PDA

View Full Version : Ghost videos

capncnut
06-Feb-2007, 02:38 PM
Okay folks, now I'm as skeptical as the rest of you but I enjoy having a ganders at the odd ghost vid. Why am I telling you? Well, this little video has turned up at almost every 'genuine' ghost site and is topping the polls as the most viewed ghost video online. I just wanted to get your opinion.

Nl-LOf99QN0&eurl=

Now, I ain't saying it's real, I ain't saying it's false but apparently it has passed all the required 'hoax' tests. What do you reckon?

Trancelikestate
06-Feb-2007, 03:27 PM
what the hell is even happening? a girl sitting on a tombstone?

Kaos
06-Feb-2007, 03:29 PM
what the hell is even happening? a girl sitting on a tombstone?
Looks like a live girl to me. Not sure how this is hoax-proof.

capncnut
06-Feb-2007, 03:35 PM
I think it's a live girl too but all sites (including the more 'serious' ones) claim it to be geniune ghost footage. :confused:

Trancelikestate
06-Feb-2007, 03:43 PM
i think all of us know that we could make a video even more convincing than that. BTW, whats the big deal about it? that guy needs to learn how to hold the camera still.

capncnut
06-Feb-2007, 03:49 PM
Okay here's a few more 'genuine' ghost videos.

The Barton Mansion figure
5UBursj5DN0

The ghost car (very cool)
CO9Ve03s41w

The haunted swing set
q3P02NbvGQE

Danny
06-Feb-2007, 04:16 PM
total fakes each and every one.

for god sake the first one uses a sound effect of one of the sound sites i get the music for my flash animations from, and it was a girl in a mask.

my opinion: ray,egon and the rest can rest easy. cus' derek acoras more convincing.

capncnut
06-Feb-2007, 05:42 PM
I gotta admit, the only one I was impressed with was the ghost car. I couldn't even begin to explain that one if I tried.

MaximusIncredulous
08-Feb-2007, 01:50 AM
Looks like a fake to me but then again...

http://www.storage4all.com/uploads/1ac42930e0.jpg

Reminds me of the Amityville boy.

Danny
08-Feb-2007, 01:57 AM
I gotta admit, the only one I was impressed with was the ghost car. I couldn't even begin to explain that one if I tried.

refelection maybe?, the driver showed he had good control of his vehicle, even though he drove like an idiot, so its not impossible, given that he was allready turning left that he could have done a u turn around them and all they saw was the tail lights being reflected on the windshield.

and as for the barton masnion one, the "ghost" had a torch in his hand :rolleyes:

the most convincing of them all is the swing, and i dont believe even that is haunted, its more a "how did they do it" type video for me, cus the fact it opened so wide, showing there was noone there and then zooming right in on it suggest A:they new it was going to happen and B:the wide shot was too obvious an "look no hands" shot, definatly seems fishy, my best guess is wind or two guys really far away with something thin like fishing line over the distance pulling, its wierd but not impossible, especially if you want to get famous for a ghost caught on tape.

dont get me wrong ,whilst i dont have a religion i do have a somewaht belief in the supernatural aspect of the world ,i just think id need to see something a little more convincing.
even shows like ghosthunters, while looking good at first with them saying "there was noone up there" its all filmed so it can be cut, reset up and then re filmed, rigged, or any number of things, so tv and video really isnt that much of a good scource im afriad, 'least thats what i think.

capncnut
08-Feb-2007, 02:27 AM
refelection maybe?, the driver showed he had good control of his vehicle, even though he drove like an idiot, so its not impossible, given that he was allready turning left that he could have done a u turn around them and all they saw was the tail lights being reflected on the windshield.

Er, the guy drove THROUGH a chain link fence without knocking it over. :confused:

Danny
08-Feb-2007, 03:03 AM
how do you know?, the police car was at an angle and the car could have veered off doubling back and all you saw was it's tail lights, and possibly, if you zoom, the driver giving the cops the finger "and for 50 cents more you can have it super sized":D

MikePizzoff
08-Feb-2007, 04:24 AM

No way. There isn't any way that the tail lights could be reflecting off the windshield, for two main reasons:

1) You see the tail lights while the cruiser is still turning. They would stay so somewhat-stationary to their course of direction. I don't know if this is making sense... it's kind of hard for me to explain.

