PDA

View Full Version : Vista... Oh dear!

Neil
29-Jan-2007, 03:32 PM
http://techgage.com/article/windows_vista_gaming_performance_reports

Danny
30-Jan-2007, 10:38 PM
i dont get it, aside fromt he areo thing, which ive seen rigged on a mates pc to work with xp, what else would you want on it you dont get on an xp version?:confused:

Tricky
30-Jan-2007, 10:46 PM
DirectX 10 is the only thing im looking forward to from it,i cant see anything else been much different

HLS
31-Jan-2007, 01:56 AM
There must be something after all the cost is insaine. i hear it has added security and 3d graphics.

MinionZombie
31-Jan-2007, 10:49 AM
A lot of industry nerdy type people are saying Vista is still wide open to the same security threats Windows has always been open to - and yep, COST - yet again, in the UK it's gonna be more than in America. Gate's excuse/answer for this on BBC News was pathetic, exactly like Blair - answer without saying anything.

Tricky
31-Jan-2007, 12:04 PM
A lot of industry nerdy type people are saying Vista is still wide open to the same security threats Windows has always been open to - and yep, COST - yet again, in the UK it's gonna be more than in America. Gate's excuse/answer for this on BBC News was pathetic, exactly like Blair - answer without saying anything.

Gordon Brown getting his cut from it,you watch!every household in the UK has a PC these days,and most will upgrade to vista at some point this year,ideal opportunity for labour to make a quick buck from it!i bet im not far out there either..

_liam_
31-Jan-2007, 12:32 PM
blair everything mz.
i dont like him either, he has to go, but how the hell do you manage to worm anti blair sentiment into a thread about an american corporation's new OS.
your'e getting into the same territory as those nutty right wingers who bring the jews into everything :rolleyes:

capncnut
31-Jan-2007, 03:22 PM
I wish people would stop saying Blair, I find that word rather offensive. I thought we wasn't permitted to use swear words openly on HPotD. :rolleyes:

MinionZombie
31-Jan-2007, 05:39 PM
lol Capn.

Liam - I was saying that, just like Blair answering a question, Bill Gates answered the question "why is Vista more expensive in the UK" without actually answering it - something Blair does frequently, and is well noted and famed for. :rolleyes:

_liam_
31-Jan-2007, 07:09 PM
aye, youre saying gates is blairlike and that's not a good thing to be in lieu of the various reasons you hate blair for. i'm not having a go mate, it's just that i usually anticipate you linking the thread to how sh!t blair is, whatever the subject is.

though you did resist the temptation to compare vending machines to labour in the vending machine thread - they nick yer money and can't be moved:D

but aye, i dont really mind, not startin or anythin! just sayin, always wit' tha' blair

MinionZombie
31-Jan-2007, 09:36 PM
What's wrong with venting my sheer disgust for Blair and his entire government? If I kept it all in I'd pass out and my gut would explode ... now you wouldn't want that, wouldya?

And despite my hatred of Labour and Blair, it was more a comparison that an outright dig. It's the Blair style of question answering. Gates is much better, I don't really mind the bloke (in fact I don't mind Microsoft, just wish they'd try harder - they need competition really), at least he sticks to software rather than softwar ... :lol: ... okay, that was a stretch. :p

Back on topic and did anyone see Gate's appearance on the Jan 29th Daily Show? lol, he got up to shake hands and was then kinda neither here nor there and kinda awkwardly walked off backstage. The guests are supposed to stay there until the link is over, it was just kinda funny - they took the mick on the Jan 30th one (which had a clip from Dawn of the Dead in it, saw it just now).