PDA

View Full Version : XBox 360--Ok I am late, but...

tju1973
05-Feb-2007, 12:45 AM
It fn rocks---

I got Gears of War, BF2:MC, Battlestations:Midway, and Dead Rising! (of course), and it came with Madden 07.

Gears is fn awesome-- and maybe a Halo killer--until Halo 3 is out. BF2:MC is a great visual update on my original Xbox version. Dead Rising-- what can I say? Nothing beats wacking the dead with stuffed animals!! Madden-its Madden. The most suprising was Battlestations Midway. It is a great break form the normal fast paced shoot 'em ups. The nice slow pace of a 20 knot battleship trying to hit a 30 knot destroyer is awesome--- more strategy and forethinking than just run in a shoot everything...

Great job Microsoft-- ya had me at hello..

:)

Danny
05-Feb-2007, 01:14 AM
gears is a fantastic looking game, but so was black and that was a "halo killer" too, but to be a a halo killer you gotta be a half life 2 killer too nowadays and it aint it, and dead rising is just killing and rescueing in a constricting time limit, fun at first but it wears thin veeeerrrryyyy fast.

i suggest if you dig shooters to get ghost recon advanced warfighter, i dont like rainbow six type games but this rocks, as does burnout revenge and the new tomb raiders allright.

CoinReturn
05-Feb-2007, 02:42 AM
Good choice and congrats man. Do you have Live? If you do add me to your friends list, we should get some Gears co-op going. Check out Oblivion if you want a game you can go back to over and over again. Hellsing, did you check out the Ghost Recon II demo? Its really fun, I'll definitely be picking it up.

MikePizzoff
05-Feb-2007, 05:38 AM
I assume you have XBOX Live. If not - GET IT! It enhances your 360 experience by 10 fold. I still need to pick up Gears. I could of had it by now had I not bought Prey and Gun but I couldn't resist.

capncnut
05-Feb-2007, 10:34 AM
Nice one TJ, good choice. Been playing a fair bit of F.E.A.R. and Lost Planet lately and I recommend both of them. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion too. Everyone says "Oh, I don't like them long winded RPG's" etc but this one so much different... and easier. Check 'em out man.

Gears Of War is great (as well as epic) but it ain't no Halo killer in my eyes. Comes mighty close though.

tju1973
05-Feb-2007, 08:14 PM
I had an issue converting my old account over, so I started a new one...

my tag is chelsea hh (for Chelsea Headhunters-- of course-- THE NIGHTMARE RETURNS!!!:) )

But I am trying to get on everyday-- I do say that Battlestations Midway is the most fun I have had online lately, but I am trying to get into Gears Online--- GRAW II looks to good to pass up, and I have reserved Halo 3----

I will try to send you an add...

MikePizzoff
06-Feb-2007, 03:13 AM
Nice one TJ, good choice. Been playing a fair bit of F.E.A.R. and Lost Planet lately and I recommend both of them. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion too. Everyone says "Oh, I don't like them long winded RPG's" etc but this one so much different... and easier. Check 'em out man.

Gears Of War is great (as well as epic) but it ain't no Halo killer in my eyes. Comes mighty close though.

Hey, Capn, how come my damn friend request to you on XBL has been pending for a month now?!?!?!

Danny
06-Feb-2007, 04:02 AM
aye, same here:D

slickwilly13
06-Feb-2007, 05:26 AM
Hey, Capn, how come my damn friend request to you on XBL has been pending for a month now?!?!?!

Yeah, no kidding.

capncnut
06-Feb-2007, 11:45 AM
Barely had the time to go on Live man. New job, writing a book (those two take up 15 hours of my day) and cruising this place amoungst others :sneaky:. I had a spare four hours the other day so I had quick crack on Lost Planet and F.E.A.R. and even then my damn phone was ringing off it's cradle. Just been busy peeps. Next time I'm on my 360, I'll add you guys I promise.