PDA

View Full Version : Rage reunification?

Chaos
29-Jan-2007, 08:00 PM
Does anyone have any news about the RATM reunion?

I wonder if the current socio-political climate had anything to do with Zach and Tom's decision to reform the band?

_liam_
29-Jan-2007, 08:07 PM
chris cornell is busy with solo stuff, zach & tom recently met up at some kind of protest or rally and got talking. apart from that, can't say i know much more.

there's a thread about it here
http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?t=5142

Chaos
29-Jan-2007, 08:11 PM
chris cornell is busy with solo stuff, zach & tom recently met up at some kind of protest or rally and got talking. apart from that, can't say i know much more.

there's a thread about it here
http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?t=5142

Cool. Thanks for the info.

I can't wait to learn more!

bassman
29-Jan-2007, 08:13 PM
I'm kind of pissed that it's only one show and it's so far from me. Oh well....I suppose they'll be recording it for DVD. And who knows....maybe it will spark their interest and they'll do a whole tour.

Chaos
29-Jan-2007, 08:19 PM
I'm kind of pissed that it's only one show and it's so far from me. Oh well....I suppose they'll be recording it for DVD. And who knows....maybe it will spark their interest and they'll do a whole tour.

Oh. I didn't realize it was only just for one show. Still good news though.

capncnut
30-Jan-2007, 01:14 AM
In addition to its eclectic, star-studded lineups, the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival has established a reputation for landing hot reunions — the Pixies and the Stooges among them. This year's coup is the reunion of thrashing political rockers Rage Against the Machine, who have not played together for almost seven years.

The fiery quartet will reunite for a headlining show at the eighth edition of the festival — which will expand to three days, April 27-29, this year — according to an announcement from organizers. A report in the Los Angeles Times said the show will be a one-off; a spokesperson for the band could not be reached to confirm its long-term plans, and a representative for Rage vocalist Zack de la Rocha said the singer will not be commenting on the reunion. Rage also headlined the fest's maiden 1999 edition.

Although rumors were rife about a Rage reunion in the days leading up to the announcement, guitarist Tom Morello downplayed them in an e-mail message to MTV News earlier this month. The group splintered in 2000, with Morello, bassist Tim Commerford and drummer Brad Wilk joining former Soundgarden frontman Chris Cornell in the group Audioslave while vocalist/rapper Zack de la Rocha all but disappeared from the music scene. Though de la Rocha has sporadically appeared at public events and recorded songs with DJ Shadow, Saul Williams and Blackalicious, his long-rumored solo album has not surfaced and he has made few public statements since the dissolution of Rage.

The reunion is still in an early stage so no new stories are expected to surface until sometime next month. But apparently they are in talks right now about possibly doing a tour as well as Coachella. Fingers crossed.

_liam_
30-Jan-2007, 01:23 AM
a bunch of my mates are off to that festival, they got a ticket for me that they'll ebay if i cant go.

aieee...should i go? but if i do theyll do a tour and ill feel like a tit for spending so much...but if i dont it'll blatantly be a one off, such is the way...

CornishCorpse
30-Jan-2007, 08:48 PM
What festival? Ive heard they are meant to be at Download Festival this year which is where Im goin, Im jus one more reason to go see the reunification.

_liam_
30-Jan-2007, 09:00 PM
the coachella festival in the US.

downloads lookin pretty ugly this year mate, my chemical romance, linkin park and iron maiden are the confirmed headliners :( pretty weak after last year imo.

though i wouldnt mind seeing maiden

coma
30-Jan-2007, 11:34 PM
the coachella festival in the US.

downloads lookin pretty ugly this year mate, my chemical romance, linkin park and iron maiden are the confirmed headliners :( pretty weak after last year imo.

though i wouldnt mind seeing maiden
Linkin Park are ultra lame. couldnt pay me to see them. I hate the singer. Fort Minor is decent though.
If its real maiden, then its worth it.

capncnut
31-Jan-2007, 04:21 PM

What a turd line up. They ought to get the Pistols on there, they're playing again this summer.