PDA

View Full Version : Hack a Vending Machine!!!!

ash
31-Jan-2007, 03:19 AM
I learned this today. On certain kinds of vending machines, you can enter a combination of buttons and it will bring a menu on it's display. You can change the prices and check sales records, not to mention you can change the error and sold out messages on some versions. The machine type has a panel that looks like the one on here:
http://www.idealcoffee.com/images/vending_coke_bottle_big.jpg

The combination goes like so:
First, press the fouth button down. Then, the second, then the third, then the first. The display will say "Eror", for Error. Then, you can use the second and third buttons to scroll through the options. You can use the fourth button for "Select" and the first button for "Exit".

Dtothe3
31-Jan-2007, 09:25 AM
is this an American vending machine or a British one?

*Notes combination*

Tricky
31-Jan-2007, 10:22 AM
I remember at school they had vending machines & we used to tilt them forward till they were almost tipping over,then let it fall back into the wall with a loud bang and a load of free food would drop out :lol:

Neil
31-Jan-2007, 10:45 AM
Is this it?

xmrhuc_zF6w

_liam_
31-Jan-2007, 10:46 AM
those ones where you put 20p in, turn the handle, and get a handful of sweets, if you turn it v-e-r-y slowly, and hold it at roughly the halfway mark, you can empty the machine :evil:

welcome to the official hpotd vending machine scab thread...

MikePizzoff
31-Jan-2007, 11:49 AM
I was expecting to see posts from a few certain members, with their panties in a bunch, about how this is "wrong".

Neil
31-Jan-2007, 12:46 PM
I was expecting to see posts from a few certain members, with their panties in a bunch, about how this is "wrong".

It's not like any of these scams actually work :)

_liam_
31-Jan-2007, 01:23 PM
course they dont *completes chewy golfball pyramid* :cool:

Tricky
31-Jan-2007, 03:11 PM
It's not like any of these scams actually work :)

Except mine which will indeed get you free mars bars & crisps :p

capncnut
31-Jan-2007, 04:38 PM
those ones where you put 20p in, turn the handle, and get a handful of sweets, if you turn it v-e-r-y slowly, and hold it at roughly the halfway mark, you can empty the machine :evil:

HA! Used to do that one all the time as a kid. :lol:

Danny
31-Jan-2007, 05:57 PM
man, at high school there was a cadburys vending machine, and if you kicked it in the right spot just as it "vended" it would drop 2 or 3 bars instead of one, course it was kinda hard to get away with kicking full force at a vending machine in front of teachers, plus the limping sucked, but 3 "time-outs" for 30p, boschty as 'eck.:lol:

slickwilly13
31-Jan-2007, 07:03 PM
Here's some. I found this out in high school. You jam paper up the coin return. Come back to it later and pull the paper out. A lot of coins would fall out. Rocking the machine back and forth would shake food free. Here's another that I have never tested, but heard works. Pour warm saltwater down the coin slot. Apparently, it shorts out the computer and money will spill out.

Neil
31-Jan-2007, 09:23 PM
Here's some. I found this out in high school. You jam paper up the coin return. Come back to it later and pull the paper out. A lot of coins would fall out. Rocking the machine back and forth would shake food free. Here's another that I have never tested, but heard works. Pour warm saltwater down the coin slot. Apparently, it shorts out the computer and money will spill out.

Here's an even more effective hack... Put a small stick of explosive in the vending tray and return later... When you come back you'll find the machine is vending money and contents for free!

kortick
02-Feb-2007, 12:02 AM
i have had friends who have hacked
these machines in all sorts of ways
but the thing that happened to me
wasnt even planned

i put money in the coke machine and pushed the button
it was a machine that dispensed cans
not those bottles

well the soda came out
and i took it
then i heard another thunk
and another soda came out
then another thunk
28 soda cans came out all together

i couldnt carry them all
so i piled them up and left

it was a bit odd to say the least

HLS
02-Feb-2007, 01:06 AM
is there a way to make money spit out. :)

slickwilly13
02-Feb-2007, 04:52 AM
is there a way to make money spit out. :)

Check my post. Its untested, though.

DeadJonas190
02-Feb-2007, 05:08 AM

I remember this from a news story a few years ago. According to the story they fixed this problem shortly after it was discovered, but I have never actually tried it so who knows, they could have made up that they fixed it to get people to stop trying.

The only cool vending machine story I have is that on a class trip to France and Spain we bought all the beer in the vending machines in our Hotel in Spain. A bunch of 15-17 year old American kids left in rooms by themselves next to a vending machine selling beer next to an elevator which takes one to all the other vending machines that sell beer on all the other floors with only the threat that if you buy beer your going to get in trouble... Yeah, we listened. We tossed the empties into the drop celing and none of the chaperones were the wiser.

slickwilly13
02-Feb-2007, 05:26 AM
I found this out from a guy I used to work with. He partnered with another guy. They were in the vending business. He mentioned the biggest problem was with college campuses. The warm saltwater would short out a chip or sensor that despensed your change. When it shorted out the money would pour out. It cost the venders a lot money repairing the damage.

Danny
02-Feb-2007, 01:31 PM
then theres the good old fallback of changeing pennies into yen, since they register in the cadbury machines as a pound coin:lol: