PDA

View Full Version : Pot Heads?

CornishCorpse
05-Feb-2007, 09:54 PM
I was reading the new years resolution thread and it started me thinking. How many fans of the dead movies are tokers? I understand that not everyone who enjoys them is, the movies I love personally as does my film studies lecturer.

Many years at oxford but she admits you cant beat a good bit of Romero. Although she carries the (" this is good smoke,dude") look behind her thick glasses.

So what Im saying is who here enjoys blazing a fattie while enjoying the dead movies? I blaze and I damn well enjoy it, its no wonder everyone is toking when you compare it to alcohol. An argument for another time or maybe not?

Dawn is my favourite for this situation. So people? Please tell me that its not jus me enjoyin the chronic..

fartpants
05-Feb-2007, 09:58 PM
smoking **** and watching zombies are just natural bedfellows long live them both

_liam_
05-Feb-2007, 09:59 PM
agreed

jdog
05-Feb-2007, 10:03 PM
nothing beats a dead movie or horror movie and a nice bag of smoke. if i quit smokeing the movies would never be the same.
dawn at 2:00 am and some skunk, cant get any better.

CornishCorpse
05-Feb-2007, 10:06 PM
Dizzam.

You guys move fast, practice makes perfect and all that I assume.

Any particular favourite zombie movies for that particular mindset? Any intresting stories linkin smoke and the dead movies?

jdog
05-Feb-2007, 10:15 PM
Dizzam.

You guys move fast, practice makes perfect and all that I assume.

Any particular favourite zombie movies for that particular mindset? Any intresting stories linkin smoke and the dead movies?

about three times a year i like to watch the dead trillogey and burn back a sack either with friends or by myself (this is what ussually happens).
good times!:D

Philly_SWAT
05-Feb-2007, 10:17 PM
dawn at 2:00 am and some skunk, cant get any better.Wouldnt dawn at 4:20 be more appropriate?

I would suggest a poll next time, a private poll. There may be some tokers that are "in the closet" and wouldnt want to respond publically that they smoke dope at all, much less while watching dead films.

As for me, just about any movie in any genre is better watching while under the influence of Mary Jane....

CornishCorpse
05-Feb-2007, 10:20 PM
Good point and my apologies, note taken : Tilts hat:

slickwilly13
05-Feb-2007, 11:20 PM
I enjoy good green as much as anyone else who does it. But unfortunately, I cannot have it in my life at this moment. Any respectable job will test me and the money is more important. Besides, I'm training for a fight this summer and won't handicap myself.

Danny
05-Feb-2007, 11:23 PM
nah, im a clean livin' kinda guy, though being a college boy its kinda mandatory that i know at least 2.5 potheads:lol:
and man when there out there, there out there, i actually convinced one of em' while stoned that i was black, just very,very pale, and im a pale as hell white guy, thats how stoned they get.:lol:

ProfessorChaos
05-Feb-2007, 11:27 PM
:cool:

So, yeah, I love my Scoobie Doobie Doo snacks along with a good GAR film. My buddies and I played "Pot Head Theater" (like Myster Science Theater 3000) once when the sound was messed up on my friend's TV, and just got super cheeved out and watched the original Night of the Living Dead and did our own little commentaries on the movie. It was way back when, probably close to ten years ago, but I still (kinda) remember it.

_liam_
06-Feb-2007, 12:36 AM
sit up all night getting caned and the watch "the plague of the zombies" at about 3:00am, just before the sun comes up, with the curtains & windows open, when the movie is over, take a doob with you and go for a walk outside.

it's amazing

capncnut
06-Feb-2007, 12:42 PM
Dawn is my favourite for this situation. So people? Please tell me that its not jus me enjoyin the chronic..

No, you are not alone brother. Dawn is the ultimate blaze movie, just like what Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas is to acid heads.

sit up all night getting caned and the watch "the plague of the zombies" at about 3:00am, just before the sun comes up, with the curtains & windows open, when the movie is over, take a doob with you and go for a walk outside.

Yes, I often take 5am park/cemetary doob sessions at the weekend.

Tricky
06-Feb-2007, 05:06 PM
Im clean living these days,back when i was about 18/19 i used to smoke it a lot but it just fogged my brain & made me lazy & withdrawn :dead:

Dtothe3
11-Feb-2007, 11:37 AM
Im clean living these days,back when i was about 18/19 i used to smoke it a lot but it just fogged my brain & made me lazy & withdrawn :dead:

Yeah, I'm knocking it on the head this year, pot and school don't mix and I want to go to college and do **** with my life. One things for sure, pot smokers don't have mid-life crisis. This is because most stoners sit and think in their teens about life. Everyone else says "Must do something" then at 40 turns around asking what the **** am I doing this for :D

So on that note, I will set roll a joint of my finest green and tobacco concoction, set the kettle for my pot noodle, kick back and enjoy an early morning roast :)

[edit]

Good job I left this open, forgot I had the pot noodle.

DVW5150
13-Feb-2007, 03:05 PM
My grand-dad (moms dad) was a beatnik jazz pianist late 40's , grew pot . My mom used to smoke .If I am lucky , a buddy of mine sends me an 8th or so of pharmacuetical grade in a jar of espresso 2-3 times a year from Florida . I can live without it . I just consider it a once in while thing , if I am lucky . As far as gettin' baked and viewing a GAR , sometimes its Dawn (theatrical cut) , or Day ("Is this the sh*t thats supposed to knock our socks off?!") , or Night '68 ... Night '90, or maybe Land ...um I am not stoned right now ... lets see . The next time I get jiggy w/ some buds ," Diary of the Dead " will be on dvd so ...I'll say "Diary ...:elol:

Chaos
13-Feb-2007, 04:24 PM
You sir, are a dumbass. There is no parallel between toking and watching Romero films.

This only serves my theory that most Romero fans are idiots. They're almost like republicans. I like a few, but most of them strike me as being ignorant and altogether repugnant.

_liam_
13-Feb-2007, 04:35 PM
You sir, are a dumbass. There is no parallel between toking and watching Romero films.

This only serves my theory that most Romero fans are idiots. They're almost like republicans. I like a few, but most of them strike me as being ignorant and altogether repugnant.

not sure i understand you, nobody said there were parallels, just that they are good movies to watch when youre stoned.

anyway that doesnt even make sense...i think your definiton of "parallel" differs somewhat to mine....an example of how i define it is ;there are paralells between dawn 78 and dawn 04 because they share a similar plot... so how can there be parallels between pot smoking and romero movies...? they are both centred on product that stems from independant distributors perhaps?

did you mean there isn't necessarily a connection between the two?

parallels;

3.a) Having comparable parts, analogous aspects, or readily recognized similarities: the parallel lives of two contemporaries.
b) Having the same tendency or direction: parallel motives and aims.

Chaos
13-Feb-2007, 04:39 PM
not sure i understand you, nobody said there were parallels, just that they are good movies to watch when youre stoned.

anyway that doesnt even make sense...i think your definiton of "parallel" differs somewhat to mine....an example of how i define it is ;there are paralells between dawn 78 and dawn 04 because they share a similar plot... so how can there be parallels between pot smoking and romero movies...? they are both centred on product that stems from independant distributors perhaps?

did you mean there isn't necessarily a connection between the two?

parallels;

3.a) Having comparable parts, analogous aspects, or readily recognized similarities: the parallel lives of two contemporaries.
b) Having the same tendency or direction: parallel motives and aims.

Your average blazer can watch anything while he tokes. Look at how many potheads sat back and watched teletubbies. The whole claim that potheads and Romero's movies go hand-in-hand is the dumbest thing i've ever heard. Most of the posters on these forums are the reason why artists try to isolate themselves from their fans. The reason why Cobain would vomit after concerts after seeing the worthless pieces of filth that came to see him. Could claims like these be embarassing? My guess is yes. Not to mention, totally baseless and stupid.

MikePizzoff
13-Feb-2007, 04:46 PM
Your average blazer can watch anything while he tokes. Look at how many potheads sat back and watched teletubbies. The whole claim that potheads and Romero's movies go hand-in-hand is the dumbest thing i've ever heard. Most of the posters on these forums are the reason why artists try to isolate themselves from their fans. The reason why Cobain would vomit after concerts after seeing the worthless pieces of filth that came to see him. Could claims like these be embarassing? My guess is yes. Not to mention, totally baseless and stupid.

I disagree. It's people like YOU that are the reason artists stay away from their fans. You're very pretentious.

PS - I highly doubt Kurt Cobain puked from seeing his fans. I'm sure it was from the booze/drugs he was on and the fact that he was using so much energy on stage.

slickwilly13
13-Feb-2007, 04:49 PM
Hey, I never watched Teletubbies or anything retarded like that.

_liam_
13-Feb-2007, 05:07 PM
pretentious is the word.

have you ever smoked weed with any regularity?

pot aids idle daydreaming, yes?

romero movies are real brain candy when it comes to sober daydreaming, let alone weed-enhanced, that's why there's so much fanfiction on this site, and why one movie spawned an entire subgenre of books, movies, videogames etc.

i'll bet everyone on this board has had an idea for their own zombie movie at some point.

when youre watching those movies it gets your imagination going, you wonder what you would do, what it would really be like, etc. it's fun to wonder about stuff like that when youre stoned.

almost every time ive watched any of those movies with friends and had a blaze, the conversation turns to; "what would you do then?", something that doesnt really happen with say, the terminator movies or an episode of teletubbies...

plus there's the fact that you often end up watching these movies & getting stoned late at night or just as dawn breaks, which adds to the feeling of immersion.

i agree almost anything is good when youre stoned, but things like zombie and disaster movies are even better.

and kurt cobain was disgusted at his fans because most of his songs were sensitive, angsty tunes that rejected the machismo of america's patriarchal type attitudes, but instead he just saw braindead jocks moshing to the songs he wrote to attack them. he also didnt think nirvana were ever that good and detested what he saw as mindless adoration.

i can totally see where youre coming from and i dont disrespect you particularly, but i think you are wrong nonetheless.

Chaos
13-Feb-2007, 05:10 PM
pretentious is the word.

have you ever smoked weed with any regularity?

pot aids idle daydreaming, yes?

romero movies are real brain candy when it comes to sober daydreaming, let alone weed-enhanced, that's why there's so much fanfiction on this site, and why one movie spawned an entire subgenre of books, movies, videogames etc.

i'll bet everyone on this board has had an idea for their own zombie movie at some point.

when youre watching those movies it gets your imagination going, you wonder what you would do, what it would really be like, etc. it's fun to wonder about stuff like that when youre stoned.

almost every time ive watched any of those movies with friends and had a blaze, the conversation turns to; "what would you do then?", something that doesnt really happen with say, the terminator movies or an episode of teletubbies...

plus there's the fact that you often end up watching these movies & getting stoned late at night or just as dawn breaks, which adds to the feeling of immersion.

i agree almost anything is good when youre stoned, but things like zombie and disaster movies are even better.

and kurt cobain was disgusted at his fans because most of his songs were sensitive, angsty tunes that rejected the machismo of america's patriarchal type attitudes, but instead he just saw braindead jocks moshing to the songs he wrote to attack them. he also didnt think nirvana were ever that good and detested what he saw as mindless adoration.

i can totally see where youre coming from and i dont disrespect you particularly, but i think you are wrong nonetheless.

Potheads read into their tea leaves a bit too much. I think they will use any excuse they can find in order to justify lighting up a j. That's what i'm saying. Seriously though, Romero's movies make you think when you're stone cold sober. Naturally, a blazer is going to capitalize on anything like that. It's getting ridiculous.

_liam_
13-Feb-2007, 05:35 PM
mate, pot accelerates your imagination.

seeing as you admit romero movies do this anyway, and any stoner will testify to weed amplifying it, i don't see the debate...

i gave it up and i still admit that it makes you seriously imaginative for the duration. fair play it also robs you of the ability to do anything with that imagination, but still.

did the potheads at school give you a hard time or something?

CoinReturn
13-Feb-2007, 05:38 PM
Smoked two bowls and watched Day last night with a friend. Sparked up some good zombie apocalypse discussion, good times. Videogames and pot go hand in hand as well, I think. The ability to control a character on screen while baked is great, especially when you have a few friends over to join in the fun. You become so immersed, your imagination just runs wild.

DjfunkmasterG
13-Feb-2007, 05:43 PM
I have blazed quite a bit a sat down to watch all the dead films in one sitting, however, I prefer being smoked out to watch comedies and action films. However, my fave blaze session is me, and two bowl smoke-out, Return of the Living Dead 1 or Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. :D

Believe it or not I have not watched Deadlands blasted. I guess I will have to give it a viewing once the re-edit is completed and then get really stupid and sit and watch the film.

DVW5150
13-Feb-2007, 06:17 PM

Name calling ... hmm You may have a cool avatar , but I believe in reality , you would sh*t your pants in a firefight . As far as parallels between what entertains a stoner and what doesnt , why come to a fansite to insult ? That is very telling of character . :moon:

bassman
13-Feb-2007, 06:30 PM
I've noticed that seems to be a common trait with this fella....

But to be on topic. I used to be until "the man" got me down.

Terran
13-Feb-2007, 06:51 PM
Videogames and pot go hand in hand as well, I think. The ability to control a character on screen while baked is great, especially when you have a few friends over to join in the fun. You become so immersed, your imagination just runs wild.

Gradius III....then Gradius IV.....and then Gradius V on the PS2 were my favorites.....

Those games got too intense...!

dmbfanintn
13-Feb-2007, 08:07 PM
Im in!! Smokin and watchin the Dead flicks is good times!!

CornishCorpse
13-Feb-2007, 10:09 PM
Whoah whoah. I started this thread because I enjoy toking while watching the dead movies and I wanted to see who else on this board enjoys combining both of this past times. I was not saying that people needed to toke to enjoy romero or that there was any sort of a link between romero and the chronic.

Why is it you feel the need to make this into a serious argument? If this was a thread on does anyone else like listening to dragonforce while playing video games would you still have felt the need to attack it? All this thread was aiming for is to find out if there were a couple more tokers out on the board and get a couple crazy ideas and stories.

A Bonus is from Liam..I put youre idea into practice at six thirty after a heavy smoking and dead session and damn, jus damn. :D

MikePizzoff
13-Feb-2007, 10:19 PM
Why is it you feel the need to make this into a serious argument? If this was a thread on does anyone else like listening to dragonforce while playing video games would you still have felt the need to attack it?

I'm sure he would have. I've never liked that guy; he rarely has anything good to add to topics... just negative responses. I'm really glad he got banned although I'm sure it's probably only temporary.

triste realtà
13-Feb-2007, 10:20 PM
Believe it or not I have not watched Deadlands blasted. I guess I will have to give it a viewing once the re-edit is completed and then get really stupid and sit and watch the film.

The ol' John Carpenter screen test:lol:

HLS
14-Feb-2007, 12:55 AM
Funny. The first time I smoked pot was watching Dawn of the Dead. Sadly I have not smoked in years.

coma
14-Feb-2007, 03:09 AM
mate, pot accelerates your imagination.

seeing as you admit romero movies do this anyway, and any stoner will testify to weed amplifying it, i don't see the debate...

i gave it up and i still admit that it makes you seriously imaginative for the duration. fair play it also robs you of the ability to do anything with that imagination, but still.[quote=_liam_;67162]
I agrre with herb accelerating the imagination
I, howber, respectfully completly disagree with the bone you threw the deapartd chaos(rudeness ban I guess. Dude needs to spark one sometimes).
MY imagination gets fired up, I get interested , then I create things. Daily, prodigiously and with (what Im told is) great quality. MAybe I am an anomoly, but I dont think so. It does give me the HEebie Jeebies sometimes, whuich is good fo GAR films.

Bud doesnt make Bad things better, but it makes what I would already like a different experience

So there is no relationship to me to GAR films other than I have a relationship with Ol' Georges work AND with the Ganj. So theres a good fit for me.

SAdly, I have never met one person (face to face) who shared the love for GARS body of work. Usually if I try to mention or turn someone on to it they say"You mean, Brains?"
AAAARRRRRRG.
It makes me get on one knee, look to the sky, raise a fist and yell
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Thats whu HPOTLD rules all.ALL!

[quote=_liam_;67162]did the potheads at school give you a hard time or something? Hah! me, I got crap from all kinds of people. Mostly Jocks subtards though.

excuse the typos. had eye surgery today

Why is it you feel the need to make this into a serious argument?
My man is a hater who relies on tired sterotypes to fell suiperior.WEAK