PDA

View Full Version : Making A Remake: Have Questions

Judy O'Dea fan
27-Jan-2007, 09:58 PM
Hey everyone,

My name is Tommy Peters, I am a NOTLD fan over in Oregon,USA.
I have decided that I want to create a remake of NOTLD.

I have been a fan since I was 8 or 9 years old.I can never watch enough of it. I really love this movie! When I make the film, I only intend to create a remake in dedication to George Romero, and to show my appriciation and love for his work. I don't want to make any money off of Romero's work.

Now, that I have introduced myself a little. (Please if you have more questions feel free to ask me.)
I am working right now on wardrobe for the movie. Can anyone tell me what kind of clothes the cast wore. Please remember I am asking about ONLY Romero's 1968 B&W film. Not Savini's remake, it was good but I liked Romero's better.

According to Judith O'Dea, she and Marilyn Eastman bought two of every wardrobe. I just need to know the brand name, the style, the name of the dress. So, that I can get the same type, or at least close enough.

I hope that I haven't left anything out. If you have any questions please feel free to ask me. I am on IMDB.com, and you can find me at Myspace: myspace.com/Tommy_Boytoy

Hope to hear from you soon,

Much Love, Tommy

Philly_SWAT
27-Jan-2007, 11:48 PM
Seeing as the movie was made in 1968, I doubt you can just go out and buy outfits like they had in that movie, mainly the females outfits. You can buy a cheap suit just about anywhere. I would suggest that you make an original movie, based on Romeros rules, rather than a remake. Then you can make your own decisions on outifts, etc.

Judy O'Dea fan
28-Jan-2007, 01:01 AM
It doesn't have to be the exact outfit. just something that is close to it. I'm not picky on some things.

capncnut
28-Jan-2007, 06:25 PM
I have decided that I want to create a remake of NOTLD.

This has to be the second or third post in the last month where someone wants to remake NOTLD. There have already been three remakes: Savini's NOTLD, NOTLD3D and NOTLD07 (four if you count NOTLD30th), so why the hell would you want to make another one?

I would suggest that you make an original movie, based on Romeros rules, rather than a remake. Then you can make your own decisions on outifts, etc.

I agree, good advice.

Philly_SWAT
29-Jan-2007, 03:33 AM
It doesn't have to be the exact outfit. just something that is close to it. I'm not picky on some things.

I suggest a thrift store of the salvation army store. Or a yard sale in a retirement community.

ash
29-Jan-2007, 11:28 AM
Yeah, this is already being remade,so don't bother. Instead, write an original script.

Danny
29-Jan-2007, 01:49 PM
i dont wanna sound like a put down too, but really, why make a film thats been remade in about 3 incarnations and 2 more on the way, origionality will get you resognised, rehashing wont.

it also helps to say on your buisness cards that youll put "anything" in your mouth.
it got dj to put i am zombie man on deadlands -OOO SNAP BURNED YA BACK MZ!:moon: :lol:

livingdeadboy
29-Jan-2007, 01:59 PM
I think if he is just doing it for fun, there is no harm in it.

Danny
29-Jan-2007, 02:06 PM
aye thats ture, but it'd be all the more rewarding to do it yourself, you could end up with a cas eof "directors smug" for a bit though:p

kortick
29-Jan-2007, 09:05 PM
try salvation army
or vintage clothes stores

yard sales
flea markets
estate sales

there re so many places they could turn up

or get a pic of it and have someone sew one for you

it wouldnt be all that expensive to do

i think there is no harm in
making a movie you like

later on you can work on your own scripts

good luck with it

SymphonicX
30-Jan-2007, 11:56 AM
yeah good luck mate, but as the others said - write your own script and it'll go a lot further.

Danny
30-Jan-2007, 10:51 PM
tip for zombies for anyone go to your local charity/thrift store buy a suit, beat the **** out of it, bury it and leave it for 3 days,stinks but looks awesome.

Phildogger
30-Jan-2007, 10:57 PM
Yeah, this is already being remade,so don't bother. Instead, write an original script.

Ignore comments like this, and hope your remake turns out great!

Debbieangel
31-Jan-2007, 03:00 AM
HEY do it... why not we can always use another directors view on what could happen to Barbara and Ben! Hey a zombie film is a zombie film I for one am up for one anytime!!! Remake or not
FYI: In that time period alot of that yucky doubleknit fabric was used ....easy to sew!
You might want to do a search on ebay for old sewing patterns like Simplicity, Butterick,McCalls ...these are all pattern companies and I do believe were around back in the 60's.
Dont pay alot for the patterns either lol they arent that expensive!!!
I can get new patterns now half price for $7.00 American. I hope this helps!
Good luck on your film!!!!

Pothatuu
31-Jan-2007, 08:45 AM
Why do people want to make all these remakes of good movies anyway? What was wrong with the first?

SymphonicX
31-Jan-2007, 12:52 PM
Remakes happen for many reasons - to update, re-envision an outdated idea, or to simply cash in on someone else's work.

However, NOTLD is still as relevant as it was in 68, has had plenty of cashing in already, so this remake is just a re-envisioning by the sounds of it, and its not exactly hurting anyone.

