PDA

View Full Version : Tiny London apartment on sale for $335K

HLS
24-Jan-2007, 02:20 PM
I am way too poor to ever live in london. I thought my studio was ****ty. :confused:

Tiny London apartment on sale for $335K

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070122/ap_on_fe_st/tiny_apartment

Philly_SWAT
24-Jan-2007, 02:44 PM
That seems crazy that anyone would even consider that.

capncnut
24-Jan-2007, 02:55 PM
Knightsbridge is a very desirable location so it doesn't surprise me at all.

tju1973
24-Jan-2007, 03:12 PM
But it is a choice area...Good investment. You could actually sell the piece off to whomever owns the area to the left or right and still get a great return...

HLS
24-Jan-2007, 04:48 PM
Well if it had a real kitchen it would be great. I mean I think it is all and all bigger than my studio I am in but I have a nice full sized kitchen at least. Here in Kansas City you can buy a 5 bedroom house, spacious in a great neighborhood. God being poor sucks.

Tricky
24-Jan-2007, 04:54 PM
Il stay up north to be honest,ive visited london & it aint all that!ok there is a buzz about the place and a lot going on 24/7,but it isnt actually a nice place.I do get bored living out here in the country at times,but i wouldnt trade my fields,trees,forests & beaches for london :)

_liam_
24-Jan-2007, 05:20 PM
yeh i lived in dagenham for years and then moved to bristol/somerset, the countryside is beautiful and everyone should try to get out there, but for me the boredom is too much, plus people tend to be pretty intolerant and narrow minded. also all the weird wicker man/dennis wheatley type stuff where i live kinda freaks me out.

the thing with london is, if you want to go out for the night or see band or whatever, you dont have to plan it like a military operation, you just pop down to wherever it is. but it is disgustingly expensive, the price of that flat doesn't really suprise me...

MinionZombie
24-Jan-2007, 06:00 PM
Damn straight Tricky, I can't be doing with London, I avoid it at all costs and haven't been there in a good long while now and I certainly don't miss it. Yes it's much harder for me career wise, but I refuse to bend over and take it up the jacksy and conform to the "the entirety of Britain is run from London and must conform to London" - such as legislation perfectly suitable for London, but unworkable in the real Britain that extends beyond the scabby buildings and choking fug.

I'd rather have the odd waft of chicken sh*t manure over constant deafening traffic belching out pure soot into my lungs, thank you very much. The country is so much more pleasant and relaxed, everytime I've been to London it's just stressed me out and I don't feel at all safe anywhere.

F*ck London, viva la muddy fields!

capncnut
24-Jan-2007, 06:21 PM
I wouldn't live in any other place to be honest. I agree, it's not a particularly beautiful part of Britain and the cost of living is horrendous but theres NO place that has a vibe like London. The nightlife is terrific, plenty of great pubs and bars, not to mention some top concert venues.

I love to travel around the country and I have friends from all over. I love Manchester and Scotland in particular and (to be painfully honest) there's not a great deal of difference between all of the UK's major cities except for the various accents. At the end of the day, London is the cultural vortex of Great Britain and there aint no city on Earth like it.

Except for New York. :D

_liam_
24-Jan-2007, 06:25 PM
/\ yep. sorry hick folk...i love country pubs and all but one does need to large it once every couple weeks at the very least.

MZ - i recall a plaque a saw over a bar in north somerset once..."we'll keep our cowsh!t in the country, if you keep your BULLSH!T in your city"

Tricky
24-Jan-2007, 06:31 PM
[QUOTE=_liam_;63689]/\ yep. sorry hick folk...i love country pubs and all but one does need to large it once every couple weeks at the very least.
QUOTE]

I large it!middlesborough is one of my regular haunts,as is leeds,York & hull
:D im a big fan of travelling to all the cities i can to experience the clubs,nightlife & to see friends,but could i balls live in one!barring york of course which is my fave city for a lot of reasons and i could actually live there.

MinionZombie
24-Jan-2007, 09:24 PM
The only city I could live in (that I've been to) is Norwich, cos I did live there for 3 years, and it was great. It was a perfect mix between the convenience and vibe of a city, but the relaxation and straight forwardness of the country (which surrounded the city on all sides).

The UEA campus was a great little microcosm of what it was like - smack bang in the middle of the lush, green flatlands of Norwich was this chunk of 1960s concrete (it's very 1960s, but looks stunning - I couldn't stop thinking about Dawn of the Dead and zombies when walking around campus).

In a way, Norwich is a city of country bumpkins ... sorta ... but what is good about Norwich is that it is a university city ... although it's more the size of a large town ... so there's a constant flow of fresh talent ... *ahem* ... and it doesn't let the place get too bogged down in "tradition" and strange ways ... although apparently Norfolk (where Norwich is, for the unitiated) is the incest capital of Britain. :lol:

Where was I? Oh yeah, Norwich is the only city that I've found thus far that I could (and did) actually live in.

*distracted by the South Park Whore Off*

Liam - I'm lovin' that pub sign thingy. :thumbsup:

Tricky
24-Jan-2007, 09:53 PM
Have you been to york MZ?its an awesome city,mainly because of its colourful history & large crop of medieval buildings,makes it really atmospheric.Plus its student city so its ripe with fit lasses & a thriving indie scene :D

MinionZombie
24-Jan-2007, 10:11 PM
Aye, but a long time ago - Primary School to be precise. I've probably been there (in fact I have come to think of it) with family, but that was probably prior to said primary school trip (a week in York - my first time away from home when I was about 9 years old).

We did a Ghost Walk and I thoroughly had the sh*t scared outta me! ha!

Can't remember it particularly well now though, back when you're that age you're not paying a great deal of attention. I had a bunch of friends/acquaintances from high school/sixth form who all ran off to York University together as a group ... meanwhile I was all macho and ran off on my own to the other side of the country to *ahem* (acquires local dialect) Nahrrrrrrrr-ich ... reet bah, yehhs bah. :D

_liam_
24-Jan-2007, 10:45 PM
two words...camden. town.

i need my crackheads, goths, rastas & electro clubs, even if it means powerwalking back to where i'm staying with a crowbar in my coat.

capncnut
25-Jan-2007, 03:53 PM
two words...camden. town.

i need my crackheads, goths, rastas & electro clubs, even if it means powerwalking back to where i'm staying with a crowbar in my coat.

Damn straight. *high five*

bassman
25-Jan-2007, 04:14 PM
Did anyone else think of Elwood Blues' apartment when they saw that picture?:p

HLS
25-Jan-2007, 10:48 PM
I wish I was British *sigh*

Huescacho
26-Jan-2007, 02:14 AM
Ufff!!!. It's very expensive!. My house is cheaper than this. I live in a liitle country (Montmesa). In my profile wrote Huesca because Montmesa nobody know! (and Huesca a little people). Really that one room of this house, is greater than my entire house! (jajaja).

DeadJonas190
26-Jan-2007, 03:31 AM
Thats insane, my room is 98 square feet and it seems tiny, I can only imagine how miserable 77sq feet would be to try to live in. In reality, it's only a little larger than my laundry room.

prettycorpses
26-Jan-2007, 10:22 AM
Ive seen smaller! On some house auction programme the other day there was a flat in some swanky London street going for oodles amounts of squids and it was only one tiny room, it contained one kitchen cabinet under the sink and that was it! Half that flat and you have this one.....couldnt find a pic sorry!

DjfunkmasterG
26-Jan-2007, 10:56 AM
I read about this on Yahoo the other day and was like DAYUM...and here I thought I paid a lot when I shelled out $250K for a 31 year old townhouse that needs work.

I mean I don't care if the home is located in the ritzy section of London... who in their right mind would may 1/3 of a million pounds for a closet.

Chaos
26-Jan-2007, 06:11 PM
That pad looks like a piece of **** crackerjack box too. The housing costs are completely insane in London.

coma
26-Jan-2007, 06:48 PM
The average proce of an apartment in NYC is a million bucks. 2500 plus rent in Manhattan is not uncommon, so I am not in any way surprised.
A crappy 1 floor no basement ranch house in a crap neighborhood in Long Island is at least 150,000. Usually way more.