.

Now i've got to get on Xbox Live so I can get the demo...

Mo - Sub par? I'm not much of a gamer, but I've played some greats and that looks pretty good to me. Even if the graphics aren't the best around(which I never really expected them to be), it's not the way things look. It's the story and gameplay.

Danny
03-Dec-2008, 09:59 PM
whilst the graphics are crappy the character models are moving better than average, maybe thats why the car appears to be floating, theyve spent more time on the character models.

AcesandEights
03-Dec-2008, 10:36 PM
Hey, it looks good to me, but I'd like a better feel for actual gameplay graphics. The voice over dude in that trailer was a bit...off sounding to me, but that's a minor aesthetic preference.

Overall, bring it on!

bassman
04-Dec-2008, 04:11 PM
Some high quality screen grabs...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/6Shooter/Ghostbusters%20The%20Video%20Game/Picture29.png?t=1228410450

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/6Shooter/Ghostbusters%20The%20Video%20Game/Picture14.png?t=1228410515

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/6Shooter/Ghostbusters%20The%20Video%20Game/Picture10.png?t=1228410561

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/6Shooter/Ghostbusters%20The%20Video%20Game/Picture18.png?t=1228410602

Sub Par? riiiiight.:|

Danny
04-Dec-2008, 04:15 PM
hate to say it bassman but yeah, they arent that great, high res screen shots aint always the ones ya brag with yknow?

ever consider you could be slightly, ever so slightly, biased towards defending the game?:lol:

bassman
04-Dec-2008, 04:17 PM
hate to say it bassman but yeah, they arent that great, high res screen shots aint always the ones ya brag with yknow?

ever consider you could be slightly, ever so slightly, biased towards defending the game?:lol:

Of course I am. I know i'm defending it a bit, but what's not great about those? They look as good as any other game out there. Honestly....tell me what's wrong with them. Even if I weren't a GB fan I would say they look great...

mista_mo
04-Dec-2008, 04:38 PM
I could post some screen shots comparing that too Gears of War 2, but i don't think i will.

When I said sub par, I ment for the game as a whole, not just graphically. But since we're on that subject... The character models are nice, but everything else looks a little on the ugly side.

capncnut
04-Dec-2008, 04:44 PM
Those FMV screengrabs look like Xbox 1 graphics to me...

...but I'm still looking forward to it as the early gameplay videos looked awesome.

bassman
04-Dec-2008, 04:48 PM
Maybe it's because i'm not a hardcore gamer and don't play games all the time, but I think you guys are friggin insane.:lol:

Everyone seems to be creaming their pants over Left 4 Dead, but this looks just as good as that. If not better...

mista_mo
04-Dec-2008, 04:55 PM
Maybe it's because i'm not a hardcore gamer and don't play games all the time, but I think you guys are friggin insane.:lol:

Everyone seems to be creaming their pants over Left 4 Dead, but this looks just as good as that. If not better...

meh, different tastes i guess. I never liked ghost busters (**** storm approaching) and left 4 dead is reall fun, especially with some buddies to play with.

we'll wait and see for now though.

Danny
04-Dec-2008, 04:59 PM

its because left 4 dead using lighting and layer blending to create the illusion of depth and definition, these screen caps look like someone made a detialed model and slapped a paint by numbers 1 tone texture on em "light brown for in the light parts of the suit, dark brown for shadowy"

though graphics dont make a game, i still have high hopes from the fact they got em together agin alone.

bassman
09-Dec-2008, 07:45 PM
A glowing level review HERE (http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=7400)

This game is simply gorgeous. The level of detail here simply drips each drop of blood, sweat and tears put into it as particle beams clash, proton packs whirr into life and paint is scorched off nearby walls in the man-versus-ghost battles. There's nothing quite like it.

Yet this is already shaping up to be one of the surprises of next year. In fact, we'll say it now - this could be one of the games of next year, let alone surprises.

Visually, Ghostbusters does the job and then some. For integrity, it brings back old writers and the original crew for voice-acting - even Bill Murray has signed up. Yet it's the gameplay that could prove to be the true trump card of Ghostbusters, combining light and frothy fun with incredibly well-designed creatures that sticks to the lore of the series.

AcesandEights
09-Dec-2008, 08:58 PM
Game, set, match.

Nice to see there are some good preliminary previews! I think if they build a game with good gameplay and...most importantly a fun story that is fairly true t canon, most of us will be happy.

MinionZombie
09-Dec-2008, 09:56 PM
Gameplay is a priority, that's for sure, but I'm also glad to hear about the sweet-sounding visuals, that'll really help build the atmosphere.

Here's a question - I wonder if we'll be able to be naughty and "cross the streams"? :sneaky:

Danny
09-Dec-2008, 10:12 PM
Here's a question - I wonder if we'll be able to be naughty and "cross the streams"? :sneaky:

they would have to be "sex crazed and retard strong" to miss that achievement on the 360 sir;)

MinionZombie
09-Dec-2008, 10:35 PM
they would have to be "sex crazed and retard strong" to miss that achievement on the 360 sir;)
Ahh mate! That HAS to be an achievement, I didn't even think of that at first, nice one. :)

bassman
09-Dec-2008, 11:36 PM
I doubt crossing the streams will be any kind of achievement seeing as how it's shown in the trailer in a cut scene....

bassman
12-Dec-2008, 12:49 PM
Wii/PS2 Gameplay:

eEKT3cOykGE&hl=en&fs=1

Although I prefer the more realistic style of the PS3/360/PC versions, this looks like it could be really fun....

Neil
12-Dec-2008, 01:32 PM
I have a horrible feeling that for all this game's beauty, it's going to be repetitive and dull...

bassman
12-Dec-2008, 01:45 PM
I have a horrible feeling that for all this game's beauty, it's going to be repetitive and dull...

Yeah, definitely. I could see it getting dull if it were just the same catch ghost, next level, catch ghost, etc. But judging from the reviews/interviews that I've seen, the developers thought the same thing and have gone to great lengths to keep it from being repetitive.

Many different style weapons, ghosts with different weakness that you have to figure out, etc. I saw one reviewer that said it actually gave him a sort of Zelda vibe. So that could be a good thing, imo. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

bassman
16-Dec-2008, 05:07 PM
Actually, I just came across a new article that covers that potential problem, Neil...

At the time the transition actually happened, we were actually pretty close to being near final, so what we're doing is we're making a pass through all the levels, taking a good hard look at every single one, to make sure they all have the same attention to detail, the variety of gameplay... not just fighting ghost after ghost after ghost but there will be environmental interactions, puzzles and other interesting things to do that are within the remit of what Ghostbusters are expected to do... We're just pushing that through all the levels, really taking the time to do it right.

SOURCE (http://games.kikizo.com/features/ghostbusters-the-video-game-interview-p3.asp)

MinionZombie
16-Dec-2008, 06:01 PM
Good on them. :)

bassman
19-Dec-2008, 12:05 PM
UK XBOX Magazine votes Ghostbusters:The Video Game as the #1 must play game of 2009.

LINK (http://www.protoncharging.com/gb/wp-content/cache/supercache/protoncharging.com/gb/index.html)

This thing is getting some killer reviews and build up lately...

MikePizzoff
19-Dec-2008, 05:11 PM
I forget where I read it, but the head designer of the game was saying "Activision is going to be sorry!"

Let's hope he's right!

bassman
19-Dec-2008, 07:35 PM
I forget where I read it, but the head designer of the game was saying "Activision is going to be sorry!"

Let's hope he's right!

That's actually the head hancho of Atari. He said he wants to prove Activision wrong because they ditched it claiming that it wasn't a money maker and has no potential for sequels.:confused:

So yeah....Activision is stupid...

Danny
19-Dec-2008, 08:18 PM
just to tide y'all over i recommend dusting off your ps2 and grabbing a copy of ghosthunter.

id post a youtube link but i cant find one.

-i know, coming up empty on youtube, thats a first.

bassman
19-Dec-2008, 08:22 PM
This?
wDCf5nWMaGI&hl=en&fs=1

Danny
19-Dec-2008, 09:09 PM
thats the one, but that doesn't give it a good impression its actually a pretty cool action horror, kinda like max payne meets the suffering.

bassman
23-Jan-2009, 12:03 PM
A look at the DS version of the game (http://media.ds.ign.com/media/142/14219088/imgs_1.html). Do people still play the DS? I've seen commercials but never seen a single person that owns the thing...

Also some new in game footage(shakey cam) and a few new photos (http://protoncharging.com/gb/2009/01/21/new-pics-and-vid-of-ghostbusters-game/).

And THIS (http://arstechnica.com/articles/culture/ghostbusters-history.ars) is a pretty cool article about the history of the game thus far.

krakenslayer
23-Jan-2009, 12:07 PM
These films were a HUGE part of my childhood!

Very, very excited about this game. They seem to have captured the whole Ghostbusters feel very well, and it's fantastic that they've reteamed the actual original cast of the movies.

bassman
25-Jan-2009, 08:04 PM
A BLOG (http://blogs.ign.com/Atari_Ghostbusters/) from one of the main people behind the game. It's a funny read seeing how Sony approached them with the idea and what turned out to be their response.

Also, the first *Kinda* negative demo level REVIEW (http://www.edge-online.com/magazine/ghostbusters-the-video-game?page=0%2C0). It's not really "negative" because in the end he did enjoy the level, but he does have a few gripes.

5 months to go....

bassman
12-Feb-2009, 04:38 PM
New "Rule" Teaser Trailer. Dont look directly into the trap!

frENdqTb3Vc&hl=en&fs=1

Nothing really awesome, but I'm bored and trying to do my part to keep interest in the game.:)

And if you ever wanted figures of the Ghostbusters....your chance is coming.

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=241&itemid=14043

The likeness isn't too great right now, but this is just a prototype.

fartpants
12-Feb-2009, 05:13 PM
the demo looks great and i will definately buy this game when its released

Craig
15-Feb-2009, 12:34 PM
Not Ghostbusters game related really, but good nonetheless...

LZw87CSV-o4

bassman
15-Feb-2009, 01:41 PM
Yeh that's a good one. Apparently Ghostbusters themed commercials are big overseas...

hU6WT-efmfI&hl=en&fs=1

MinionZombie
15-Feb-2009, 03:51 PM
Both cool adverts - the 118 118 one is on telly in the UK, but I haven't seen that particular Citroen ad ... maybe it'll show in the UK soon, because we do have new Citroen ads doing the rounds at the moment for their new selection of motors.

MikePizzoff
15-Feb-2009, 04:00 PM
New "Rule" Teaser Trailer. Dont look directly into the trap!

frENdqTb3Vc&hl=en&fs=1

Nothing really awesome, but I'm bored and trying to do my part to keep interest in the game.:)

And if you ever wanted figures of the Ghostbusters....your chance is coming.

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=241&itemid=14043

The likeness isn't too great right now, but this is just a prototype.

Glad to hear Brian Doyle Murray's voice in that trailer. Also, those figures look fucking AWESOME to me.

bassman
26-Feb-2009, 03:42 PM
"GHOSTBUSTERS! WHADDA YA WANT?!?!?" - Janine Melnitz

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/6756/ghostbustersthevideogam.jpg

Slimer in a clear containment unit in the firehouse? A nod to the cartoon, anyone?:cool:

The evolution of the Ghostbuster's threads. (http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/article/955/955591/ghostbusters-the-video-game-20090219051435422.jpg)

MinionZombie
26-Feb-2009, 05:45 PM
Janine was fit-as in The Real Ghostbusters:

http://www.ectocontainment.com/staff/janinebio.jpg

Plus I found this "bubblegum incident" pic from TRGB s01e25 "Lost & Foundry" - oh man, how age changes the appearance of things, eh?

bassman
26-Feb-2009, 05:50 PM

That's hilarious, MZ. But yeah....I always had a sort of "cartoon crush" on Janine in RGB.

The Wii version (http://www.gbfans.com/community/download/file.php?id=590&mode=view)of Janine looks alot like the cartoon, actually

And this is a Wii version of the guys (http://www.gbfans.com/community/download/file.php?id=594&mode=view)for those interested

MinionZombie
27-Feb-2009, 09:53 AM
Any chance of attaching those images via HPOTD? I'm not registered on that GB forum, so canny see 'em...

Or finding a Google Image link fer me? I canny find them.

krakenslayer
27-Feb-2009, 10:39 AM
Any chance of attaching those images via HPOTD? I'm not registered on that GB forum, so canny see 'em...

Or finding a Google Image link fer me? I canny find them.

Janine:
http://protoncharging.com/gb/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/ghostbusters-the-video-game-20090217012949877_640w.jpg

And the Ghostbusters:
http://protoncharging.com/gb/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/ghostbusters-the-video-game-20090217012947643_640w.jpg

The Wii version looks a lot more cartoonish than the PC/next gen console version:

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/947/947281/ghostbusters-the-video-game-20090122095739824_640w.jpg

Sort of reminds me of the difference between the "serious" TRGB action figures and the silly "fright features" caricature figures.

MinionZombie
27-Feb-2009, 12:01 PM
Sort of reminds me of the difference between the "serious" TRGB action figures and the silly "fright features" caricature figures.

Very true ... ... and a trip down memory lane for me. :cool:

bassman
27-Feb-2009, 12:27 PM
Sorry about the pictures. Didn't realize they had a restriction on them.:o

bassman
10-Mar-2009, 12:48 PM
Multiplayer was announced today. All could change before the release of course, but this is most likely what we'll be getting. Quite awesome, if you ask me.:hyper:

Unique Multiplayer Features:
Play as one of the Ghostbusters: Choose to play as any one of the four original Ghostbusters or the rookie;
Unique Achievements: Players are given scores and ranks for each match that are also applied to their online profile. Difficulty scaling is available according to rank;
6 Unique Power-ups: To help players on even the trickiest of jobs, unique power-ups such as the Ghost Shrinker or Ethereal Shield are available;
Limited Ammunition: To ensure teamwork, players must pick up ammunition for each type of equipment with ammunition levels being shown on the proton pack;
Unique AI Features: To add another dimension to the hunting, wrangling and trapping experience of being a Ghostbuster, ghosts have unique AI features such as more aggressive behaviour, the power to sabotage traps and the ability to fuse with other ghosts;
Full VOIP support: Voice support for both Xbox 360 and PS3 allows for easy communication between players

Two Multiplayer Co-op Game Modes:
Instant Action: Players can test their mettle in a variety of Job Types across a selection of 12 different maps to see if they’ve got what it takes to be a true Ghostbuster;
Campaign Mode: players work through one of four different environments busting ghosts to earn cash and upgrade their equipment.

12 maps across 4 themed environments:
Library
Streets
Cemetery
Museum

Six Unique Job Types:
Survival: Survive a paranormal onslaught
Containment: Capture all the ghosts
Destruction: Eliminate mysterious artefacts to prevent spawning ghosts
Protection: Protect Egon’s devices
Thief: Save the artefacts from being stolen by ghosts
Slime Dunk: Dunk the most Slimers

Online Multiplayer Features:
Leaderboards and player statistics: have you got what it takes to be the world’s greatest Ghostbuster?
Ranking: Skill and rank based matchmaking is available.
Most Wanted Ghosts: these ghosts appear are special ghosts that appear mid game based on the experience of the current players - it’s your job to trap them all.

Mr.G
10-Mar-2009, 01:57 PM
I don't want to read through 12 pages of responses....when is the release date?

bassman
10-Mar-2009, 03:27 PM
I don't want to read through 12 pages of responses....when is the release date?

CLICK HERE! (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ghostbusters+game+release+date)

:|

AcesandEights
10-Mar-2009, 04:03 PM

Coffee ejection happened after I clicked on that link. True story :eek:

Danny
10-Mar-2009, 06:01 PM

missed a prime chance to rick roll then.

Danny
13-Mar-2009, 08:47 AM
http://kotaku.com/5169211/whos-rock-band-gonna-call-ghostbusters

ray parker jr.'s trying to get the theme into rock band, hope it happens, i hear the dude who did the touch for transformers trying to do the same thing.

80's movie pack?, bring it on.

bassman
17-Mar-2009, 01:15 PM
New footage/info of Multiplayer, some set up screens, etc. I absolutely LOVE the set up screen with the aerial shot of the firehouse/GBHQ. Awesome.:hyper:

z3MdTUtT26I&hl=en&fs=1

Voice recognition? That would have been cool, weird, and horrible all at the same time.:rockbrow: Glad they dropped it.

Craig
17-Mar-2009, 04:34 PM
I've never been into Ghostbusters much at all, but the memories of the films are there and this looks like an absolutely quality game, possibly the best movie tie-in game ever.

Still, it will only be the second best game to feature Bill Murray: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/473605

krakenslayer
17-Mar-2009, 04:54 PM
Still, it will only be the second best game to feature Bill Murray: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/473605

Oh my God...

That was the best anything ever!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

bassman
17-Mar-2009, 05:17 PM
One thing(and probably the only so far) that I'm not liking about this game is one of the level bosses that was recently revealed on Game Trailers....

6n5iOdKI8FE&hl=en&fs=1

She just doesn't seem to fit into the GB universe, imo. But I don't know the story behind her character, so it might all work out. I guess I can't complain that it's not "canon" if she was created by Aykroyd and Ramis.

The large, evil spider in video games just seems a bit cliched....

Danny
17-Mar-2009, 05:42 PM
i got to level 19 and 62,000 before i got bored.:lol:

bassman
18-Mar-2009, 12:16 PM
Loads of new footage today. First up is a new "trailer" with cut scenes and gameplay footage. Those cut scenes look FANTASTIC!

qZdpRR9aUes&rel

Second we have a complete demo with the Sedgewick Hotel, Slimer, and good ol' Dr. Venkman tagging along for some one-liners. You'll notice that the cut scenes don't look as polished as the video above. I believe this is an older demo that's just now making it's way online.

uzyoj1ofg2s&rel

This. is. great.

MinionZombie
18-Mar-2009, 12:40 PM
Blimey - spiffing footage there.

Looks like it can potentially be a chore to get a ghostie into a trap though from that second vid - possibly the one playing it was just not very good though, lol.

Looking great though, I just hope it lives up to the hype and has plenty of variety throughout - and hopefully it's properly balanced too. i.e. "Casual" actually IS casual, "normal" actually IS normal, and "hard" actually IS hard.

bassman
18-Mar-2009, 01:43 PM
Those cut scenes just look incredible, imho. You can tell that they've really been putting in extra time to work on the game. You guys who weren't too impressed with the first trailer, what do you think of the newer, more polished look?

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q207/BRUCEvenkman/Picture10.jpg

For comparison to the original trailer:
Stay Puft looks much better
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j288/adolf_hilfiger/gbcomp3.jpg

Is it just me or does Ray look less like Dan Aykroyd now?
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j288/adolf_hilfiger/gbcomp2.jpg

krakenslayer
18-Mar-2009, 02:11 PM
Is it just me or does Ray look less like Dan Aykroyd now?
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j288/adolf_hilfiger/gbcomp2.jpg

Yeah. But Aykroyd has one of the most subtly weird-shaped faces in the movies, it must be pretty difficult trying to model it for a game.

MinionZombie
18-Mar-2009, 06:28 PM
Hell yeah, the scenes look much better than they did a while back. It's undeniable.

DjfunkmasterG
20-Mar-2009, 07:12 PM
Just watched an Interview on Yahoo Games with Alyssa Milano who plays Venkmans love interest in the game. Sadly, no Sigourney Weaver.

bassman
21-Mar-2009, 10:06 PM
Just watched an Interview on Yahoo Games with Alyssa Milano who plays Venkmans love interest in the game. Sadly, no Sigourney Weaver.

Yeah, Weaver bowed out at the start but when she heard all the original players were contributing, she wanted back in. To bad for her that the script had already been written around her.

It would have been cool to have Weaver, but after two stories it would have been strange to have her as the center of the story all over again.

bassman
03-Apr-2009, 11:57 AM
New blog from Atari and loads of new Wii/PS2 screens HERE (http://blogs.ign.com/Atari_Ghostbusters/). This Wii version is sounding like loads of fun. It's got me seriously considering picking up a Wii.

Also new on the GB game front is that if you preorder the 360 or PS3 versions from Gamestop, you receive this free in-game Ghostbusters 2 uniform.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/images/bonus/GB2_Flightsuit_bonusLG.jpg

I never was a big fan of the charcoal suits from the "we're back" montage in GB2, but it's a nice little touch for hardcore fans, I suppose. Also, certain Gamestop stores are having a midnight launch for the game. This took me by surprise as I thought they only did that for HUGE games like Halo, RE, etc. Ghostbusters is moving up in the world.:hyper:

MinionZombie
03-Apr-2009, 12:15 PM
I pre-ordered myself a copy of GB the game recently, I was overcome by nostalgia and realised I wanted in on the ground floor, and didn't want to wait until sometime afterwards.

Roll on GB The Game! Nostalgia overload, here I come! :cool:

bassman
03-Apr-2009, 12:19 PM
Hey hey! If my non-stop postings about the GB game have helped in some small way to convince at least one person here to get the game, then I've done my part as a GB fan.

I've been expecting someone to tell me to stop posting about it so much.:lol:

EDIT: For all you Blu Ray owner/lovers out there....The original film is also being released on the same day as the game. No official word on the second film, but we're hearing from reliable sources that it will be delayed because they're working on a special edition. Finally a GB2 with features.

Here's an ad for the BR:

N_-90ZZYrxM&rel

MinionZombie
03-Apr-2009, 04:46 PM
Well I was gonna get the game anyway, but I think your fanboy explosions have convinced me to definitely get the game brand new - hence the pre-order. :)

Damn, I bought the bare bones GB2 DVD a few years back when I got the GB1 DVD (it was the first time in years since I'd seen GB, and there I was, suddenly getting to see it totally uncut - i.e. no pre-watershed swearing edits - and I finally got all the adults-only-understand jokes that were littered throughout it :D).

That was back 3 or 4 years ago though, but GB has always been a major part of my time growing up ever since I was a wee one, the movies, the cartoon, the toys - and now a videogame, ho-yeah!

bassman
06-Apr-2009, 01:34 PM
RULE #3 : Split up...

3jzXErbu9fE&hl=en&fs=1

"It's okay....the table broke the fall..."

Neil
06-Apr-2009, 06:30 PM
RULE #3 : Split up...

3jzXErbu9fE&hl=en&fs=1

"It's okay....the table broke the fall..."

Still got this horrible feeling it's going to be dull...

bassman
06-Apr-2009, 07:03 PM
Still got this horrible feeling it's going to be dull...

Damn you Neil! How could say such horrible things?:p

We'll find out soon enough, though. I've pretty much gotten over that now. There are lots of reviews and interviews where they say it's much more than just the same thing over and over....so I'm taking their word for it.

MikePizzoff
06-Apr-2009, 10:24 PM
That was back 3 or 4 years ago though, but GB has always been a major part of my time growing up ever since I was a wee one, the movies, the cartoon, the toys - and now a videogame, ho-yeah!

You didn't check out the GB video games back in the day? There was at least one for the arcade and a few for Genesis and a couple for NES.

MinionZombie
07-Apr-2009, 09:40 AM
You didn't check out the GB video games back in the day? There was at least one for the arcade and a few for Genesis and a couple for NES.
Nah - I had a Mega Drive, but during my time with it I only amassed about 14 games or something. Plus, not having the internet, nor frequently buying videogame magazines, and not being a financially flush family, you miss out on various games.

These days though the internet really helps disseminate the knowledge, plus I have my own money to spend on games nowadays ... not that I'm financially flush either, mind you.

bassman
07-Apr-2009, 01:10 PM
Consider yourself lucky, MZ. You may have seen it before, but here's a ANgry Video Game Nerd episode that pretty much sums up all the previous Ghostbusters games. Quite funny too...

TLVGmvmNitg&hl=en&fs=1

"Conglaturation!":annoyed:

That game caused me so much pain...

bassman
10-Apr-2009, 04:42 PM
Awesome new article and video at IGN (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/971/971810p1.html). Gameplay, cut scenes, and the first interview with creator Dan Aykroyd.

This thing just looks better and better. Great.:hyper:

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/971/971462/ghostbusters-the-video-game-20090409053259437_640w.jpg

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/971/971462/ghostbusters-the-video-game-20090409053307468_640w.jpg

AcesandEights
10-Apr-2009, 05:26 PM
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/971/971462/ghostbusters-the-video-game-20090409053307468_640w.jpg

I love the detail in that pic! :) Starting to get excited.

ProfessorChaos
10-Apr-2009, 05:30 PM
bassman, can you imagine how you would've felt if a time-traveling version of yourself could go back and walk in on kid bassman playing NES ghostbusters and show him the xbox360 ghostbusters game?

the younger you would probably piss himself and go into a catatonic shock, then go completely insane and have to be institutionalized like sarah connor from T2...doing pull-ups and talking nonsense about having to get back to society in time for the ghostbusters game release.:lol: your psychiatrist would keep trying to tell you "there already was a ghostbusters game, and it was horrible, your fanboy mind couldn't handle the stress, and that's why you're here."

but damn, it's flat-out amazing how far technology's come in the last 20 years...:stunned:

and hell yeah, this game looks pretty fucking sweet. gonna at least check this one out, fo sho.:p

bassman
17-Apr-2009, 11:53 AM
New demonstration of the physics engine (http://www.hardocp.com/news.html?news=Mzg5NzksLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdCwsLDE)

That thing is impressive. And I would say that even if it weren't Ghostbusters.:p

capncnut
17-Apr-2009, 01:32 PM
Cool demo but boy was it a headachy sonofabitch.

bassman
18-Apr-2009, 07:31 PM
Trailer for Wii/PS2 version (http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14218855/ghostbusters/videos/ghostbuster_trl_wii_041709.html)
Although I prefer the next-gen version, this wii version is seriously making me want to get a Wii....

