View Full Version : I don't know who is more stupid in this matter:

Dawg
01-Feb-2007, 05:01 AM
The cable network or the city?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16902707/

:dead: Dawg

Wooley
01-Feb-2007, 05:16 AM
Little of column A, little of column B. I mean, one, considering how paranoid people are these days, anything out of the ordinary is likely to have bomb squads, swat teams, haz-mat teams and what not come down on it liek flies on crap. On the other hand, it's a Moonitite flipping the bird. Even if you don't watch the show, who would consider that a threat?

Seriously, is a cartoon character flipping you off really an IED?

That they charged the guy is just them trying not to look like fools, and trying to make someone pay for it. Setting a fake device would imply he meant for people to think the light ads were in fact explosive devices.

Either they'll drop the charges, he'll cop to some misdemeanor, or they'll nail his scrotum to the wall as a message to others not to do anything even remotely suspicious lest you make an entire city freak the frak out and sent legions of American sheep people into a dizzy.

DeadJonas190
01-Feb-2007, 07:06 AM
Next thing you know Bugs Bunny will be arrested for cross dressing, Elmer Fudd charged with poaching, and Aladdin will be accused of kidnapping and terrorism...

I love how they constantly refer to this as a "Hoax" when it was a F*CKING ADVERTISING PROMOTION! It is not a hoax, they did not say "OH WE PLACED MOONINITE BOMBS ALL OVER BOSTON... HAHAHAHA JUST LIGHTS WE FOOLED YOU BOSTON"

Next thing you know somebody will be arrested because their Christmas lights are still up and some jerk-off thinks they are some sort of terrorist signaling device.

capncnut
02-Feb-2007, 11:43 AM
To be honest, the makers of the cartoon should've realised that something like this would happen. Then again, maybe that's what they were hoping for. After all, any publicity is good publicity.