PDA

View Full Version : Great article on Music Producer Rick Rubin

DjfunkmasterG
07-Feb-2007, 11:10 AM
Personally I feel Rick Rubin is one of the greatest music producers of all time, and after reading this article that opinion is now cemented in fact!

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Music/02/06/grammywatch.rickrubin.ap/index.html

capncnut
07-Feb-2007, 01:45 PM
Well, the guy produced the album De-Loused In The Comatorium by The Mars Volta and thats one of my favourite albums of all time.

coma
07-Feb-2007, 06:29 PM
He made "Its the Joint" the first 808 hard hip hop beat ever. Convinced Chuick D to form Public Enemy and eccouraged them to go further outside lyrically and musically forver changing music. Molded the Beasties into a hard act from a chesseball unfocused mess. He produced Run DMC bringing the real b boy sound to wax. Produced Slayers best albums. Johnny Cash's comeback records.
Rick Rubin is responsible for many revolutions in music and is a definate model for me. He is, and alwaways will be, the man. His early hiphop records still sound great and still hang a heavy influence whether the influebced know it or not.

"Rubin... and he's working now with Metallica."
Good. He can tell them they suck and are an embarrasement. Maybe they can do adecent record like mater of puppets. Bob Rock sucks