Amazon is offering a special "Slimer" edition of the game that features an exclusive Slimer statue, Ecto-1 Keychain, Console Skins, and four minimate ghost figures. Pictures and info (http://www.gbfans.com/)

Deals are popping up all over the place now that the game is just two months away. If you have HD/Blu Ray and intend on getting the game, be sure to look out for a package deal with the game and the first film. The are several features exclusively for the PS3(Sony owns GB) as well.

Oh....and if you live under a rock and have never seen Ghostbusters, Sony has just signed a deal with Youtube to show Ghostbusters. Hulu and Crackle have it too.

"I can feel it. We're very, very close":|

MikePizzoff
19-Apr-2009, 05:37 PM
New demonstration of the physics engine (http://www.hardocp.com/news.html?news=Mzg5NzksLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdCwsLDE)

That thing is impressive. And I would say that even if it weren't Ghostbusters.:p

Hm... I saw that demo months ago. I guess now they're just showing the same thing they did on the 360 months ago, to show how it's going to look on the PS3?

MinionZombie
20-Apr-2009, 09:36 AM
Hm... I saw that demo months ago. I guess now they're just showing the same thing they did on the 360 months ago, to show how it's going to look on the PS3?
I meant to say earlier but yeah, I saw that same physics demo months ago.

Still mightly impressive though - hopefully there won't be any frame rate drops, that'd just ruin the vibe man. :shifty:

bassman
20-Apr-2009, 11:48 AM
That's actually a new demo video. Same demo level as the original, but this is a newer version with updated items.

MinionZombie
20-Apr-2009, 12:38 PM
That's actually a new demo video. Same demo level as the original, but this is a newer version with updated items.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

I was wondering if the cars looked better than I remembered them looking from videos a while ago.

bassman
24-Apr-2009, 11:55 AM
The game's opening cinematic (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/48373.html). I wouldn't worry about spoilers...

I friggin love how it starts like the original film. The cheesy commercial thing is great too.:hyper:

MinionZombie
24-Apr-2009, 06:36 PM
The game's opening cinematic (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/48373.html). I wouldn't worry about spoilers...

SqcQbpsgdMI&color1

I friggin love how it starts like the original film. The cheesy commercial thing is great too.:hyper:
Damn - it's already been removed. :(

bassman
24-Apr-2009, 07:38 PM
Damn - it's already been removed. :(

Click on the link. It's on Gametrailers' site.:rockbrow:

MikePizzoff
24-Apr-2009, 09:22 PM
The opening's alright. It was cool once the theme kicked in, but before that I felt it was a little TOO cheesy.

"There's SOMETHING heading your way." in a calm manner as if that sort of thing happens every day. :rockbrow:

However, this does make me even MORE excited for this game.

MinionZombie
25-Apr-2009, 10:48 AM
Oh man oh man oh man! :D

I'm SO hard for this game right now ... well not literally, but you know, in terms of fanboy joy ... ho-yeah! :cool:

Actually I'd have liked it if the entire song had played with a whole sequence of them getting unpacked and chilling out and so on in the firehouse.

I'm proper up for this game now - my pre-order is already in place - I just hope it lives up to the growing hype, and importantly has great gameplay and is properly balanced - a poorly balanced game can really take the shine off, or just take a huge dump all over it.

Battlefield Bad Company's "casual" mode certainly isn't, plus the enemies are far too precise in casual mode ... or Saints Row where even on casual mode, the difficulties for side tasks varies HUGELY from piss-easy to literally impossible ... or Rainbow Six Vegas where, again, casual mode is anything but.

Anyway - roll on GB The Game, I'm SO UP FOR THIS!!!

I'd always been interested in it, and have been following this thread since it was started, and been following all the links posted by bassman etc, but it wasn't until recently that I got "the tingly feeling" - and that intro video just juiced me further. :cool:

bassman
25-Apr-2009, 01:23 PM
I'm fairly certain that's not the whole intro. I imagine it continues with the guys getting out of the Ecto 1B with smoking traps and Janine is sitting there with the rookie. Much like the scene with Winston's interview in the first film.

Mike....I agree about the cheesy dialogue. But....it's a game, so I can over look it.

What about that commercial though? A great call back to the cheesy commercials in the two films. Ray is reading a que card above the camera, Egon has the flashlight(I lol'd on that one) and Peter is trying to be serious and a salesman. Great stuff, imo. Winston was strangely absent, but he usually gets the shaft on those sorts of things. Maybe he was operating the camera.:lol:

One minor thing that bothered me is the opening credits. GB1 and GB2 didn't have any opening credits. It was was just "bam!", you're in it. BUT....I understand that the developers want everyone to know that all the original players are involved.

Just a little taste, but I think it shows that they've tried extremely hard to stay close to what the films were about. There's a german interview that I didn't post here where the lead designer on the game is ask about it staying true to the franchise and his response was something like "Well....I can tell you that we didn't COMPLETELY fuck it up. We all feel that we nailed it, but that's up for the gamers to decide. But it's not TOTALLY fucked."

bassman
29-Apr-2009, 12:02 PM
Walmart exclusive trailer. (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/ghostbusters08/video/6208744/ghostbusters-the-video-game-official-movie-2?hd=0)

the cinematics are an older build, but I just wanted to post it because I thought it was funny.

"Who wouldn't want that super power?"
"Did Winston just say Take it to the bridge?"

This game looks like it will spawn memorable lines like the films.

bassman
30-Apr-2009, 04:02 PM
"Officially Stuck"

Okb5bE1ZmWw&hl=en&fs=1

bassman
06-May-2009, 12:07 PM
Sony.....can go to hell (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/sony-picks-up-ghostbusters-from-atari_3). In a move that really shouldn't surprise me, Sony has delayed the release of GB:TVG for every system except their own Playstation 2 & 3.

As of right now this is only for countries outside of the U.S., but everyone is expecting them to do the same thing here. So Playstation owners will still get the game on the expected release date, but 360/DS/PC gamers must wait "several months" before the game is released on their platforms.

What a load of fucking shit. Sony has once again screwed the fans just because they can.

So MZ....you may want to contact the company your preordered with.

God I fucking hate Sony pictures. Money grubbing bastards.:rant:

MikePizzoff
06-May-2009, 12:54 PM
Assholes! They better not do that here; I just pre-ordered the game like 3 days ago (I'm getting a free GB t-shirt for doing so)!

MinionZombie
06-May-2009, 04:14 PM
Assholes! They better not do that here; I just pre-ordered the game like 3 days ago (I'm getting a free GB t-shirt for doing so)!
Where's an online petition to bitch about this? I'll sign it.

WHAT AN EPIC ASSHOLE MOVE FROM SONY - THEY CAN GO FUCK THEMSELVES WITH THEIR SHITTY THIRD PLACE CONSOLE. :mad::mad::mad:

I was proper looking forward to GB:TVG next month, and now Sony have just gone and put themselves in a piss poor light with this move. Wankers.

bassman
06-May-2009, 04:22 PM
Are games region coded like DVDs? IF(and that's a big if) this fucked up decision doesn't make it's way over to the US, maybe you can purchase a copy from a US retailer...

EDIT: Turns out that this WILL NOT (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/multiplatform-ghostbusters-release-for-us-in-june) happen in the US. Unfortunately for MZ and others, 360, Wii, DS, and PC versions are still going to be delayed for PAL coded regions. Man....I'm breathing a sigh of relief for myself, but it still sucks for anyone outside of the US.

Sorry MZ. Maybe you can still somehow order from over here?:(

darth los
06-May-2009, 05:37 PM
Are we really suprised though? Sony's getting absolutely murdered and have virtually no exclusive titles for their system so why would anyone want to own it? The only thing I use my Ps3 for is a blu ray player. They need a moneymaker, so...

Truthfully this ghostbusters property has been on the shelf collecting dust for far too long because there are too many egos wanting their "cut".

The whole thing reminds me of greedy boxing promotors depriving the fans of the superfight that everyone wants to see and that would actually bring people back just because the money isn't right. Then the finally get the two to fight waaaaaaaaay past their primes.

Now that everyone has apparently been properly compensated they want people to drool over it. One problem though.

Newsflash guys! : Ghostbusters hasn't been mainstream for a good 15+ years. Us older people and younger film buffs remember it fondly because, well frankly, it's not just classic comedy but classic filmaking as well. But today's audience doesn't know what the hell a freakin' ghostbuster is. I doubt the anticipation level for this project is too high. Sony just might have shot themselves in the foot with their decision to pull this property from the mainstream for so long. So long in fact that alot of people have either stopped caring or given up on the greedy bastards doing anything with it.

Two cents ova.

:cool:

bassman
06-May-2009, 06:47 PM
Newsflash guys! : Ghostbusters hasn't been mainstream for a good 15+ years. Us older people and younger film buffs remember it fondly because, well frankly, it's not just classic comedy but classic filmaking as well. But today's audience doesn't know what the hell a freakin' ghostbuster is. I doubt the anticipation level for this project is too high. Sony just might have shot themselves in the foot with their decision to pull this property from the mainstream for so long. So long in fact that alot of people have either stopped caring or given up on the greedy bastards doing anything with it.

I agree with you that for the most part Ghostbusters is past it's prime, but you've got to consider two things. 1 - Old franchises are making comebacks and this is one of the biggest of the eighties, so there's always potential there. 2 - If people don't know Ghostbusters, they know OF Ghostbusters.

There have been studies done that show that the GB "no ghost" logo is the second most recognizable logo in the world. Second only to Coca-Cola. Even small kids that have never seen the films will see the logo and know what it is. So it definitely has a chance of bringing in the dough.

But still. Fuck sony.:mad:

Danny
07-May-2009, 01:39 AM
a dilemma arises, im one of the 14 people in the uk that actually owns a playstation 3 still, but i do want to play the co-op with friends on my 360 (if the coop wasnt a rumour ive been out the loop for a while), do i hold off?, just for the achievements im tempted, ive already predicted therell be a cross the streams one, i gota know if im right folks, i gotta know!

MinionZombie
07-May-2009, 09:40 AM
a dilemma arises, im one of the 14 people in the uk that actually owns a playstation 3 still, but i do want to play the co-op with friends on my 360 (if the coop wasnt a rumour ive been out the loop for a while), do i hold off?, just for the achievements im tempted, ive already predicted therell be a cross the streams one, i gota know if im right folks, i gotta know!

So Sony fucked everybody over for 13 other people, gee, thanks Sony.

Seriously though, it's a hugely unclassy move by Sony to do this - it's like DVDs coming out which no longer feature DVD standard extra features because they've ONLY been put onto the Blu-Ghey to try and force people to go Blu-Ghey, which again is massively not the right way to go about it - rule number one - DO NOT PISS OFF THE CUSTOMERS.

Sony have royally pissed me off - and pissed me off even more that this is only PAL who is getting fucked over.

If this had been the decision from the get-go, well then that's how it is - but it wasn't, it's six motherfucking weeks from release and NOW Sony decides to stop massaging our cock and leave us hanging with a throbbing end, and on top of that, they're gonna go off and nosh some other dude's nob right to the happy finish.

Absolutely NO class whatsoever.

I hope the GB fanbase gets up in arms over this, I really do.

As for games being region coded, I think they are - so PAL people are royally fucked over.

A distinctly bad move from Sony. Who the buggery-poo is advising them, Gordon Brown?! :eek:

Plus, from a sales perspective in PAL territories, it's retarded - if they want Xmas sales, they're going to have to compete with BioShock 2 and COD:MW2 to name but two massive franchise releases around the same time - and that's just two of the titles.

How about Sony sods right off and releases it next month for us PAL folk. I had that shit pre-ordered weeks ago, now I've gotta go and find something else to buy - yeah - real smart move, Sony...no wonder they came up with the PS3.

Right now though, I'm re-playing this decidedly super-awesome game from Microsoft by the name of Gears of War 2. Shove that up your ass Sony.

bassman
07-May-2009, 11:47 AM
Yeah, I would understand a bit more if they had announced this from the start, but to drop the ball on it this late in the game? A little over ONE MONTH before the release??? That's ridiculous.

BUT....I guess Atari had no choice. They've been hurting recently and giving Sony back the rights to the PAL distribution helped them out tremendously, I'm sure.