Anyway - how cool is it to say "my favourite movie is so good, its been remade 5 times!!!"

haha

T-Fizzle
01-Feb-2007, 11:10 PM
Salvation army. or GAP. that whole style seems to be coming back.
As for the movie itself... Who cares how many times it's been made?
We should treat NOTLD like the Aristocrats Joke. Everyone should get to tell it, as long as they make it there own.

Danny
01-Feb-2007, 11:22 PM
he makes an excellent point.

and off topic anyone see the movie about that:D

Trencher
02-Feb-2007, 02:58 AM
Good luck with your zombie movie remake. I don't understand why you want to re make it or why you don't want to earn money on it but good luck.

Have anyone ever tried to make night of the living dead for theatre? It might work well as a play.

Head Shotz
17-Feb-2007, 08:41 PM
It would be cool if it was made as an exact replica! Thats a challenge, and I would buy it. But hey, do your thing.:evil:

Fleshmunch
18-Feb-2007, 08:46 AM
Hello, people! It's going to suck! Besides, I don't think this is serious. More like a clever troll to get us worked up. :rolleyes:

Danny
18-Feb-2007, 09:39 AM
but how do we know that isnt just a clever troll post to rile people up?:rolleyes:

coma
18-Feb-2007, 06:27 PM
To be honest, I got the impression this guy wants to dress like Barbara himself. LIke how female impersonators emulate the women they admire like Marilyn Monroe. Go back and read the first couple posts and you will see what I mean.

Fleshmunch
18-Feb-2007, 11:06 PM
To be honest, I got the impression this guy wants to dress like Barbara himself. LIke how female impersonators emulate the women they admire like Marilyn Monroe. Go back and read the first couple posts and you will see what I mean.

I was totally gonna say this Coma, but kept my mouth shut. The guy sounds like a drag queen to me, too. Or a troll. Or a drag queen who looks like a troll. :elol:

coma
19-Feb-2007, 04:55 AM
I was totally gonna say this Coma, but kept my mouth shut. The guy sounds like a drag queen to me, too. Or a troll. Or a drag queen who looks like a troll. :elol:
Especially the parts of wanting the exact brand and designer, rather than having a fashion student into retro hook it up

I was afaid to say amd wanted to be fair and waited to see it play out. But I have to ,regretfully, add...

"Dad, I'm not gay. They blow me, I don't blow them!"
from Pecker

I couldn't resist.

I tried to check his myspace/Tommy boy toy(?!?) page just to see and it doesnt exist

Night2008
23-Feb-2007, 12:17 AM
Hello Everyone,

My name is Tommy Peters. I am also the former member called, 'Judy O'Dea Fan'. I changed the name in order, to have a more professional name 'Night2008'

Yes, I am gay. **** NO! I would never dress up as Barbara...I'm not a ****ing drag queen...**** that!!

I just happen to be a big fan of Judith O'Dea's work in the film. I have xchanged emails with her in the past, and she is the most down to earth, and sweetest person, you would ever want to meet.

I got a camera today, and pretty soon I am goin to start casting for this film. I just want to say say 'Thank you' to Romero and everyone for this filn. Besides, I know we are all fans here. I hope you don't think I am trying to destroy a movie that is so specail?

Absolutley not. I just want to have some fun, and see where the movie goes. I have the script ready, and there are many HUGE changes to the script as well.

So, please don't be alarmed, I am not trying to take any credit for Romero's work either, they get all the credit.

This movie is going to be filmed during the summer here in Oregon. If anyone here lives on this side or is intersted in contacting me. Please feel free, my door is always open.

Well, thats about it for now. Thank you for reading, and I lookm forward to hearing from you.

coma
23-Feb-2007, 01:18 AM
Hello Everyone,

My name is Tommy Peters. I am also the former member called, 'Judy O'Dea Fan'. I changed the name in order, to have a more professional name 'Night2008'

Yes, I am gay. **** NO! I would never dress up as Barbara...I'm not a ****ing drag queen...**** that!!

I just happen to be a big fan of Judith O'Dea's work in the film. I have xchanged emails with her in the past, and she is the most down to earth, and sweetest person, you would ever want to meet.
Sorry! ack!
hehe:)
good lick with the film!

Danny
23-Feb-2007, 09:00 AM
I got a camera today, and pretty soon I am goin to start casting for this film. I just want to say say 'Thank you' to Romero and everyone for this filn. Besides, I know we are all fans here. I hope you don't think I am trying to destroy a movie that is so specail?

wait, you decided to do a remake before you had a camera?, thats pretty wierd planning.:|

Brubaker
26-Feb-2007, 01:41 AM
Hello Everyone,

Absolutley not. I just want to have some fun, and see where the movie goes. I have the script ready, and there are many HUGE changes to the script as well.

So, please don't be alarmed, I am not trying to take any credit for Romero's work either, they get all the credit.

This movie is going to be filmed during the summer here in Oregon. If anyone here lives on this side or is intersted in contacting me. Please feel free, my door is always open.

Well, thats about it for now. Thank you for reading, and I lookm forward to hearing from you.

Well, at least we know your original post was serious. Somehow, after your initial introduction, this thread became 2 pages long and you hadn't posted since the beginning of Page 1.