PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil Exclusive for the Wii!

axlish
15-Jan-2007, 08:31 PM
News - Resident Evil Wii details
Posted by Burk Frey at 01:28:35 AM EST on 9.21.2006.

A plethora of new details have surfaced for Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles for the Wii.

As the title indicates, the game revolves around tying together the story of the Umbrella Corporation. Gameplay wise, it will NOT be light gun style, instead using a setup similar to Resident Evil 4. The B trigger will be used to engage over-the-shoulder view, with the Wiimote to aim and A to fire. Other details are listed below.

-The game consists of 4 chapters: RE1's mansion, RE2's RPD, RE3's city areas and RE4's village and surrounding locations.
-Each chapter has 2 selectable characters. RE1 includes Jill and Chris, RE2 has Leon and Claire, RE3 has Jill and Carlos, while RE4 has Leon and Ada.
-There are several characters that can be unlocked by playing through the game, including Rebecca Chambers, Hunk, and Albert Wesker.
-The game features Quick Time Events ala RE4, but rather than pushing buttons they require motioning with the Wiimote.
-All characters will have melee attacks, just like RE4.
-To encourage replayablility, each character has strengths and weaknesses, with variations in health, speed, and other factors.
-New content will be added to the individual chapters, with a primary aim to include more of an Umbrella connection to the RE4 story.
-Ammo conservation will play a part in the gameplay, harkening back to the pre-RE4 games.
-Each character will have a unique set of weapons, and may hold a maximum of 2 weapons at any one time. Chris, for example, gets a pistol and shotgun whilst Jill gets a pistol and grenade launcher.
-Each stage will feature new weapons such as Richard's shotgun (RE1), the Desert Eagle (RE2), and the Chicago Typewriter and Krauser's anti-personnel robots (both RE4).
-After each chapter your data can be saved, unlocking these new weapons for Arcade Mode.
-Arcade Mode will be based on the Mercenaries minigame, where you pick a character and stage and blast your way through it.
-Scenario mode will feature a large number of in-game cutscenes.

Additionally, Capcom has stated that a full trailer will be present at the Tokyo Game Show. We'll bring you more details as they are available.

Source: REHorror.net

http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=6924

Sounds AWESOME!!!

LOOKS AWESOME!!
WLtfGZWDBcI

Maitreya
15-Jan-2007, 09:28 PM
One more excuse to buy a Wii...

MikePizzoff
15-Jan-2007, 11:55 PM
Farkin awesome!

slickwilly13
16-Jan-2007, 12:00 AM
Hell yeah! I have been waiting for some more info on this game. Thanks for the update.

capncnut
16-Jan-2007, 03:53 AM
I think it's safe to say that this game is BOUGHT!

Danny
16-Jan-2007, 06:06 AM
i gotta get a wii first.:p

Eyebiter
16-Jan-2007, 11:00 AM
With the recent sale of Capcom to Microsoft do you think this will still be a Wii exclusive title? Wondering how long until it's ported to the XBOX.

Rottedfreak
16-Jan-2007, 11:55 AM
Microsoft didn't buy Capcom it's a unsubstantiated rumor, previous topic had a very misleading title.
Difference bwtween a exclusive on a Wii and the PS3/Xbox 360 is that a Wiimote comes as standard with a Wii, such a device doesnt come free with 360s and PS3s and any game that uses one would run the risk of failure on those consoles.

axlish
16-Jan-2007, 12:24 PM
With the recent sale of Capcom to Microsoft do you think this will still be a Wii exclusive title? Wondering how long until it's ported to the XBOX.

Rumors were false :)

Danny
16-Jan-2007, 04:39 PM
yeah i saw on the xbox site, its bull.

slickwilly13
19-Nov-2007, 06:51 PM
There's a special going on at Toys R Us. Buy 2 games and get a 3rd one free. I am thinking about getting this game as my 3rd and the new zapper that Nintendo put out this week. Has anyone played this game, yet?

axlish
20-Nov-2007, 03:29 PM
Oddly enough, I just cracked the plastic on this one last night after months of owning it. I enjoy it, it makes the game more tense with the Wii controllers. I have already played the Gamecube version and was still entertained by this.

Rottedfreak
20-Nov-2007, 04:38 PM
[I]
As the title indicates, the game revolves around tying together the story of the Umbrella Corporation. Gameplay wise, it will NOT be light gun style, instead using a setup similar to Resident Evil 4. The B trigger will be used to engage over-the-shoulder view, with the Wiimote to aim and A to fire. Other details are listed below.

-The game consists of 4 chapters: RE1's mansion, RE2's RPD, RE3's city areas and RE4's village and surrounding locations.
-Each chapter has 2 selectable characters. RE1 includes Jill and Chris, RE2 has Leon and Claire, RE3 has Jill and Carlos, while RE4 has Leon and Ada.
-There are several characters that can be unlocked by playing through the game, including Rebecca Chambers, Hunk, and Albert Wesker.
-The game features Quick Time Events ala RE4, but rather than pushing buttons they require motioning with the Wiimote.
-All characters will have melee attacks, just like RE4.
-To encourage replayablility, each character has strengths and weaknesses, with variations in health, speed, and other factors.
-New content will be added to the individual chapters, with a primary aim to include more of an Umbrella connection to the RE4 story.
-Ammo conservation will play a part in the gameplay, harkening back to the pre-RE4 games.
-Each character will have a unique set of weapons, and may hold a maximum of 2 weapons at any one time. Chris, for example, gets a pistol and shotgun whilst Jill gets a pistol and grenade launcher.
-Each stage will feature new weapons such as Richard's shotgun (RE1), the Desert Eagle (RE2), and the Chicago Typewriter and Krauser's anti-personnel robots (both RE4).
-After each chapter your data can be saved, unlocking these new weapons for Arcade Mode.
-Arcade Mode will be based on the Mercenaries minigame, where you pick a character and stage and blast your way through it.
-Scenario mode will feature a large number of in-game cutscenes.

Hard to believe how much it changed.

CoinReturn
20-Nov-2007, 06:36 PM
Oddly enough, I just cracked the plastic on this one last night after months of owning it. I enjoy it, it makes the game more tense with the Wii controllers. I have already played the Gamecube version and was still entertained by this.

I think you're playing Resident Evil 4, not Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles.

axlish
20-Nov-2007, 07:56 PM
I think you're playing Resident Evil 4, not Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles.

You are correct (woops)

slickwilly13
21-Nov-2007, 02:21 AM
I bought the zapper gun w/ Link's Crossbow Training tonight. Tomorrow is the last day for the Toys R Us sale. I guess I should get down there in the morning, then. :shifty: I'll post a review on this game as soon as I can. Though it may be a little while before I can actually play RE:UC.

Terran
21-Nov-2007, 08:47 AM
Holy crap....I gotta go to ToysRUs tomorrow....

Im thinking Metroid, Super Mario Galaxy, and Battalion Wars 2....

I gotta a lot of back up games too....

slickwilly13
21-Nov-2007, 03:09 PM
Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Metriod Prime 3, Fire Emblem, Trauma Center: New Blood, and RE: UC. Plenty to choose from in case one is sold out. Btw, I saw Super Mario Galaxy at Gamestop last night, so it probably won't be hard to find at Toys R Us.

CoinReturn
21-Nov-2007, 04:04 PM
Yeah, do yourselves a favor and pick up Mario Galaxy. It seriously brought back that childhood awe for me, back when I had no idea how videogames were made, they were just the magical cartridges that let me play :D Its easily the best platformer ever, in my opinion.

Terran
21-Nov-2007, 05:28 PM
Welp Toys R Us had a grand total of three games left.....one being the Hanna Montanna game...and there was only two of those left....:(.....

They had a huge display which used to hold a ton of games.....all gone though :(

Ill just have to ask for Tribute for the holidays....

slickwilly13
21-Nov-2007, 09:58 PM
Yeah, I know. I had to use Plan B. Ended up with Trauma Center: New Blood, RE: UC, and an exclusive Soul Calibur Legends. Currently playing RE: UC.

*update* Nov 22

RE:UC is not a bad game. Very challenging even on normal mode. Upgradeable weapons. And tough boss fights. I just unlocked Albert Wesker last night. I only have 2 complaints so far. The head shots are not that accurate and there is an option of shaking the controller when signaled. A lot of times the shaking doesn't work or maybe I am doing it wrong. *shrugs*

Rottedfreak
24-Nov-2007, 01:34 PM
It's odd that some games are responsive and some arent, I dont think it's a problem with the remote more likely the developer.

Terran
24-Nov-2007, 07:20 PM
You can adjust the sensitivity

slickwilly13
26-Nov-2007, 07:43 PM
You can adjust the sensitivity

Actually, it wasn't that, but I did adjust it after reading this. I wasn't shaking fast and long enough. I can do it at will now.

Graphics: Like any other Gamecube RE title out there. Still looks great. Heads shattering with blood gushing out. Typical RE. :cool:

Sound: Music is a bit diffrent compared to most RE. I liked the older scores better, but its not enough to hurt the game. Sound effects are like any other RE title.

Controls: Not too bad, but doesn't feel like a true rail shooter. Even with the Wii Zapper. But it doesn't hurt the game at all. Refilling your ammo is done by quickly shaking the controller down. And weapons can be switched by pressing either up or down on the control pad on the remote. Shots can be fired with the B buttons and granades can be thrown by holding down the A buttons then pressing B. The knife can be used by holding down A and moving the remote in a slashing motion. :cool: Interactions can be performed during cut scenes or boss battles by either rapidly pressing A or B or shaking the remote side to side or pressing A & B at the same time. Kind of like RE 4. Best way to hold the Zapper for this game is place your trigger finger on the trigger and keep your thumb near the control pad & A button.

Overall: Awesome game and I have no regrets in buying it. Lots of side missions which I have yet to complete. Your weapons can be upgraded. My only complaints are no RE 2 story line and the lack of Nemesis during the RE 3 missions. He only appears during the last chapter. Which is strange, because he is the main villian of RE 3. Laziness on Capcom's part, I suppose.

Rottedfreak
26-Nov-2007, 08:51 PM
A few things that bug me
- the game isnt the definite version of events
- It lacks several characters from the games such as the Bravos in Zero and Barry Burton in REmake.
- the Raccoon City areas are lifted from Resident Evil Outbreak file 2.

I suppose if they make a sequal they could build Resident Evil 2, Nemesis and Code Veronica from scratch, and maybe co-op Net play.