PDA

View Full Version : What Wii games are you playing?

axlish
06-Feb-2007, 03:00 PM
I thought I'd create this thread so we can talk about what games we are playing, and if they are worth a crap.

So far I have

Wii Sports (duh) - Very fun, especially Bowling!

Madden 07 - Played the training mode once, haven't played it since, other games are too good. Does anyone want to buy this off of me? ($40 shipped)

WarioWare Smooth Moves - Very fun and wacky game, kinda like a Wii Mario Party. You might get sore playing this one.

Zelda: Twilight Princess - Badarse game but I don't have time for it, playing other games too much.

Excite Truck - Wicked Game! Very addicting and a good level of difficulty. I just picked this one up and have been logging a couple of hours a day since.

Virtual Console Games
Super Mario Brothers (NES)
Gradius (NES)
Street Fighter 2 (SNES)
Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)
Super Mario World (SNES)

Terran
06-Feb-2007, 03:41 PM
Wii Sports (It seems as if every other day Im in a tourney of some kind...usually golf or boxing)

Madden 07 (same situation as above)

Zelda: Twilight Princess (I kindof stopped at this one place because I didnt know where to find gun powder and I didnt feel like looking for it)

Virtual Console Games:
Toe Jam & Earl
Gunstar Heroes (though once I beat it I havent played it since...I suppose I could try harder difficulty levels)

Danny
06-Feb-2007, 04:03 PM
every other day i go round my friends and we spend about 3 hours on wii sports.

that had to come close with gears for game of the eyar last year.

axlish
06-Feb-2007, 04:20 PM
On Zelda, I stopped at the part where you become a wolf, and are trapped in the jail cell. I farted around for a minute and gave up. Does anyone have a tip for me there?

Also, I plan on getting Wii Play on the 14th. Comes with a wii-mote and costs the same as a regular game (49.99).

1LjdOkKGZ4w

Terran
06-Feb-2007, 04:23 PM
Remember to use your wolf instincts almost non stop...

slickwilly13
06-Feb-2007, 05:28 PM
I am not playing any at the moment. I still haven't left the village in Zelda. Maybe one day.

DeadJonas190
07-Feb-2007, 03:58 AM
On Zelda, I stopped at the part where you become a wolf, and are trapped in the jail cell. I farted around for a minute and gave up. Does anyone have a tip for me there?

Face the bars and dig in the right corner by them.

As for the Wii games I am playing right now:

Wii Sports - One of the best, simple yet fun.
Rayman Raving Rabbids - fantastic game, but its tiring.
Trauma Center - It's like playing the show House. Fun as hell.
Zelda - Great game
Wario Ware - So much fun yet so easy to beat... great game.
VC Titles:
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - My favorite Zelda game ever.
Dungeon Explorer - Very hard, but it has a password system so that when you die you can start over with the character powered up to what he/she was. I wouldn't recommend it.
Toe Jam and Earl - A Sega Classic
SimCity - Loved it when I was a kid... not so much now.

I bought Gain Ground Sunday in a Sega Genesis Collection on PS2, but I have been playing that a lot since then and now it is on the VC. I love that game.

capncnut
07-Feb-2007, 01:10 PM
Wii Sports. I've barely had the time to play anything else.

Terran
07-Feb-2007, 02:39 PM
Wii Sports. I've barely had the time to play anything else.

Yeah but I got an 8 under par.....:) ...now I just gotta work on the perfect game for bowling....

DeadJonas190
08-Feb-2007, 03:02 AM
Yeah but I got an 8 under par.....:) ...now I just gotta work on the perfect game for bowling....

I have done that already, but have not been able to repeat the perfect game yet.

The trick is finding that sweet spot where you can hit a strike every time.

Danny
08-Feb-2007, 03:05 AM
aka aiming it an inch away from the sensor bar, pointing at the middle:p

slickwilly13
23-Feb-2007, 06:09 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6166296.html

New Sega Genesis games added to Virtual Console. Vectorman, Sonic Spinball, Sword of Vermillion, and Beyond Oasis . Remember these? I do. :cool:

MikePizzoff
23-Feb-2007, 10:49 AM
I've had Sonic Spinball since it came out. Even owned it for the XBOX in the Sonic Mega Collection. To this day I have never beaten it. I can't get past the damn lava level!!!!!

axlish
23-Feb-2007, 03:18 PM
I haven't added any games since Super Mario World. I have been disappointed with the last few releases.

capncnut
23-Feb-2007, 10:24 PM
Yeah, Sonic Spinball was a bitch.

axlish
24-Feb-2007, 12:05 AM
Zelda: Ocarina of Time comes out next Monday :)

kidgloves
25-Feb-2007, 08:11 PM
Zelda: Ocarina of Time comes out next Monday :)

Its already out in the UK :D

Im playing

1) Excite Truck - so underated its criminal
2) Wii Sports
3) Zelda
4) Red Steel - again underated

capncnut
26-Feb-2007, 12:21 AM
Excite Truck - so underated its criminal
Yeah, Ive been playing this round my mates house. It's an addictive little sucker. :D

axlish
26-Feb-2007, 01:57 AM
I need an S on China and Nebula to unlock the Mirror courses on Excite Truck. It is all I have been playing since I got it about a month ago.

kidgloves
26-Feb-2007, 12:09 PM
VC games i have are:

1) Zelda Ocarina of Time
2) Sonic

I also have Wii Play (worth it for the extra controller)
Not to mention GC games
Resident Evil 1 & 4
Rogue Squadron II
Eternal Darkness
Metroid Prime

Never owned a Gamecube so its a great chance to catch up on the games i missed.
My 360 is gathering dust on the shelf apart from regular gaming nights on Battlestations MIdway(another underated game)

slickwilly13
27-Feb-2007, 07:33 AM
Splatterhouse is coming to VC. http://www.gamespot.com/news/6166443.html I still think Splatterhouse 3 is the best of the series.

axlish
27-Feb-2007, 02:33 PM
I can't wait to snag Splatterhouse.

Other games I am psyched for incude

Rygar
Tecmo Bowl (preferrably either Super, or Tecmo Super)
Dr. Mario

Danny
27-Feb-2007, 04:34 PM
man, 30 days till i get a wii, i cant wait ,zeldas a given for me, excite truck isnt my sort of thing, but the real time terrain altering is mighty impressive, and though i bitch about how i hate the sims and i lvoe animal crossing this new wii game called "my sims" looks cool, but i hope it has online gameplay wih it, that would compel me to buy it.

and just something i noticed, i was out today pricing wii stuff, and while the games are still hard to find at the 20 quid mark like the 360, 'GAME' has nothing in, go to forbidden planet or gamestation and they have all the controllers, consoles and games, game doesnt have a thing, you even have to preorder the nunchuck and wiimotes seperately.:rolleyes:

kidgloves
27-Feb-2007, 07:05 PM
man, 30 days till i get a wii, i cant wait ,zeldas a given for me, excite truck isnt my sort of thing, but the real time terrain altering is mighty impressive

Buy it. I don't know ANYONE whose bought this who hasn't fallen in love with it. I didn't think i would enjoy it either.

and just something i noticed, i was out today pricing wii stuff, and while the games are still hard to find at the 20 quid mark like the 360,

You aren't going to find games at that price so early in the consoles lifespan