PDA

View Full Version : Zombi 2..

DEAD BEAT
19-Jan-2007, 04:53 PM
Does anyone own the Zombie 2 special edtion,i believe its the 25 anniversery edtion?

i recently lost my old vhs copy of the film and want to buy it on DVD,i noticed this edtion but also notice its almost twice as much than the regular movie,just want to know if its worth buying this edtion!:rolleyes:

I dont want to pull another boner!:D

capncnut
19-Jan-2007, 04:58 PM
I have the recent special edition of Zombie Flesh Eaters (same movie) and it's OK. I wouldn't say it's particularly heavy on the extras but the movie itself is uncut and remastered. If you're an official zombie nutjob like me then this movie has to be owned regardless.

DEAD BEAT
19-Jan-2007, 05:22 PM
I have the recent special edition of Zombie Flesh Eaters (same movie) and it's OK. I wouldn't say it's particularly heavy on the extras but the movie itself is uncut and remastered. If you're an official zombie nutjob like me then this movie has to be owned regardless.

ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS?

your talking about the Fulci flick right? (shark vs. zombie):eek:

slickwilly13
19-Jan-2007, 05:29 PM
ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS?

your talking about the Fulci flick right? (shark vs. zombie):eek:

same movie

MinionZombie
19-Jan-2007, 06:10 PM
Indeed, "Zombi 2" is what it's called in America and Europe ... in the UK it was called "Zombie Flesh Eaters" (and thus, "Zombi 3" became "Zombie Flesh Eaters 2" ... it's all rather confusing after a while).

I own the 25th anniversary of ZFE/Z2, and indeed, while not that heavy on the extras, it is most definately worth purchasing if you're a zombie nutjob or particularly if you're a fan of the flick itself. It's a good quality DVD, check it out, especially if you're in need of a new copy. :thumbsup:

capncnut
19-Jan-2007, 07:20 PM
What is it with zombie movies and multiple release titles? :confused:

triste realtà
19-Jan-2007, 08:17 PM
In England, it's called Zombie Flesh Eaters, but in America it's known as Zombie. I bought the Blue Underground edition for like $12 and it doesn't have much: trailers, commercials, poster and stills galleries and a half hours worth of trailers for his other movies. I'd rather have the 2 disc 25th anniversary edition, but I couldn't tell you about the extras on that. You could read some reviews on the internet.

coma
19-Jan-2007, 09:03 PM
Indeed, "Zombi 2" is what it's called in America and Europe .
In America its plain old "ZOMBIE"

EvilNed
19-Jan-2007, 10:10 PM
In America its plain old "ZOMBIE"

Yes. There is no Zombie 2 in America. But there is a Zombie 3...

creepntom
20-Jan-2007, 04:28 AM
ok, is this the one that fulci directed or the one where the kid turns to a zombie & bites off mom's nipple some where in the movie?

all these titles are confusing :confused:

Todd Tjersland
20-Jan-2007, 04:48 AM
the one where the kid turns to a zombie & bites off mom's nipple some where in the movie?

That's Burial Ground, aka Zombie III, aka Nights of Terror, aka Zombie III: Nights of Terror.

triste realtà
31-Jan-2007, 09:02 PM
I just read on a page comparing the two (25th anniv. ed. by Shriek Show and Blue Underground's) that they both have great picture quality (site had comparison screen shots), the BU version has an enhanced soundtrack (and it sounds really good if you got 5.1) but the SS version has a lot of extras as detailed on the site I linked at the end of the Best Zombie Movies thread. Their conclusion was buy both, but everytime I see them it's $25 for the SS and $12-13 for the BU.

jdog
31-Jan-2007, 09:33 PM
I just read on a page comparing the two (25th anniv. ed. by Shriek Show and Blue Underground's) that they both have great picture quality (site had comparison screen shots), the BU version has an enhanced soundtrack (and it sounds really good if you got 5.1) but the SS version has a lot of extras as detailed on the site I linked at the end of the Best Zombie Movies thread. Their conclusion was buy both, but everytime I see them it's $25 for the SS and $12-13 for the BU.

i have both editions, bought them at the same time just cause. i would have to say that the 2-disk 25th aniversity edition is better then the blue underground edition, but both are worth buying