PDA

View Full Version : probably one of the best gameing ad's ever.

Danny
23-Jan-2007, 08:23 AM
while researching for media studies about advertising i took a proper look at the gears of war trailer, and compared to the usual videgame ads, this is hands down at least one of the top 10, the music adds to the whole hopeless feel of the situation and it rocks.

tAzvujHniMo

yet heres an example of waht not to do, HOW COULD THEY THINK THIS SONG AND TRAILER WHENT TOGETHER?!?

5dlXyWARhuU

MinionZombie
23-Jan-2007, 10:38 AM
"Bio Hazard ... it's not just a game" ... no, it's a really appalling advert as well!

Damn ... it's just so badly done in all aspects, people running and doing nothing, doors opening - wow, now that's how to sell a horror game ain't it? Whoever did that ad should be fired and become a pumpkin farmer instead, ha!

The GOW one was pretty darn sweet ... although this whole fad of game companies only showing pre-rendered videos that don't exist in the game pisses me off - like with the ads for Call of Duty 2. They should always put text saying that it's not "in game", or show some in-game stuff for cryin' out loud - especially these days with next gen graphics looked sweet-as a nut.

Cykotic
23-Jan-2007, 03:03 PM
That Gears of War advert... perfect.

MikePizzoff
23-Jan-2007, 03:13 PM
The GOW one was good; the RE one SUCKED!

But are you sure these aren't both just fan made? It seemed like it to me.

capncnut
23-Jan-2007, 03:40 PM
But are you sure these aren't both just fan made? It seemed like it to me.

Both are legit commercials, in fact the GOW one is on UK television quite a lot. DAMN, what the hell is up with that Biohazard commercial? That tune is the complete opposite of what the game feels like. Surely the main theme from the mansion would've worked instead of that garbage.

bassman
23-Jan-2007, 04:20 PM
I've been seeing that GOW commercial over here in the states for several months now.....good stuff. I love the use of Michael Andrews cover of Tears For Fears' "Mad World".:thumbsup:

EvilNed
23-Jan-2007, 04:48 PM
The Gears of War trailer came on every damn time I went to the movies during the fall.

capncnut
23-Jan-2007, 04:51 PM
I love the use of Michael Andrews cover of Tears For Fears' "Mad World".

Actually I HATED that song when it came out but for some reason it feels just right in that commercial.

ash
25-Jan-2007, 01:53 PM
I've been seeing that GOW commercial over here in the states for several months now.....good stuff. I love the use of Michael Andrews cover of Tears For Fears' "Mad World".:thumbsup:

It's not Michael Andrews, it's Gary Jules.