PDA

View Full Version : "the diaries of the dead"

Danny
10-Feb-2007, 04:56 AM
just found this whilst scoping out crap on the 'tube.

it was uploaded on november 27th 2006, so if its a rip-off or not i dont know, but i think this reminds em of either dj or minionzombies' directing style, one of the two, its eerily similair.

pP_NExopmmY

capncnut
10-Feb-2007, 12:37 PM
One or two sequences were okay but jeez, what the heck was all that about? :confused:

jdog
10-Feb-2007, 04:10 PM
not bad. still better then day of the dead contagium

MinionZombie
10-Feb-2007, 05:44 PM
Hmmm ... I can kinda see how from the start of the film you might make the link, beyond that I don't really think so. It reminds me a bit of my 2004 short "my NIGHTMARE", what with the woodland location and distinct lack of dialogue with weird noise/music type goings on, but like I said, beyond that opening bit that reminds me of "my NIGHTMARE", I don't really see the link...

Still, an interesting short ... like I always say, I like to see people out there making films and getting involved and bothered enough to go out and shoot stuff. :)

HLS
10-Feb-2007, 05:55 PM
It does not stand up to zombie man!:D

capncnut
10-Feb-2007, 07:24 PM
It does not stand up to zombie man!:D

HLS, I think you should watch this.

VHS (http://media.putfile.com/VHS)

MinionZombie
10-Feb-2007, 08:57 PM
HLS, I think you should watch this.

VHS (http://media.putfile.com/VHS)
hehe :thumbsup:

As seen at the Bristol Bloodbath Film Festival where it scored well (except for the comments by the one dickhead who hated everything that was shown :rolleyes:)

:cool:

jdog
11-Feb-2007, 02:14 AM
hehe :thumbsup:

As seen at the Bristol Bloodbath Film Festival where it scored well (except for the comments by the one dickhead who hated everything that was shown :rolleyes:)

:cool:

i liked it. vhs was an original short and well done. i would like to see what you could do with a real budget, bet i would be cool.

Danny
11-Feb-2007, 02:21 AM
and with lots of explosions. (sorry, gearing up for hot fuzz on friday:cool: )
though that does raise a point ,anyone inspired to make a buddy cop short film?:lol:

MinionZombie
11-Feb-2007, 11:11 AM
and with lots of explosions. (sorry, gearing up for hot fuzz on friday:cool: )
though that does raise a point ,anyone inspired to make a buddy cop short film?:lol:
Nope. :D

jdog - that's the thing, it's all very well and good making "literally no budget" films like I do at the moment, but obviously it puts a limit on what you can get up to, I'm just waiting for that opportunity to make a full on indie film with a budget and actors and crew and such (I have an idea in mind, and will pitch it sometime to this creative arts film type group I've worked with before and will be again soon this year ... once I've got it properly put together, you know).

bub21
18-Feb-2007, 12:13 AM
great flick, pretty amatuerish but nonetheless good for what that guy probably had to spend