2) Cops would always be having troubles following people if tail lights from behind them reflected off their winshield like that. We'd also see it happening whenever the cruiser would pass other cars on the road.

capncnut
08-Feb-2007, 04:31 AM
http://www.storage4all.com/uploads/1ac42930e0.jpg

Reminds me of the Amityville boy.

Reminds me of that little long-haired brat from Hanson playing the piano. :lol:

Danny
08-Feb-2007, 04:51 AM
holy frigg!, they ARE the children of the corn!:lol:

Parazombie
08-Feb-2007, 07:24 AM
Okay, first off, I'm a Paranormal Investigator. I've seen LOTS of ghost videos before, so, let me go ahead and indulge you all in some debunking.
The first video, the one with the "ghost girl" has been around for a VERY long time. It made the paranormal circulation a few years ago. The conclusion? The girl looks MUCH too "solid" to be considered a ghost. Also, ghosts eyes RARELY show up illuminated like that, so it's believed, it's just a camera flash, being reflected off of the girl's eyes.
The second video that was posted...yeah, it was too distorted for me to really analyze it. That's a major problem in the paranormal field. Even a smudge on a camera lense, can get people jumping to some strange conclusions.
The ghost car. That's a new one for most of us. Like I said with the first video, the car is too "solid" to be a ghost. As for the fence, or whatever it went through, it was most likely a case of knowing the area very well, and knowing there was a gate or something that they could push through, but would close before the police could do so. The natural reaction from ANYONE, is to stop when you see you're going to drive into a solid object.
Now, the last one, the one with the swing, is actually something I've witnessed first hand, and I couldn't explain it. There was NO WIND that night, NONE of the other swings were moving, just one. The single swing moving phenomenon, is something that has been reported, from around the world, so it is common. Can I say it's paranormal? I have no idea. All I do know is, I can't explain it, and I've been doing this for nine years now...
Hope I was able to shed to a little light on this subject.
:p

MikePizzoff
08-Feb-2007, 02:14 PM
Para, I'm not saying I don't believe that you've seen actually swings move on their own, but I believe that video is a complete hoax.

capncnut
08-Feb-2007, 04:45 PM
I actually thought the haunted swing was quite convincing. If it was being manipulated by a prankster from a distance then how come it swings so perfectly? So perfectly in fact, it actually looks like an unseen person is using it. A flawless motion like that would be very difficult to pull off from a distance.

The ghost car is another strange one for me. If the car bust through a locked gate or something then surely the cops would've seen that? Most cops know the area they police like the back of their hand. Not only that but the bastard was swerving left and right and still racing ahead of them in a car that probably couldn't out-run a pig cruiser.

Okay, Liam pointed me in the direction of this one. I dunno if he put it up previously but I'm posting it anyway. Explain this one then.

VwjZXFbK4GM

Three Mexican kids are playing football in an alleyway. As one of 'em goes to retrieve the ball, an entity (or rather an elongated arm and bald head) just materialises out of nowhere and tries to grab one of them. I know there's gonna be some people on here who will shout, "Camera cut", but that was in fact a zoom-in done by the owner of the cell phone for our viewing pleasure as the original version doesn't display it too well. Here's more info on it. Clickeroo (http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.ikerjimenez.com/especiales/criatura_merida/index.htm&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.ikerjimenez.com/especiales/criatura_merida/index.htm%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D)

MikePizzoff
08-Feb-2007, 06:31 PM
I actually thought the haunted swing was quite convincing. If it was being manipulated by a prankster from a distance then how come it swings so perfectly? So perfectly in fact, it actually looks like an unseen person is using it. A flawless motion like that would be very difficult to pull off from a distance.

I disagree. Toward the end of the video you can tell the swing has so much slack in the chain... like what happens where there is no weight on it to pull them taut.

Watch a person swinging on a swing; the chains stay straight. Then just push the swing by itself; the chains wobble around like we see in this video.

In my opinion somebody was off screen with fishing wire and they "practiced" this "trick" quite a bit to make it look convincing.

