PDA

View Full Version : Sci Fi intends to kill off Battlestar Galactica

Rottedfreak
04-Feb-2007, 02:58 PM
It's ratings have dipped now that it's been moved to Sunday nights and put up against fierce competition.

Danny
04-Feb-2007, 03:00 PM
the 2nd season has only just left caprica over here in the u.k and its dragged but no more than others did, i dont know why they cancelled the likes of threshold though, and the 4400 hasnt been heard from for ages, it appears like its lost or nothing over here, jerichos just started a week ago on hallmark uk and heroes is starting on the uk sci-fi channel on the 19th so at least theres still somethin' to watch.

(4000th post, mega woot!, only another 4000 to get zombie flesh eater status :lol:)

Rottedfreak
04-Feb-2007, 03:05 PM
I should have been more specific they haven't announced cancellation but this is exactly how the road to cancellation begins.

Danny
04-Feb-2007, 03:10 PM
so it just sucks then?

Eyebiter
04-Feb-2007, 07:17 PM
Liked BSG better when it was on Friday night with Stargate SG1 and Atlantis. Now scifi is messing around not showing a new episode every week, and breaking the season up into multiple parts. Hard to tell what they are thinking, perhaps it's a way to boost DVD sales?

The bsg producers made one mistake with the "battlestar iraq" episodes early in season three. Had they broadcast the content contained in the webisodes as a single episode think it might have gone over better.

Since then it's taken time for the season to get back on track. Some of the recent filler episodes like 'Hero' and 'Unfinished Business' weren't very good. Things seem to have improved with the last two episodes 'The Passage' and 'The Eye of Jupiter'. Finally the story is advancing again.

Danny
04-Feb-2007, 07:24 PM
over here stargate sg-1 and atlantis have ben moved to seperate days too, that bugs the hell outta me.

Geophyrd
04-Feb-2007, 07:44 PM
I miss Sci Fi Fridays too...and BSG is up against stiff competition there. In fact, Sunday and Monday are tough days for my ReplayTV. I think I tape something like 9 shows in those two evenings.

But BSG is broadcast something like 5 times a week and it isn't on tonight (Sunday) due to the Superbowl. It'll be back...good as ever next week.

As to Battlestar Iraq comparisons, clearly there are political allusions, but so what? Ronald Moore said he was going to draw the story from THE story. It works for me. Now if George Bush would only swing a Battlestar into the atmosphere and then jump out of atmosphere, maybe we could win!

Having said that, I'm getting a little tired of Baltar's delusions. I wish they'd get on with the story. Last week felt like filler.

Danny
04-Feb-2007, 07:46 PM
the last ep i saw with the galactica falling to the surface, deploying ships then jumping before it hit the ground was a kic ass piece of tv you gotta give it that.:cool:

axlish
04-Feb-2007, 11:19 PM
I just DVR everything so it doesn't matter when it comes on, but I hear you, once they start shuffling around the time it comes on, it is never a good sign.

Eyebiter
09-Mar-2007, 07:51 PM
Anyone else catch the BSG episode last Sunday? After such a great run in Seasons 1 - 2, seems the show is going downhill fast in Season 3.

Spoiler question about the last episode, don't click if you haven't seen it yet
Did we witness the death of the real Starbuck? Was she a Cylon all along? Or was she captured by the Cylons when her Raptor crashed a few episodes back and a Cylon clone substituted in her place?

Rottedfreak
09-Mar-2007, 09:01 PM
It's ratings have risen now, seems everyone found it.

What I'm surprised at is the reaction to the recent episodes, fans called out for more fleet based shows regarding the survivors, a couple have done exactly that and fan reactions been "what the hells all this about? wheres my Cylon shootouts?":confused:
What do they want? Enterprise-esque Alien of the Week? Voyager-esque bad science of the week?
I got bad news, Galactica reimagined isn't about to do a Galactica 1980 with super scouts, hybrid prodigies and Microwave vunerable Cylon centurions. the twisted joke is that they are not going to find Earth at all.

Danny
09-Mar-2007, 10:45 PM
yeah the worst part of the origional was when they found earth, maybe they will find like a chared shell of a planet and go all "inconvinient turth/planet of the apes" and say we did, us damn dirty apes (not wanting to upset any intelligent design fans...well maybe a litte), we blew it all to hell!