View Full Version : A Couple of iTunes/iPod Questions

Scott
31-Jan-2007, 09:26 AM
I just bought an iPod and I tried seeking these answers on google and such but did not find answers. I know some people have some experience with iTunes/Ipods on here so I figured I'd ask.

First:
There are some files that itunes wont import into the program. They are all valid .mp3 files, and I've even tried re-ripping the CD. When I click import and select the files, it just goes back to the main screen and doesn't load the files. Sometimes it's a case where iTunes loaded half of an album and not the other songs. Anyone else encounter this or have a way around it?

Last:
There are alot of albums I have that do not "group together" in iTunes. Let's say for example I have two albums by Metallica. The first album shows all grouped together and I load the cover art for that one group, but then the other album, all the tracks show up as separate "groupings" amnd I have to load the Cover Art for each individual track. Is there a way to fix this as well?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Maitreya
31-Jan-2007, 04:59 PM
When you picked the files did you click add to library or import? There's some sort of difference, I don't know what it is, but when you import you can only add in one song at a time. But the best thing I can recommend to do in that situation is to just have the folder open that the music's in and itunes and drag them directly into the library, much like dragging files onto the desktop, that works everytime.

If you're still having trouble let me know.

Scott
31-Jan-2007, 11:52 PM
I've tried adding them, importing them and dragging them and still no luck :(. Is seems about 100 of my mp3s are missing from my itunes library that i have attempted to import/add.

Maitreya
01-Feb-2007, 12:19 AM
Are you sure they're not at the bottom, sometimes when you add files the artist name doesn't get put on there and it's just blank, or has a different name. The blank ones end up at the bottom of the list

Scott
01-Feb-2007, 01:35 PM
They aren't. iTunes also shows as the top files being added to the library and that does not happen and my total song count stays the same.