And yes, the GB boards are flooded with pissed off people. Petitions already started and all that mess. Some people "in the know" seem to think that maybe, just MAYBE, the games weren't region coded for some reason. They say that maybe it's too late in the process and Sony can't code for regions now. This is just a rumour of course, but maybe it's a sign of hope that you can order from a US retailer.

Hellsing - I know what happens when you cross the streams.:sneaky::elol:

MinionZombie
07-May-2009, 12:07 PM
Hellsing - I know what happens when you cross the streams.

Yeah, you get two dudes playing "piss swords" and feeling "a little bit gay" after their childish laughter subsides. :lol:

Regardless of whether I could get it imported or not, I'd have to pay motherfucking import duties - the last time I got shafted with that, it was £10 for Customs & Excise to buttfuck me, then another £3 for Royal Mail to turkey-slap me. £13 on top of the actual price of the item and the shipping costs.

So regardless of Region Coding, as a game costs waaaaaaaay more than the stingy-as-all-buggery £18 limit the gubment insists upon keeping, I'm gonna be left waiting around like a royally pissed off consumer - epic fail on Sony's part. Epic fail.

Do you have any links to petitions? I'd gladly sign, if only to exert my consumer anger.

bassman
07-May-2009, 12:11 PM
LOL - This gives you an idea of how GB fans around the net are feeling....

sy9zNbWsHbg&color1

I won't give it away for spoiler's sake, but I'll tell you guys that crossing the streams is shown in a few of the game play videos out there. But let's just say that you shouldn't cross the streams all that often.:elol:

MinionZombie
07-May-2009, 06:08 PM
LOL - This gives you an idea of how GB fans around the net are feeling....

sy9zNbWsHbg&color1

I won't give it away for spoiler's sake, but I'll tell you guys that crossing the streams is shown in a few of the game play videos out there. But let's just say that you shouldn't cross the streams all that often.:elol:
lol, I've never felt like Hitler and I would have something in common - but there we are.

Mind you, whoever did that video should have:

1) Made the subs last longer, some are ridiculously short.
2) Put shading bars behind the text so you could read it properly.

Also, bassman, your "only 6 more weeks!" sig image just makes me sad now ... fucking Sony bastard. :mad:

If this deal had been in place from the start, I'd be a bit annoyed at having to wait, but it would have been 'part of the deal from the get-go', you know? But oh no, Sony have to make everybody in the PAL regions get ready to ectoplasm all over their jeans, and then spring this shitty move on us ... a really dumb move, you just don't change the rules of the game just before you finish playing ... shitbags. :mad:

darth los
07-May-2009, 06:33 PM

So Sony fucked everybody over for 13 other people, gee, thanks Sony.

Seriously though, it's a hugely unclassy move by Sony to do this - it's like DVDs coming out which no longer feature DVD standard extra features because they've ONLY been put onto the Blu-Ghey to try and force people to go Blu-Ghey, which again is massively not the right way to go about it - rule number one - DO NOT PISS OFF THE CUSTOMERS.

Sony have royally pissed me off - and pissed me off even more that this is only PAL who is getting fucked over.

If this had been the decision from the get-go, well then that's how it is - but it wasn't, it's six motherfucking weeks from release and NOW Sony decides to stop massaging our cock and leave us hanging with a throbbing end, and on top of that, they're gonna go off and nosh some other dude's nob right to the happy finish.

Absolutely NO class whatsoever.

I hope the GB fanbase gets up in arms over this, I really do.

As for games being region coded, I think they are - so PAL people are royally fucked over.

A distinctly bad move from Sony. Who the buggery-poo is advising them, Gordon Brown?! :eek:

Plus, from a sales perspective in PAL territories, it's retarded - if they want Xmas sales, they're going to have to compete with BioShock 2 and COD:MW2 to name but two massive franchise releases around the same time - and that's just two of the titles.

How about Sony sods right off and releases it next month for us PAL folk. I had that shit pre-ordered weeks ago, now I've gotta go and find something else to buy - yeah - real smart move, Sony...no wonder they came up with the PS3.

Right now though, I'm re-playing this decidedly super-awesome game from Microsoft by the name of Gears of War 2. Shove that up your ass Sony.

Part of the reason i joined up here is to tune in to the seemingly endless reservior of cock analogies that MZ has in his cache. :lol:

But ya.... I have a gamefly subscription and i have about a 80/20 split in my game q. 80 for sex box and 20 for the pussy 3. (that might be a good marketing tool. Because honestly peeps, what CAN'T pussy sell?) lol

Anyways... :o

They sent me resistance 2 and I didn't even bother opening it i sent it back and codwaw and slent hill: homecoming are on the way !! :lol:

So ya.... U suck Sony !! :p

AcesandEights
07-May-2009, 06:36 PM
Ok, I will have the new Xbox 360 around that time :) I'm getting psyched!

bassman
07-May-2009, 08:06 PM
Ok, I will have the new Xbox 360 around that time :) I'm getting psyched!

*switches to salesman mode*

Well you know any new Xbox 360 system isn't fully complete and functional without one of these incredibly well designed skins and wall graffix (http://gamergraffix.com/advanced_search_result.php?inc_subcat=1&keywords=%20&manufacturers_id=47&azrefine=1). A MUST for every 360 owner!:cool:

MinionZombie
08-May-2009, 09:57 AM
Part of the reason i joined up here is to tune in to the seemingly endless reservior of cock analogies that MZ has in his cache. :lol:

I'll be honest, it's a talent I have...:D

There's always a good penis related analogy for any circumstance.

Also - fuck the Sony douchebags who came up with this idea.

But Sony Vegas is still cool in my books, that part of Sony can chillax in my presence, but the cavernous-anal-passages who came up with this "let's fuck over the PAL people" idea aren't welcome in my imaginary restaurant! :sneaky:

capncnut
09-May-2009, 12:19 AM
October 3rd in Europe. I will probably get this around Xmas because I don't shell out full price for games anymore. I always wait a few months after release and pick them up at half price.

It's not surprising Sony pull this crap, they gotta sell their shitty console somehow. On top of that, they have to get revenge for Halo 3, Fable 2, Gears Of War, Lost Planet 2, Alan Wake, Star Wars: The Old Republic, and the likes. Anyhow, f**k those pussies.

Oh, and funny vid Bassman. :D

MinionZombie
09-May-2009, 12:46 PM
October 3rd in Europe.

:rolleyes:

I was figuring it might be around the September/October time.

The Sony guys that came up with this idea can still pop a squat on the nearest PS3 though...bell ends. :mad:

CoinReturn
13-May-2009, 04:07 PM
"Multiplayer Mayhem" gameplay video:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/49139.html

bassman
13-May-2009, 04:19 PM
Awesome!

Here's a new video/interview I found from "Qore"....whatever that is.

New cutscenes/footage around the 3 minute mark and on...

WLwwLl1aIN0&rel=0&color1

darth los
13-May-2009, 04:25 PM
This thing looks freakin' Sweet !!

I really hope that they don't mess this thing up man. RE 5 Looked sweet as hell too, and while a solid game in it's own right, it fell short of 4 years of expectations. I guess the real test is when the demo comes out. (anyone have any idea on when that might be? :confused:)

But ya, this seems to have endless potential. I wonder if there will be any expansion packs in the future where they send you on other mission and storylines. (One can only hope!! :hyper:)

bassman
13-May-2009, 04:31 PM
I guess the real test is when the demo comes out. (anyone have any idea on when that might be? :confused:)

We've had hints that it'll be two weeks before release. So that's just about 2 weeks from now...

It's almost here!:hyper:

MinionZombie
13-May-2009, 04:54 PM
We've had hints that it'll be two weeks before release. So that's just about 2 weeks from now...

*must ... resist ... urge to ... smack* :p

Oddly, I got an email - two emails in fact - regarding my GB pre-order. The first one said "it's now Oct 2009", then the second one - a day later - said "it's 19 June 2009" ... you what? Random.

But then the site also has an article which completely jumbles the news story relating to Sony fucking over the PAL fans who don't have a PS.

darth los
13-May-2009, 05:10 PM

Dude, I know that you're the Ghostbuster enthusiast around here and that the rest of us are just along for the ride but I can't deny that the anticipation is killing me too!! :hyper:

The only thing we require of you is that you're going to have to promise to post some pics of you playing in your Ghostbusters getup.... for posterity of course. :D

Trin
17-May-2009, 01:02 AM
Don't know if anyone has caught wind of this yet on other threads:

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/videogames/175/

MinionZombie
17-May-2009, 11:05 AM
Don't know if anyone has caught wind of this yet on other threads:

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/videogames/175/
Er - that's from July 2008. :rockbrow:

What I'm more interested in, is why a bunch of websites where you can pre-order the game (for PAL), haven't yet changed the release date of the game - and the one I'm pre-ordered with went so far as to change the date to October, then change it back to June 19th. :confused:

capncnut
17-May-2009, 11:58 AM
What I'm more interested in, is why a bunch of websites where you can pre-order the game (for PAL), haven't yet changed the release date of the game - and the one I'm pre-ordered with went so far as to change the date to October, then change it back to June 19th. :confused:
Because PS3 versions are still out on June 19th. Also the October date has changed again to TBA. If I have to wait longer than October then Atari can shove their f**king stupid game up their arse! :mad:

MinionZombie
17-May-2009, 12:14 PM
Because PS3 versions are still out on June 19th. Also the October date has changed again to TBA. If I have to wait longer than October then Atari can shove their f**king stupid game up their arse! :mad:
Yeah, PS3 - but I'm pre-ordered for 360, and it still changed to October, and then back to June, and a bunch of other sites haven't changed their dates either - lazy or what?

And yet again, it'll be a shedload of games all at once - GB, BioShock 2, COD:MW2 ... I'll keep my pre-order for GB, play it, then get MW2 brand new (and I'll no doubt blast through it swiftly anyway as I usually do with COD games), and then I'll put BS2 on my list to Santa. :cool:

bassman
17-May-2009, 09:40 PM
Janine Melnitz(Annie Potts) "Trailer"

lS9TWdm48OU&color1

Most people probably wouldn't agree, but I consider her to be a vital part of the franchise. Definitely glad she's back. "Ghostbusters, Whaddaya want?!?":cool:

Also, a total list of achievements can be found HERE (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/983/983585p1.html). A few could be considered spoilers, fyi.

MinionZombie
18-May-2009, 09:31 AM
Janine Melnitz(Annie Potts) "Trailer"

lS9TWdm48OU&color1

Most people probably wouldn't agree, but I consider her to be a vital part of the franchise. Definitely glad she's back. "Ghostbusters, Whaddaya want?!?":cool:

Also, a total list of achievements can be found HERE (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/983/983585p1.html). A few could be considered spoilers, fyi.
hehe, nifty.

And yet here I am, in the PAL zone, getting effed-in-the-ay ... bloody Sony. :mad:

capncnut
18-May-2009, 01:50 PM
She was great in Crimes Of Passion.

And yet here I am, in the PAL zone, getting effed-in-the-ay ... bloody Sony. :mad:
Yeah, the chances of me playing this game before the year is out are minimal. :(

bassman
18-May-2009, 01:56 PM
Yeah, the chances of me playing this game before the year is out are minimal. :(

Just buy a PS3! That's what sony wants you to do!

http://www.timboucher.com/images/they_live_obey.jpg

:mad:

MinionZombie
18-May-2009, 04:41 PM

http://www.timboucher.com/images/they_live_obey.jpg

:mad:
I think Capn does/did have one, but never played it. :p

Also, no way man - I'll play it my way, not their way.

darth los
18-May-2009, 06:36 PM
All I use my ps3 for is to watch blu rays. If a game comes out for the 360 I'll get it for that instead.

It seems as if my ps3 will be good for something other than a stunt double for a george forman grill.

That's why I never get rid of anything because one never knows.

I'll let you guys know how it is.

Danny
18-May-2009, 09:16 PM
actually, with live my ps3 was just a cheap bluray player, but when i was off the net for a while i got really into metal gear solid 4, disgea 3, resistance 1 and 2 and siren bloodcurse to name a few.

So its the gamecube of last gen, great offline, but when you can go on xbox live its a pale comparison, even if its free, i play the resistance 2 online 16 player co-op but i still havent tried anything like little big planet online because its just more a single player experience, sit down, enjoy a story filled game and move on to the next.

which in hindsight was pretty much the difference between my ps2 and original xbox really. so i guess nothings changed.

capncnut
18-May-2009, 10:18 PM
I think Capn does/did have one, but never played it. :p
Won a PS3, played about an hour of Oblivion, a bit of Metal Gear and some demo disc. After that, it sat on the shelf for about two months so I traded it in. It's a dog of a console.

Dude, I won a PS3 and still traded the f**ker in. I would rather wait THREE YEARS than cave in and buy that Sony piece of crap.