EDIT::: Also, in the beginning of the video if you watch carefully you can tell that the swing isn't go back as far as it would if there were somebody on it. It seems to be stopping at the starting point before being pulled back up. Makes me 100% positive there's somebody with fishing wire.

Also, just so you know, I do very well believe in ghosts. I've experienced a lot of weird shiv in my life. But I also believe that there are probably more people that FAKE ghosts out there than there are people that don't believe in the paranormal at all.

bassman
08-Feb-2007, 07:09 PM
I just call the professionals....

http://www.echo-7.com/LogB/uploaded_images/ghostbusters-789876.JPG

:p

Danny
08-Feb-2007, 08:54 PM
I actually thought the haunted swing was quite convincing. If it was being manipulated by a prankster from a distance then how come it swings so perfectly?

...uhh....because its a swing?, thats what it does?:p

this ones a total fake, but watch these soldiers freak out :lol:

YCw9H4lQeLE

capncnut
08-Feb-2007, 09:57 PM
Yeah, I saw that one before. Classic. :lol:

MaximusIncredulous
08-Feb-2007, 10:22 PM
Reminds me of that little long-haired brat from Hanson playing the piano. :lol:

:lol: That works too.

Neil
08-Feb-2007, 10:27 PM
Regarding the swing, why did the camera just happen to zoom in ready for the beginning of the "action"?

Danny
08-Feb-2007, 10:31 PM
my point exactly. the zoom was just to show there werent people within like 5 metres of it, but thats just all the more fishy.

Neil
08-Feb-2007, 10:35 PM
Okay, Liam pointed me in the direction of this one. I dunno if he put it up previously but I'm posting it anyway. Explain this one then.

VwjZXFbK4GM

Three Mexican kids are playing football in an alleyway. As one of 'em goes to retrieve the ball, an entity (or rather an elongated arm and bald head) just materialises out of nowhere and tries to grab one of them. I know there's gonna be some people on here who will shout, "Camera cut", but that was in fact a zoom-in done by the owner of the cell phone for our viewing pleasure as the original version doesn't display it too well. Here's more info on it. Clickeroo (http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.ikerjimenez.com/especiales/criatura_merida/index.htm&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.ikerjimenez.com/especiales/criatura_merida/index.htm%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D)

Oh FFS! I hate stuff like this! Even though my logical side says it's complete bull, part of me gets the complete heebeegeebies from it :(

Danny
08-Feb-2007, 10:42 PM
i honestly cant see a think in that one.:rockbrow:

MaximusIncredulous
08-Feb-2007, 10:43 PM
Oh FFS! I hate stuff like this! Even though my logical side says it's complete bull, part of me gets the complete heebeegeebies from it :(

I'm just wondering why someone would video a couple of kids playing crappy soccer in a Mexican slum?

Danny
08-Feb-2007, 10:44 PM
yeah, i find myself asking why on a lot of youtube videso myself:lol:

capncnut
08-Feb-2007, 10:45 PM
Apparently the laddy that filmed it wont do any interviews, accept any money or even watch the footage again because of how scare he still is over the experience. Whether it's bull or not, it's still compelling.

Danny
08-Feb-2007, 10:54 PM
mm, id rather believe those spam posts on youtube about the girl on the boat myself.:bored:

Dawg
08-Feb-2007, 11:20 PM
Hmmm... isn't it funny how everytime someone sees a UFO, Big Foot or a Ghost, they have really crappy video/pictures of it? Especially in today's world with the HD digital crap that is in every damn cell phone on the planet or trinket it a cereal box. (I know these are compressed for YouTube, but for God's Sake, I couldn't hardly make any of them out and most of the fakers know this because it is easy to hide the truth, such as fishing lines and masks.)

As for the Ghost Car? This was discussed before and on tv such as Cops before. I believe it was explained that the fence was drove over by the car and bounced back before the cop car managed to drive over it as well.

:dead: Dawg

Neil
08-Feb-2007, 11:55 PM
Apparently the laddy that filmed it wont do any interviews, accept any money or even watch the footage again because of how scare he still is over the experience. Whether it's bull or not, it's still compelling.

Mind you, Amityville Horror was compelling, and look at how much nonsense surrounds that on investigation!

capncnut
09-Feb-2007, 12:18 AM
True. The Amityville story was a pile of old hokum. Nonetheless, the book was awesome!

Besides man, I thought you like Most Haunted and all that.

Neil
09-Feb-2007, 12:24 AM
True. The Amityville story was a pile of old hokum. Nonetheless, the book was awesome!

Besides man, I thought you like Most Haunted and all that.

I used to LOVE Most Haunted. I had some sort of hope, that what was being shown in some footage was not contrived and therefore was of interest.

Over the more recent series it's become more than apparent some events/activity has been staged. And if some of it has been staged then EVERYTHING is questionable... :(

I'm now quite cynical and anti the program :(

capncnut
09-Feb-2007, 12:30 AM
Well, the first series is still sorta worth a damn in my eyes. They weren't really faking then 'cos they were only just starting out with the series. The one at Seuter Lighthouse was awesome. Everything from series two onwards just plain old sucked. :barf:

Neil
09-Feb-2007, 12:33 AM
Well, the first series is still sorta worth a damn in my eyes. They weren't really faking then 'cos they were only just starting out with the series. The one at Seuter Lighthouse was awesome. Everything from series two onwards just plain old sucked. :barf:

There was periodically some odd footage...

There was one where there was almost like flickering static charges around the frame of a picture... Which even now is odd!

However, stuff like the bed and the chair in the hotel room moving over a time elapsed bit of footage I now just look at cynically :(

Can't trust any of it now...

HLS
09-Feb-2007, 12:36 AM

I as well was impressed with the car video. I believe ion ghosts and I have seen ghosts but I thonk they are fake. maybe the car one is real. I believe the swingset is fake because the camera man zoomed in on the swing before it started to move as if he knew it was going to move. Also the chain was kinda flopping around.

capncnut
09-Feb-2007, 12:49 AM
Did anyone see that programme with Gail Porter where that psychic got in touch with Jim Morrison. Man, I never laughed so much in my whole life. Made derek Acorah look like the Gary Oldman of psychics.

The first series of Most Haunted I have a wee bit of respect for because there were some fantastic moments. If they had maybe taken a better approach, dropped Derek and started doing EVP recordings then maybe I might still be watching.

Parazombie
09-Feb-2007, 01:30 AM
I as well was impressed with the car video. I believe ion ghosts and I have seen ghosts but I thonk they are fake. maybe the car one is real. I believe the swingset is fake because the camera man zoomed in on the swing before it started to move as if he knew it was going to move. Also the chain was kinda flopping around.

Many times, people KNOW which swing it's going to be, because normally, only one of the swings move, and it's always the same one. When children are younger, they have particular habits, and the theory is, that's passed over when they die as well. You know, like sitting in the same seat, using the same ball, etc. Using the same swing is one of those. Ghosts who don't know that they have died, so they don't try to communicate with people, and perform the same act repeatedly, is called a "residual haunting."
Like I said, I HAVE seen a single swing move like that before. It's actually a very common occurance, and, like I said, I'm not sure if it IS paranormal. There could be a logical scientific explanation for it, but so far, no one has come up with anything.

Neil
09-Feb-2007, 08:45 AM
There could be a logical scientific explanation for it, but so far, no one has come up with anything.

40ft of fishing wire... One end tied to the swing... The other held in someone's hand... The aforemented hand goes backwards and forwards...

I came up with something :)

HLS
09-Feb-2007, 04:28 PM
Many times, people KNOW which swing it's going to be, because normally, only one of the swings move, and it's always the same one. When children are younger, they have particular habits, and the theory is, that's passed over when they die as well. You know, like sitting in the same seat, using the same ball, etc. Using the same swing is one of those. Ghosts who don't know that they have died, so they don't try to communicate with people, and perform the same act repeatedly, is called a "residual haunting."
Like I said, I HAVE seen a single swing move like that before. It's actually a very common occurance, and, like I said, I'm not sure if it IS paranormal. There could be a logical scientific explanation for it, but so far, no one has come up with anything.

I do believe in these things but the swing kinda flopped around, like there is no weight on it. It looks like it was pulled by a string or something. I do very much believe in paranormal. I lived in a haunted house once and had th Jesus scared out of me and others in the house. But I know not everything out there is real as far as what we see on the internet on a video.

I would love to post more on my experiences but I am sure half the people here would laugh their asses off at me so I will not. lol :) :)

Danny
09-Feb-2007, 05:16 PM
the only wierd thing thats happened to me was when i walking through a graveyard with my dog and he stopped walking, his fur whent on end and he was backing away from a patch of thin air and growling at it, i tried to push him forward a little but he just backed away even more, but then my mom, who was up ahead yelled him and he ran to her, but as he ran past whatever spooked him his head followed the same spot till he past it, not sayin' that was a ghost, but thats pretty wierd.

i think a lot of the times people ,particularly those interested in the paranormal, want to see something so bad that they do, like the whole deal with EVP's, if it is uninteligible static they'll still try to make out a sentence and then wont hear anything but that sentence each and every time they hear it, most things that are "unexplained" can be, its a wierd world we live in and no one knows everything and when it comes to a haunting "outside" theres plenty of variables you dont take into account, you can call yourelf an "expert" in evp's, 'orbs' and whatnot but unless you have degrees and the know how about weather and geology, hell even the make of the swing and how old it is you cant give a scientific explanation and since the dawn of time is been much easier for man to blame something he cannot understand on "spirits" or "witchcraft".

HLS
09-Feb-2007, 05:57 PM
the only wierd thing thats happened to me was when i walking through a graveyard with my dog and he stopped walking, his fur whent on end and he was backing away from a patch of thin air and growling at it, i tried to push him forward a little but he just backed away even more, but then my mom, who was up ahead yelled him and he ran to her, but as he ran past whatever spooked him his head followed the same spot till he past it, not sayin' that was a ghost, but thats pretty wierd.

i think a lot of the times people ,particularly those interested in the paranormal, want to see something so bad that they do, like the whole deal with EVP's, if it is uninteligible static they'll still try to make out a sentence and then wont hear anything but that sentence each and every time they hear it, most things that are "unexplained" can be, its a wierd world we live in and no one knows everything and when it comes to a haunting "outside" theres plenty of variables you dont take into account, you can call yourelf an "expert" in evp's, 'orbs' and whatnot but unless you have degrees and the know how about weather and geology, hell even the make of the swing and how old it is you cant give a scientific explanation and since the dawn of time is been much easier for man to blame something he cannot understand on "spirits" or "witchcraft".

well in one haunted house I lived in my dogs always saw something, they will get up and bark at empty air and they will start following something invisible in the house. Their eyes clearly fixated on something I can not see. It was spooky. We had more than one dog and their eyes were always focused together at the same spot. I would hear odd noises in the basement and the dogs would go nuts. I then would go downstairs and noone would be there. All the doors locked etc...

Danny
09-Feb-2007, 06:12 PM
ive heard of ti before two,a freind of mine lives on an old battlefeild from like the "war of the roses" or something like that and his dogs go wappy over nothing too, bizaarely even if a cats in the room it doesnt get bothered and doesnt act like they do.

a good one my grandad told me was during WWII he was too young to go to the tranches so he was stationed as a guard of a baracks/outpost (during which he tells that they spent a good deal of free time running over rabbits and badgers in the jeep, which proves they were as dumb back then as teenagers are now) and one night he was riding down one of the bombed out routes back to the barracks and he saw a french dressed soldier walking down the road towards him ,he was going slow cus he was almost outta petrol so he was going pretty slow doing the usual "come on you piece of crap dont give out on me yet" thing motorists do, like itll make the petrol last longer:rolleyes:
anyway, he meets the guy asks if he speaks english, he says "a little", he asks were hes going he says "down the road", he asks if he wants a lift", then he goes on talking and looks around for a second and when he lokos back the frenchmans gone, he gets out and looks around and see's nothing, he heads back to the barracks and is told by a guy he still knows who was his superior at the time in there army days that it wasnt the first time a french soldier had been spotted down that lane and then the usual "a french guy died down there a year ago and since he's been seen walking down the same 30 metres of road".
i dont know what to make of it but my grandads a brave bloke who still will not look down from a fight and hes heading into his real real old age but hes no coward, but his freinds all state that since then he wouldnt go down that road in the jeep on his own.

capncnut
09-Feb-2007, 09:11 PM
Cool story Hellz.