PDA

View Full Version : "hope is emo"

Danny
08-Feb-2007, 03:15 AM
theres a whole site about this damn stuff, spoof or not, there are people at my college like this and all i can say is oh.my.god.

were the frigg did emo's come from anyway?, there like the emotional outbursts of chavs meets the sheer depressing nature of uber-goths.

DAMN YOUSE TIM BURTON!!!, DAMN YOUSE TA' HELL!:lol:

JMvMzQ4Vu-8

capncnut
08-Feb-2007, 03:21 AM
I sincerely hope people like this don't actually exist.

were the frigg did emo's come from anyway?

Damned if I know man. They can all go back there as far as I'm concerned.

Danny
08-Feb-2007, 03:25 AM
oh i assure you they do, they are to me what hippies are to eric cartman, theres one round my college who spent the last 3 months dressed like jack sparrow from pirates of the caribeann.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo_%28slang%29

i think ,on a grand scale, the powers that be have placed chavs and emo's on the world to fight some kidna secret war like in underworld.

...but with an easy outcome, you know the chavs would win, one smack on the back of the head with a white lightnin' bottle filled with stones.

MikePizzoff
08-Feb-2007, 04:29 AM
They're not called "emos"... they're generally labeled "hipsters" or "scenesters".

Why are you accusing this to be Tim Burton's fault? Because of Edward Scissorhands? Try bashing Robert Smith & The Cure, Fugazi, and The Smiths. Well, that's where I'd start blaming, anyway.

capncnut
08-Feb-2007, 04:37 AM
I blame My Chemical Romance and Panic @ The Disco. *loads shotgun with a smile* :D

Danny
08-Feb-2007, 04:50 AM
pretty much all of the above.

_liam_
08-Feb-2007, 12:08 PM
it has bugger all to do with the goth scene, if anything the emo menance arose from straight edge/post hardcore & metalcore scenes.

bands like fugazi and weezer are probably the most popular bands that solidified the sound & aesthetic respectively.

when they first started appearing (before the emo term was coined) we all mistook them for mall goths and used to interrogate them on matters of joy division and bauhaus to see if they actually knew anything about goth music, which they didn't.

i hate to cash in on hatred of a social clique, but emos pretty much all piss me off, theyre nearly all self dramatising, self conscious posers who think theyre all tortured artiste types. total joke.

on a good note though, theyve sort of engineered a begrudging respect between chavs and mosher kids, due to their mutual hatred of emo...

MikePizzoff
08-Feb-2007, 02:07 PM
I always see you guys using the term "chav"... what the hell is a chav?

You can't say emo rose from metalcore because before the sudden uprising of millions of hipsters there weren't very many metalcore bands. I think the two thrive off each other. I'd say it's a combination of a ton of things but shivty pop-punk, Fugazi, and librarians are at the top of my list.

I believe there is a hipster or two on these boards. Sorry guys, but I can't stand your "scene" and if it were up to me you'd all be shipped out to a deserted island where you could practice your stupid farking karate-kicking dance moves, finger points, sing alongs, and doing your hair/make-up.

slickwilly13
08-Feb-2007, 03:35 PM
I always see you guys using the term "chav"... what the hell is a chav?

You can't say emo rose from metalcore because before the sudden uprising of millions of hipsters there weren't very many metalcore bands. I think the two thrive off each other. I'd say it's a combination of a ton of things but shivty pop-punk, Fugazi, and librarians are at the top of my list.

I believe there is a hipster or two on these boards. Sorry guys, but I can't stand your "scene" and if it were up to me you'd all be shipped out to a deserted island where you could practice your stupid farking karate-kicking dance moves, finger points, sing alongs, and doing your hair/make-up.

Here you go. Just some more people I would like to ground and pound.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav

capncnut
08-Feb-2007, 04:12 PM
That was accurate but here's a more concise description:

Foul mouthed, gold chained, tracksuited, Burberry hat wearing, cider drinking, chain smoking, loud, racist, homophobic, granny bashing, disrespectful little s**theads who listen to Lilly Allen and speak in a language only they can understand.

If I forgot something, please add. :D

_liam_
08-Feb-2007, 06:25 PM

:lol:
http://manowar.rockmetal.art.pl/images/small_battle.jpg
DEATH TO FALSE METAL

GET THOSE KIDS ON MANOWAR & PANTERA!

Danny
08-Feb-2007, 08:41 PM
the chav...

L9GP4cxHlUc

Maitreya
09-Feb-2007, 06:33 PM
I don't know if I'm just not English, but I can't understand a single ****ing word they're saying

capncnut
09-Feb-2007, 08:29 PM
Well I'm English and even I can't understand some of the things those annoying little twerps say.

_liam_
09-Feb-2007, 08:56 PM
innit, i hate the misconception that theyre the working class youth of britain too. theyre braindead workin class AND middle class kids (admittedly who fetishise working class culture, but still). chavettes in particular are almost exclusively toff girls.

Danny
09-Feb-2007, 09:00 PM
though they have a whiter trash equivalent "kappa slappers"

aka:vicky polard.:lol: