PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here seen The Departed?

DjfunkmasterG
24-Jan-2007, 09:57 PM
Warner Brothers is re-releasing this into theaters this friday and I have heard so many great things about it and am thinking of checking it out. Some say it is as good if not better than Scorsese's Goodfellas, but some say don't bother.

I haven't seen a Scorsese film I haven't liked yet, so I guess I should just cave and give it a try. Thoughts people?

bassman
25-Jan-2007, 02:33 AM
I'll tell ya man....I went into this film hoping for a GOOD movie and I got a GREAT movie.

I wouldn't go as far as to compare it to "Goodfellas" because I've loved that movie from the beginning and I really can't compare any other of Scorcese's work to it. I've loved just about all of his work(especially "Taxi Driver") and this example is no different. I can definitely tell you that I enjoyed it a little more than his last efforts, "Gangs of New York" and "The Aviator"(which were both very good films in their own right), but that's not to say that The Departed" is perfect.

Bottom line is.....I very much doubt that you'll be disappointed. Check it out.

capncnut
25-Jan-2007, 03:29 PM
I've been looking forward to this movie too.

HLS
25-Jan-2007, 10:50 PM
I have not had a chance but I heard nothing but good things about the movie. If they are going to re-release it I will definately go to see it.

livingdeadboy
26-Jan-2007, 03:05 AM
Its a pretty awesome movie Dj, go check it out!

Tricky
29-Jan-2007, 08:50 PM
It is a very good film,but i think it gets so lost in itself toward the end with the rats & doublecrosses that its hard to follow!all loose ends are taken care of in the final scenes though!:eek:

Chaos
29-Jan-2007, 08:54 PM
It's OK for a remake. Scorsese's masterpiece will always be The Last Waltz.

zombie04
29-Jan-2007, 09:12 PM
for me it's no Goodfellas. But if you liked Gangs of New York you are going to LOVE this one. Then again, I didn't care too much for Gangs and thought the Aviator was a great improvement.