PDA

View Full Version : the "what song are you listening to now?" thread.

Pages : 1 [2]

_liam_
10-Apr-2007, 01:42 AM
"Leviathan"
by AKERCOCKE

akercocke pwn. they make venom look like choirboys.
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c18/maxphotouk/Opeth%20Akercocke%20Forum%2005/Akercocke/forum07.jpg

Cody
10-Apr-2007, 03:59 AM
"Los"
Rammstein.

MinionZombie
10-Apr-2007, 10:30 AM
Got a song called "Always" (I think) by a band I've forgotten the name of ... they did a song called "Moodswings"...got it stuck in my noggin'...

Otherwise the Grindhouse theme tune - which rocks cocks up and down the street.

capncnut
10-Apr-2007, 12:27 PM
queens of the stone age ,"burn the witch"
Now that's more like it: Mark Lanegan from The Screaming Trees and Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top. Noice choice boice.

What am I listening to? Welcome To The Pleasuredome by Frankie Goes To Hollywood. Fookin' top tune mon! :cool:

Danny
10-Apr-2007, 03:12 PM
Now that's more like it: Mark Lanegan from The Screaming Trees and Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top. Noice choice boice.

damn striaght man, q.o.t.s.a is one of thoose badns were you gotta like at least one of there songs, mainly cus they probably rip ideas from each of the members respective bands http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/yellow10.gif

bassman
10-Apr-2007, 04:04 PM
"The Power of Love" by Huey Lewis and The News.

Yeah....."Back to the Future" is on TV.

I miss The News...:p

capncnut
10-Apr-2007, 04:40 PM
damn striaght man, q.o.t.s.a is one of thoose badns were you gotta like at least one of there songs...
Prime example of QOTSA and Mark Lanegan ripping s**t up. Warning, loud music may make you sterile. :D

OB3KD3pDozw

Lanegan - what a vocalist!

Neil
15-Apr-2007, 11:38 AM
Eric Morillo Ft.Audio Bullys - Break Down The Doors

u58UNsAIYw0

Danny
15-Apr-2007, 08:17 PM
the naruto official soundtrack, theres some catchy tunes in thar':cool:

serously, check out the song 'wind' probably my favourite ending theme to an anime ever.

http://www.narutocentral.com/multimedia/soundtracks/

right now i cant get jhonny cash's when the man comes around out my head:cool:

capncnut
16-Apr-2007, 02:58 PM
right now i cant get jhonny cash's when the man comes around out my head:cool:
It's all about that Orange Blossom Special. Or San Quentin.

MinionZombie
16-Apr-2007, 05:05 PM
I've been trapesing through my old Mix CDs, recently I rediscovered one from back in the (around about 2001) day - "Chemistry" by Semisonic ... such a good, fun track. :) Wicked video with that silver ball flying around some crazy-ass network of stuff in a house as I remember.

Danny
16-Apr-2007, 08:44 PM
i downloaded every song from guitar hero 2 (your missin' out mz!) and am currently nodding my head to mad house by anthrax.

"trapped in this nightmare!......":elol:

MinionZombie
16-Apr-2007, 10:45 PM
I've seen the adverts all over TV (especially Kerrang, :p), it certainly looks like a fun game, definitely one I'd play over a mate's house ... not sure if I'd buy it myself ... like ZM I'm all about the air guitar. :p

Danny
16-Apr-2007, 11:11 PM
yeah but this way looks wya more impressive:lol:

MissJacksonCA
17-Apr-2007, 04:57 AM
I like them they sound like a band that should be featured at the beginning of a James Bond movie

ngm231
18-Jun-2007, 05:38 AM
my spirit will go on- Dragon Force

darth los
18-Jun-2007, 05:47 AM
Buy you a drink - t pain ft. yung joc

mista_mo
18-Jun-2007, 05:54 AM
afterglow-inxs

jdog
18-Jun-2007, 07:45 AM
peace train- cat stevens

MinionZombie
18-Jun-2007, 08:02 AM
I've got "Guitar and a Heart" by M83 in my head, it came on my hi-fi when it woke me up this morning. :cool:

Neil
18-Jun-2007, 10:13 AM
Placebo - Meds

Danny
18-Jun-2007, 10:30 AM
though the fire and flames and fury of the storm by dragon force.

darth los
18-Jun-2007, 03:33 PM
tainted love

capncnut
19-Jun-2007, 11:17 AM
Placebo - Meds
RED HOT album, Neil. Can't fault a single track on it! Their best album since Black Market Music. :cool:

darth los
19-Jun-2007, 05:51 PM
Bring me to life- evanessence

Danny
20-Jun-2007, 07:24 PM
^i dont care if there christian rock i still tap my toe to evanescense, just cus there all christian a lot of people put em down.

my spirit will go on- Dragon Force

a man after me own heart, i just cant get enough of dragon force lately, currnelty listening to above the wintermoonlight.
and a song called fallen leaves by some band called billy talent, no ive never heard of em either.

darth los
20-Jun-2007, 07:27 PM
^i dont care if there christian rock i still tap my toe to evanescense, just cus there all christian a lot of people put em down.

*high five* :eek:

walking on the moon -sting

capncnut
20-Jun-2007, 07:57 PM
The Drainer - Blindfold.

Review of DVW5150's latest demo coming shortly. :D

Neil
20-Jun-2007, 08:24 PM
RED HOT album, Neil. Can't fault a single track on it! Their best album since Black Market Music. :cool:

I like it... :)

darth los
21-Jun-2007, 12:10 AM
who can it be now-men at work

capncnut
21-Jun-2007, 05:27 PM
Carly Simon - Why? (extended mix)

darth los
21-Jun-2007, 05:31 PM
the Message- Grandmaster flash and the furious 5( when rap was rap)

Graebel
21-Jun-2007, 06:19 PM
Godspeed You Black Emperor - The Dead Flag Blues

darth los
21-Jun-2007, 06:57 PM
one last breath- creed

Danny
13-Jul-2007, 04:55 AM
*trying to keep the thread afloat after the post count 'thang*

got the aquabats album "charge!" last week and have been listening to it everyday;) really gets stuck in your head.

darth los
13-Jul-2007, 05:32 AM
maybe baby- buddy holly

MinionZombie
13-Jul-2007, 03:03 PM
I've got the Grindhouse themetune circling in my head...

acealive1
13-Jul-2007, 10:59 PM
KISS - War Machine

capncnut
14-Jul-2007, 01:06 AM
Smashing Pumpkins - Bring the Light

RustyHicks
14-Jul-2007, 01:11 AM
I love Rock and roll Joan Jett.

Yorkie
14-Jul-2007, 01:13 AM
Richard Marx - Hazard

Danny
14-Jul-2007, 01:57 AM
since im just back from playing a 6pm till 2am guitar hero plus pool table plus free drinks party i cannot get message in a bottle by the police outta my head.

mista_mo
14-Jul-2007, 03:15 AM
Georgia on my mind- Ray charles

coma
14-Jul-2007, 03:21 AM
Beatles And your Bird can sing.
Revolver is a great record, dammit!

Danny
02-Aug-2007, 04:54 PM
with the new halooween trailer ive dug out my copy of hellbilly delux, now thats a great album:cool:

MinionZombie
02-Aug-2007, 06:00 PM
with the new halooween trailer ive dug out my copy of hellbilly delux, now thats a great album:cool:
Ah classic, back in the day that...:)

I've been into the OST for The Thing, also been digging some HIM, Cathedral, M83 and tracks from the Outlaws soundtrack (the game, not the "meh" movie...)

Ironic that "Outlaw" is singular, because it features several outlaws ... where's the pluralisation?! :lol:

*runs off into a pedantic binge*

bassman
06-Aug-2007, 01:08 PM
Bleh....all of Zombie's solo stuff is dull and repetitive. White Zombie is the way to go. "La Sexorcisto" being their absolute best.

Danny
09-Aug-2007, 04:23 AM
right now ive been listening to the 69 eyes all night ,there good but they blatantly wish they were danzig/misfits:lol:

MinionZombie
09-Aug-2007, 10:43 AM
right now ive been listening to the 69 eyes all night ,there good but they blatantly wish they were danzig/misfits:lol:
They also wish they were vampires too, hehe, but aye they rock.

I've got that "boys are back in town" jingle from that advert, but the bit where the chick sings it like a bloke...also got the Home Improvement theme tune rolling around in my head, and the sound of me scratching at my wrist, which has gotten all itchy and blotchy like I've been bitten...:eek:

Danny
09-Aug-2007, 02:22 PM
ah yeah, thats called "360 hand", a common ailment if your new to a 360 console:lol:

slickwilly13
09-Aug-2007, 03:53 PM
I was listening to Rick Astley. Not by choice, though.

Cykotic
09-Aug-2007, 04:06 PM
Eyes of the Insane - Slayer

CornishCorpse
10-Aug-2007, 11:31 PM
Manu Chao- Welcome to Tijuana

Danny
10-Aug-2007, 11:42 PM
day of the dead by the misfits.

-oh that remidns me, there playin there 30th aniversary gig at rock cty in a few weeks.

MinionZombie
11-Aug-2007, 11:25 AM
"What's My Age Again?" by Blink182...it's on MTV Flux right now, whatever the f*ck happened to VH-2?! :rolleyes:

Maitreya
12-Aug-2007, 08:48 PM
I've got on a little bit of Bob Dylan, With God On Our Side. Amazing stuff, amazing stuff.

coma
12-Aug-2007, 11:21 PM
I've got on a little bit of Bob Dylan, With God On Our Side. Amazing stuff, amazing stuff.
That's a good one. I listened to that earlier today:D

Maitreya
13-Aug-2007, 04:50 PM
Oh yea, The Times They Are A-Changin' hasn't left my CD player for the past 3 days.

Danny
13-Aug-2007, 10:13 PM
not something of my choosing but my mom was listening to kids in america today adn ic atn get that damn song outta my bloody head, its almost as bad as the oompa loompa song.

after getting that out my head right now my playlist is:

dragon force -cry of the brave/ black fire/ heart of a dragon
fallout boy - thanks for the memories
linkin park - what ive done (seriously check out that song and watch my avatar, there in perfect synch, damn thats eeiry:lol:)
the rolling sotne- jumpin' jack flash
the white stripes - icky thump
misfits - astro zombies (im ashamed to say i think danzig sounds like he had a stroke in this one and find i prefer the my chemical romance cover form tony hawks american wasteland more...yes im ashamed of myself)

im in a wierd mood musically tonight huh?:|

MinionZombie
14-Aug-2007, 10:55 AM
*staggers out of shed, looking like a disheveled country bumpkin*

This week, I 'av b'in mostly list'nin' to, the STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl theme choon...

*pauses for laugh track*

*shuffles back inside*

(for anyone who doesn't get that reference, forshame! It's comedy gold.)

Danny
14-Aug-2007, 02:27 PM
*nods knowingly and grins at a bloody good fast show reference*

"this week i ave been mostly eatin' bour-bon buiscats!":)

Danny
15-Sep-2007, 02:41 AM
*attempts to bring a thread back form the rbink*

deep purple: highway star
kiss: strutter
ok go: here it goes again
dragonforce: soldiers of the wasteland
ouendan OST: ready steady go
freezepop: less talk more rokk
birthday massacre: under the stairs

..im listening to some wierd stuff lately.

ProfessorChaos
15-Sep-2007, 04:13 AM
killin' in the name of-RATM

my gf is tearing this track up on gh right now!!!

and we're getting fit-shaced tonight!!!

fridays rule!!!

capncnut
15-Sep-2007, 06:02 AM
kiss: strutter
Tune mate. :cool:

MinionZombie
15-Sep-2007, 11:33 AM
I've got the Death Proof OST in my head, particularly:

"The Last Race" — Jack Nitzsche
"Hold Tight" - Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Titch
"Chick Habit" - April March

Neil
15-Sep-2007, 12:18 PM
FUaBkSK2-rg

cymruambyth
19-Sep-2007, 08:58 PM
I predict a riot by The Kaiser Chiefs quite appropriate for this day and age

Danny
19-Sep-2007, 09:15 PM
Just bought HIM's new album venus doom from Hoomv', adn even if you dont like there past stuff youll probably like this if your a metal fan, bloody good album.

capncnut
20-Sep-2007, 12:19 AM
Band Organ Medley by Doctor LaVey. Most soothing.

Yojimbo
30-Sep-2007, 08:51 PM
Debaser - THE PIXIES

I don't care if they aren't hip anymore, I love the PIXIES!

Danny
30-Sep-2007, 09:14 PM
Im guessing you were glad they made the songlist on rock band then?

Me im still listening to venus doom, it still rocks, but also the burning crusade soundtrack, even though im not playing warcraft anymore.

Yojimbo
30-Sep-2007, 09:19 PM
Im guessing you were glad they made the songlist on rock band then?

Indeed. I am going to have to shell out the money for that one upon release, brother, and shall be among the geeks in line outside of the store on release day. What an awsome list that is!

Danny
30-Sep-2007, 09:29 PM
i kinda wanna grab the mic and scream my lungs out on highway star myself:D

-oh and im currently ripping CKY: infiltrate destroy rebuild onto my pc, i got sick of that but its liek new again and i love it.

ProfessorChaos
01-Oct-2007, 08:57 AM
"master exploder" by tenacious d

i do not need.....
(he does not need)
a microphone
(a microphone)
my voice is fu(kin' POWERFUUUUUUUUUL:lol:

sheer genius...amazing guitar riffs.

MinionZombie
01-Oct-2007, 09:38 AM
I, like hellsing, have been digesting a lot of the Venus Doom album lately, but I've also been digging the new Foo Fighters album "Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace".

I currently have the orchestral rendition of "Spider-Pig" running around in my head, hehe, and have recently also been listening to "What I've Done" by Linkin Park, which I suddenly started liking (not bothering with the rest of that album), but hmmm...I like that one song now, anyway...

The two remixes on the limited edition of "Venus Doom" as well, which are rather good, and I'm also thinking about adding a bit more 69 Eyes to my repertoire...

Hellsing - the new CKY album comes out sometime early next year, it sounds good and is apparently far better than the troubled "An Answer Can Be Found"...I also heard about a re-release of "Volume 1", but haven't heard anything more on it.

capncnut
01-Oct-2007, 01:24 PM
Death From Above 1979 - You're a Woman, I'm a Machine :cool:

Danny
02-Oct-2007, 01:26 AM
im on a bit of a misfits kick today, my favourites of the day ebing astro zombies, day of the dead, halloween, teenage from mars, die die my darling and hybrid moments.

capncnut
02-Oct-2007, 02:01 AM
'Bags' by Public Image Ltd.

ProfessorChaos
02-Oct-2007, 04:05 AM
im on a bit of a misfits kick today, my favourites of the day ebing astro zombies, day of the dead, halloween, teenage from mars, die die my darling and hybrid moments.

for my money, the misfits are the best punk band of all time.

MinionZombie
02-Oct-2007, 09:47 AM
All this talk of the Misfits has got "I wanna be a NY Ranger" in my head ... and I like it. :)

CornishCorpse
02-Oct-2007, 10:24 PM
[QUOTE]for my money, the misfits are the best punk band of all time.[QUOTE]

: Cough : Dead Kennedys : Cough :

Serj Tankian- Birds of Paradise

Its surprisingly good not sure if he has left soad and dont really care not being a fan of theirs but this music is hot shizzle in my opinion, him being self indulgent and belting out some odd tunes.

Also if anyone is looking for something a bit diffrent type Voltaire into youtube..Its odd music. Its upbeat folk gorey goth music..Ive never been so happy to hear someone singing about being evicerated.

Danny
02-Oct-2007, 10:30 PM
im currently listening to the soundtrack to obscure 2, theres a link in a thread in the games section to downlaod it off the artists site, wierd wailing, french choirs and orchestral/classical horror music, pretty good october listening ,plus ,yknow, its FREE so i can recommend it.

almost as good as the work by akira yamoaka.

almost.

capncnut
03-Oct-2007, 03:00 PM
X-Ray Spex - Germfree Adolescents

phorbin
12-Oct-2007, 05:44 AM
when i die
burry me deep
put two speakers at my feet
place a headset on my head
and always play the grateful dead

Danny
12-Oct-2007, 06:20 AM
lynyrd skynyrd - freebird *holds imaginary lighter up*

Danny
17-Oct-2007, 01:19 PM
today i cannot get HIM's endless dark out of my head, its worse than the oompah loompa song.;)

MinionZombie
17-Oct-2007, 06:35 PM
today i cannot get HIM's endless dark out of my head, its worse than the oompah loompa song.;)
No way, that song's awesome.

Or do you mean having it stuck there cycling over and over again is as bad as having the Oompa Loompa song stuck going round-and-round, which is likely because it's catchy?

Danny
17-Oct-2007, 07:05 PM
that i do squire,that i do;)

ProfessorChaos
17-Oct-2007, 07:45 PM
"dogs" by pink floyd:D

capncnut
17-Oct-2007, 09:19 PM
"dogs" by pink floyd:D
Qwality choon. :cool:

CornishCorpse
17-Oct-2007, 10:05 PM
Nine Lives-Cat empire. Ozzy Acid Jazz. Priceless.

Danny
20-Oct-2007, 12:33 PM
damn youz kaos ,now ive got dragonforces operation ground and pound in my head nonstop.

which aint bad but the voice in my heads gone deaf:lol:

ngm231
23-Oct-2007, 04:44 AM
anarchy in the uk
sex pistols

capncnut
23-Oct-2007, 01:04 PM
anarchy in the uk
sex pistols
Good choice, NGM. :sneaky:

Danny
23-Oct-2007, 01:10 PM
day of the dead - the misfits.

Danny
28-Oct-2007, 03:49 PM
a freind sent me a song when she was on msn by a band called rasputina, the songs "the new zero", its pretty cool, kind of like apocalyptica, only less depressing.

ProfessorChaos
28-Oct-2007, 05:35 PM
day of the dead - the misfits.

for like the last decade, the only thing i listen to on halloween is the misfits....all day long.:skull:

classic misfits, of course...not the name-rape misfits.:lol:

capncnut
28-Oct-2007, 06:37 PM
Can't listen to anything 'cos my ears are ringing from last night's concert.

ProfessorChaos
28-Oct-2007, 06:43 PM
what concert?

capncnut
28-Oct-2007, 07:02 PM
The Sex Pistols Experience (tribute band), which is a nice warm up gig for the real Pistols next month. I'm all smashed to bits but it was worth it though as I got to meet Rik Mayall.

ProfessorChaos
28-Oct-2007, 07:04 PM
i may go and see the aussie pink floyd show, as they are coming to st. louis next month.

anyone ever checked them out?

capncnut
28-Oct-2007, 07:08 PM
i may go and see the aussie pink floyd show, as they are coming to st. louis next month.
Yes, I have friends who have seen them and say that APF are spectacular. Actually Prof I thought of you as I took the train journey to Central London last night because the route passes through Battersea and it always slows down by the Power Station (the building on the front cover of Animals) and at one point, you are right next it almost.

Yojimbo
10-Nov-2007, 01:12 AM
Almost hate to admit it, but I am listening to the Sprites, that awfully catchy George Romero tune.

Danny
10-Nov-2007, 01:17 AM
i*aquired* the stubbs the zombie soundtrack, modern rock reworkings of the likes of "mr sandman", "earth angel", "my boyfreinds back" ,"lolipop" and "there goes my baby". its not the kind of thing i like but i enjoyed them whilst munching co-op brins in stubbs and there pretty catchy.

-plus rapsutina and HIM as i have been the last 3 odd weeks.

Mike70
10-Nov-2007, 01:55 AM
bastards of young by the replacements

clean your baby room
trash that baby boom
elvis in the ground
no way no beer tonight
income tax deduction
one hell of a function
but it beats picking cotton
and waiting to be forgotten

a willingness to claim us
we got no war to name us

we are the sons of no one
the bastards of young

kortick
10-Nov-2007, 06:14 AM
me so horny

2 live crew

Yojimbo
10-Nov-2007, 07:56 PM
i*aquired* the stubbs the zombie soundtrack, modern rock reworkings of the likes of "mr sandman", "earth angel", "my boyfreinds back" ,"lolipop" and "there goes my baby". its not the kind of thing i like but i enjoyed them whilst munching co-op brins in stubbs and there pretty catchy.

-plus rapsutina and HIM as i have been the last 3 odd weeks.

Hellsing: How is Stubbs as a game? It's out of the shops now, but still can be had. Just wondering if it is worth my time to get.

ngm231
02-Dec-2007, 04:58 AM
rock n' roll high school, the ramones

capncnut
02-Dec-2007, 07:12 AM
Ah, NGM is going through his punk phase. :cool:

Last song I listened to was 'Do You Love Me' by KISS.

Danny
22-Dec-2007, 11:06 PM
Hellsing: How is Stubbs as a game? It's out of the shops now, but still can be had. Just wondering if it is worth my time to get.

fantastic, the settings post retro 50's futuristic with hover cadillacs and stuff and you control stubbs like the warthog in halo, one sitck for movement, the other for camera, its easy to grasp since it was made in the engine for halo 1.
the sountracks bitchin' and while a little short the 2 player co-op rocks, and the level were you raid a boarded up farmhouse is awesome. i can totally recommend it.

-oh and for an early chrimbo igft my freinds all pitche din and got me the complete aquabats iscography, and you cant be pissed when listening to em, i daresay they could calm kerry king down, at elast a little.

Danny
05-Feb-2008, 06:39 PM
for some reason ive had an unshakeable urge to listen to the on by one album by the foo fighters, so i have been.

MinionZombie
05-Feb-2008, 08:37 PM
for some reason ive had an unshakeable urge to listen to the on by one album by the foo fighters, so i have been.
I've returned to my favourite album - "Razorblade Romance" by HIM. Great stuff. :)

Mutineer
05-Feb-2008, 10:32 PM
Revolution Calling - Queensryche.

capncnut
06-Feb-2008, 03:14 AM
HIM
Awful band, reminds me of Bam Margera prancing about like a cock.

Currently playing Lynyrd Skynyrd Live At Knebworth 1976. :cool:

Danny
06-Feb-2008, 01:15 PM
I've returned to my favourite album - "Razorblade Romance" by HIM. Great stuff. :)

bloody good album though i prefer greatest love songs vol.666 me'self, but venus dooms good too.

MinionZombie
06-Feb-2008, 01:49 PM
Everytime I listen to RR, it takes me back to when I first listened to it in my first year at university. Just in from the shops on a cold rainy day, about dinner time, it was pitch black outside, the smell of student cooking was throughout the res, I was rockin' my awesome suede coat I'd recently gotten ... just takes me back to that moment every time and chucks a smile all over my mush. :)

Danny
22-Feb-2008, 11:58 AM
after starting bioshock again i downloaded somewhere beyond the sea by frank sinatra and its been playing for the last hour or so amongst the usual crap.

blind2d
22-Feb-2008, 12:24 PM
at the copa - by barry manilow

Danny
01-Mar-2008, 11:28 PM
After waqtching american pie 2 today for the first time since 2002 im rocking the soundtrack all night.

MinionZombie
02-Mar-2008, 01:30 PM
I've been listening to a few new M83 tracks, such as "Sister", "By The Kiss" and "Colouring The Void", love it...I'm all about shoegazing at the moment.

hellsing - diggin' the avatar. :cool:

mista_mo
02-Mar-2008, 01:41 PM
wannabe- spice girls

blind2d
03-Mar-2008, 11:58 AM
Bullet - The Cinematic Underground

Mike70
08-Apr-2008, 11:40 PM
prowler by iron maiden. fact, i'm listening to the part where it comes out of the guitar solo and gets super fast.

p2501
09-Apr-2008, 12:17 AM
dead reckoning - clint mansell

capncnut
09-Apr-2008, 12:34 AM
prowler by iron maiden.
"Well you see me crawling through the bushes with it open wide,
what you seeing girl?" :D

I listened to their first five albums earlier this week.

Mike70
09-Apr-2008, 12:38 AM
"Well you see me crawling through the bushes with it open wide,
what you seeing girl?" :D

I listened to their first five albums earlier this week.

"got me feelin myself and reelin around. got me talkin but nothings with me."

they never leave my itunes.

capncnut
26-May-2008, 02:51 AM
BEST song of 2008 so far.

k2CFDsG_oxg

Little band from Belgium called dEUS. You know you like it. :D

Tricky
28-May-2008, 08:41 PM
Listening to pink floyds "wish you were here" at the moment,ive learned it on guitar cos its a great song!one of those ones that makes you reflect on things

Mike70
30-May-2008, 02:33 AM
listening to "chant to king selassie I" by augustus pablo. deep roots reggae. great stuff.

capncnut
30-May-2008, 06:20 PM
Listening to Filter's new album, 'Anthems For The Damned'. Ain't bad as it goes.

Danny
30-May-2008, 10:03 PM
jonathan coultons thing a week music, the dude wrote a song a week for a freakin' year!

MinionZombie
31-May-2008, 12:44 PM
The M83 album "Digital Shades Vol. 1" - superb. :)

Danny
15-Jun-2008, 10:28 PM
a compilation cd of live performed silent hill music, great stuff.

capncnut
16-Jun-2008, 08:54 AM
a compilation cd of live performed silent hill music, great stuff.
<twiddles Hellsing's mandolin> :lol:

Been listening to a two disc Blockheads collection. My loves it! :hyper:

DjfunkmasterG
16-Jun-2008, 12:15 PM
Listening to Cosign to Oblivion by Epica

EvilNed
16-Jun-2008, 01:39 PM
Truth be told, I'm listening to the Star Trek First Contact OST. :p

JasonEdw
10-Sep-2008, 04:23 AM
Big Lurch - "Ten Toes"
Lurch is a rapper doing a life sentence for eating a woman's lung high on PCP...

ProfessorChaos
08-Dec-2008, 10:16 PM
"come on eileen" by dexy's midnight runners popped up on the radio the other day, and has since been stuck in my head.

blind2d
09-Dec-2008, 03:06 AM
Theme song from first season of Pokemon... you know I rock.

ProfessorChaos
27-Dec-2008, 05:24 PM
Houses of the Holy by Led Zeppelin....at an ungodly volume

blind2d
28-Dec-2008, 03:17 AM
Town called malice - the jam

Tricky
28-Dec-2008, 11:08 AM
Anything by Airbourne at the moment,ive got seriously into that band lately,they've single handedly brought back proper rock music :evil:

IfZud9NkBhY

_L66QxVaJRc

Craig
28-Dec-2008, 01:58 PM
I've been listening to Down pretty much exclusively. I got their third album from my bro for Christmas so I've been 'breaking it in' so to speak. Couple of my favourite tracks for anyone interested:

4P77zcV-ouI&fmt=18

CpobPlO6HHY&fmt=18

bigmonkey2582
02-Jan-2009, 12:16 AM
the Ballad of resurrection joe and rosa whore - Rob Zombie.

ProfessorChaos
02-Jan-2009, 01:35 AM
just burned a fattie while listening to "new year's day" by U2....which is one of the only songs by U2 worth listening to, imo...but that doesn't mean it's not an awesome song to listen to whilst you get uber-baked on new years day.

bigmonkey2582
02-Jan-2009, 04:38 PM
Electric Head Part 2 - White Zombie.

capncnut
02-Jan-2009, 04:51 PM
fOiuDAPHxCE

:D

bigmonkey2582
02-Jan-2009, 08:14 PM
From the American Psycho soundtrack,

True Faith by New Order.

Danny
02-Jan-2009, 08:50 PM
"20 20 24 hours to go-o-oooo..."

bigmonkey2582
02-Jan-2009, 11:06 PM
You Spin Me Round - Dope

dont wanna know your name
And I, do want your private number, baby
All I know is that to me
You look like you're lots of fun
Open up your loving arms
Hear whats up,whats up!

I set my sights on you, and no one else will do
And I,I, I, I, I've got to have my way now, baby
All I know is that to me
Open up your loving arms
Watch,out here I come

You spin me right round baby, right round,
Like a record baby, right round, round, round,
Like a record baby, right round, round, round

I,dont want to be your friend now baby,
but I,I wanna move in just a little bit closer
All I know is that to me,
You look like you’re lots of fun,
Open up your loving arms
Watch out here I come

Open up your loving arms
Watch out, here I come

Like a record baby, right round, round, round.

bigmonkey2582
06-Jan-2009, 05:45 PM
"Blood, Milk, And Sky" - White Zombie

The siren sings a
Lonely song of all the
Wants and hungers
The lust of love a brute
Desire - the ledge of life
Goes under - Divide the
Dream into the flesh
Kaleidoscope and -
Candle eyes - Empty
Winds scrape on the
Soul - but never stop
To realize -
Animal whisperings
Intoxicate the night
Hypnotize the deperate
Slow motion light - Wash
Away into the rain
Blood, milk and sky
Hollow moons illuminate
And beauty never dies
Running wild running blind
I breathe the body deep
1,000 years beside myself
I do not sleep - Seduce
The world it never
Screams Dead water lies
Ride the only one who
Knows - Beauty never dies

blind2d
06-Jan-2009, 11:34 PM
The Ramones, Hellsing? far out.
Er... Rock It - Murdoc's band.

clanglee
07-Jan-2009, 12:23 AM
You Spin Me Round - Dope

dont wanna know your name
And I, do want your private number, baby
All I know is that to me
Open up your loving arms
Hear whats up,whats up!

I set my sights on you, and no one else will do
And I,I, I, I, I've got to have my way now, baby
All I know is that to me
Open up your loving arms
Watch,out here I come

Like a record baby, right round, round, round

I,dont want to be your friend now baby,
but I,I wanna move in just a little bit closer
Open up your loving arms
Watch out here I come

Open up your loving arms
Watch out, here I come

Like a record baby, right round, round, round.

Oh God. . I hate to correct you on this. . .really really do because I'm embarrased to know this. But You Spin me Right round was Dead or Alive. *shudders*

What song am I listening to? Well. . .hmmm. . nothing right now(at work) But I do have California Uber Alles stuck in my head. Dunno why. Probably to get Right round baby to go away.

bigmonkey2582
07-Jan-2009, 12:38 AM
I know this, I was listening to the Dope cover version, which is about the only cover song I like.

clanglee
07-Jan-2009, 03:30 AM
Hmmm. . not familiar. Can't be worse than the original tho.

Mike70
07-Jan-2009, 01:11 PM
nautical disaster by the tragically hip, the best straight out rock band in the world. period. end of discussion.

e8Fi46BFAF0

I had this dream where I relished
The fray and the screaming filled my head all day
It was as though I'd been spit there, settled in , into a pocket
Of a lighthouse on some rocky socket,
Off the coast of France, Dear

One afternoon, four thousand men died in the water here
and five hundred more were thrashing madly as parasites might in your blood
Now I was in a lifeboat designed for ten and ten only,
Anything that systematic would get you hated.
It's not a deal nor a test nor a love of something fated.
The selection was quick, the crew was picked, in order and
those left in the water got kicked off our pant leg and we headed for home.

Then the dream ends when the phone rings
"You doing alright?" he said, "it's out there ,most days and nights
But only a fool would complain."
Anyway Susan, if you like our conversation is as faint a sound in my memory
As those fingernails scratching on the hull

3pidemiC
07-Jan-2009, 05:40 PM
"Party at Ground Zero" by Fishbone

vrONIb9gQ-k

bassman
07-Jan-2009, 07:20 PM
lately been listening to a lot of ....

Chevelle,
bZzcZSFKPQc&hl=en&fs=1

Tom Petty,
Wy_QVE2lJ1o&hl=en&fs=1

and The Travelling Wilburys.
Cp6KT0nwfo4&hl=en&fs=1

Philly_SWAT
07-Jan-2009, 07:40 PM
I am listening to the opening credits song from the A-Team.

Danny
08-Jan-2009, 10:07 PM
on a whim i got Michael Jackson's number ones album off itunes and ive been nodding my head and done the cracker squirm to beat it, thriller, billy jean and dont stop till you get enough.

Mike70
08-Jan-2009, 10:47 PM
on a whim i got Michael Jackson's number ones album off itunes and ive been nodding my head and done the cracker squirm to beat it, thriller, billy jean and dont stop till you get enough.

on a whim huh?:shifty:

you're not moonwalking across your house in a red jacket wearing a single glove are you? i hope not, you'd look ridiculous in a jeri curl:D

ever heard chris cornell's version of billie jean?

c2MgwAJrfXo

krakenslayer
08-Jan-2009, 10:50 PM
Iron Fire - Ironhead

GkWzH_57yVw

ProfessorChaos
28-Apr-2009, 11:49 PM
"you never give me your money" by the beatles...which makes me wanna learn how play piano.

been on a bit of a beatles kick lately...mainly their lesser-known stuff, the likes of which don't get played on the radio as much as all their "i wanna hold your hand" poppy-shit.

another excellent track by the fab 4 which you never hear on the radio is "i want you (she's so heavy)"

capncnut
29-Apr-2009, 01:20 AM
I'm currently cranking:

XUw4lfjotKs
_KzwUVwsch8
:cool:

Dachan-da
29-Apr-2009, 07:47 AM
LITTLE RICHARD - LONG TALL SALLY

Just gota dance to this :D

krakenslayer
29-Apr-2009, 05:17 PM
Here's one about our beloved Somalian brothers:

YaKiNw0JFPE

clanglee
29-Apr-2009, 08:46 PM
I've been listening to "A Wolf Like Me" by TV on the Radio a lot recently.

Actually that whole album, "Return to Cookie Mountain" is just plain awesome.

MoonSylver
30-Apr-2009, 05:49 AM
Uncle Ted, The Nuge "Great White Buffalo"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a4ZQQgC8D9o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a4ZQQgC8D9o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Robin Trower "Day of the Eagle" & "Bridge of Sighs"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mq2Z1-7d8J0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mq2Z1-7d8J0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JFyfKcanJ6k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JFyfKcanJ6k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Stevie Ray Vaughan & Jeff Beck "I'm Goin' Down"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X1f8cf-Dc4I&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X1f8cf-Dc4I&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Old skool Crue

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aTRjgNzwY2I&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aTRjgNzwY2I&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IhVsEFFfTic&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IhVsEFFfTic&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5BesEeOzcFg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5BesEeOzcFg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bPVaxMSoQHE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bPVaxMSoQHE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Crystal Method "Born Too Slow"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-9MFrRyfQek&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-9MFrRyfQek&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Chemical Bros "Block Rockin' Beats"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MaU5qkQJ1e4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MaU5qkQJ1e4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Combichrist "This Shit Will Fuck You Up"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tHl5EO77Rn4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tHl5EO77Rn4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Lords of Acid "Rough Sex"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cwma20rx7Dk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cwma20rx7Dk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Bauhaus "Bela Lugosi's Dead"

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UZz9bNKbsmo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UZz9bNKbsmo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Dachan-da
30-Apr-2009, 06:30 AM
Jeff Buckley = Grace

ProfessorChaos
30-Apr-2009, 09:34 PM
christ, moon...i think when they say now, they mean now...not what's the last twenty songs you've listened to...

unless you listen to 'em all at the same time to pick up coded messages...:shifty:

MoonSylver
30-Apr-2009, 10:21 PM
christ, moon...i think when they say now, they mean now...not what's the last twenty songs you've listened to...

unless you listen to 'em all at the same time to pick up coded messages...:shifty:

:D

I was going through Youtube & checking stuff out, adding it to the post as I went & then just posted it all in one shot. Seemed easier than posting a different one every 10 minutes or so.;)

Dachan-da
05-May-2009, 01:31 PM
Teen spirit = Nirvana cover by Tory Amos

Danny
05-May-2009, 05:35 PM
All along the watchtower from the watchmen soundtrack.

MinionZombie
05-May-2009, 05:52 PM
Hellsing - have you heard the new CKY track "Hellions On Parade"?

If not, check it out, from the new album of course - I dig it - already sounding a lot better than their previous album from what, 4 years ago now?

Heard "A#1 Roller Rager" today for the first time as well, noice.

Danny
05-May-2009, 08:07 PM
Hellsing - have you heard the new CKY track "Hellions On Parade"?

If not, check it out, from the new album of course - I dig it - already sounding a lot better than their previous album from what, 4 years ago now?

Heard "A#1 Roller Rager" today for the first time as well, noice.

waiting for the cd release, i was talking with a few guys on the set of my final uni project during a break on filming and we got on the topic of cky and we all pretty much agreed that there not the same and for a few of us this is the "last break" album, if its great ,rad, if its not, its the final nail in the coffin for a few of us, i mean sure HIM aint the same but theyve kept coming up with new shit you can tap your fingers on your desk to but in recent years cky is a bunch of dudes in there early 30's or somethign close writing songs like angry teenagers, and its more than a bit cringeworthy yknow?

if you gotta whine about paying bills and feeding your kids in interviews its not angst anymore, its blues.

actually, they should go and do a jazz blues album, just because no one would see it coming.

bassman
05-May-2009, 08:15 PM

Don't you mean from Dylan's "John Wesley Harding" album?:p

Speaking of Dylan...his latest album, "Together Through Life" is pretty damn good if anyone is interested.

Danny
05-May-2009, 09:04 PM
speaking of "the times they are a changin'" follow by "im a boogie man":cool:

blind2d
05-May-2009, 10:20 PM
dog inside your body - butthole surfers. one of the coolest song titles ever.

MinionZombie
06-May-2009, 10:10 AM
waiting for the cd release, i was talking with a few guys on the set of my final uni project during a break on filming and we got on the topic of cky and we all pretty much agreed that there not the same and for a few of us this is the "last break" album, if its great ,rad, if its not, its the final nail in the coffin for a few of us, i mean sure HIM aint the same but theyve kept coming up with new shit you can tap your fingers on your desk to but in recent years cky is a bunch of dudes in there early 30's or somethign close writing songs like angry teenagers, and its more than a bit cringeworthy yknow?

if you gotta whine about paying bills and feeding your kids in interviews its not angst anymore, its blues.

actually, they should go and do a jazz blues album, just because no one would see it coming.
Although to be fair they haven't had a new album in 4 years - An Answer Can Be Found - which was one they all admit their heart wasn't in. Then they broke up for a year or two between that and now this new one about to come out.

From the samples and tracks that I've heard so far, it's good.

Vol. 1 and IDR were both awesome, so one dud album (AACBF) and damn near writing them off is a bit harsh I'd say.

Tricky
06-May-2009, 06:20 PM
voBNpdXkLnU
9Ku6gagYh80
uIFUSx3-NBY

Quality come back from the prodigy boys after 11 years of mediocre output,new albums back to the awesomeness of jilted generation & fat of the land! :cool:

MinionZombie
11-May-2009, 06:37 PM
iS9RPyznAPg

I've not heard a lot of A Flock Of Seagulls, but what I have heard, I like - who doesn't love 80s music?

This track was on Ashes To Ashes a couple of weeks ago (episode 2 of series 2) during the end credits (but the bloody announcer talked all over most of it, I wish they've stop doing that, as well as that shit where they shrink the credit screen into the corner so they can announce not only via a voice over, but with a bloody picture too! :mad:

Anyway - this track - "Wishing" by A Flock Of Seagulls has been swimming around my head all day today. :cool:

Actually, I've just been off and bought the Best Of album. :cool:

Dachan-da
16-May-2009, 12:22 PM
TooL, Ticks and Leaches

capncnut
16-May-2009, 12:31 PM
TooL, Ticks and Leaches
"I hope you're choking, I hope you choke on this." :D

Seeing The Black Crowes tomorrow so I'm refreshing myself by cramming in a few albums.

CoinReturn
16-May-2009, 03:11 PM
Baroness - Wanderlust

Not the best quality, but you get the idea:

Dai9EmfD3DA

MinionZombie
16-May-2009, 04:11 PM
Spare me any of your groaning, but I've been into the new Green Day album - and I dig it (but if you didn't like American Idiot, you won't like 21st Century Breakdown ... fortunately I did like A.I. so I'm good).

I don't care what any of you think, I'm just doing what the thread title demands of me. :D

Also, I've been digging the "Best of A Flock of Seagulls" album I got t'other day.

Then next week I've got the new CKY album coming - "Carver City".

I haven't bought a CD since this time last year, and all of a sudden three albums come along at once.

I've also heard a couple of the new Marilyn Manson tracks from "We're From America" (out in a few days), and it sounds alright to me...not that I'm a big fan, it's more the sound, rather than the lyrics I like.

Anyway ... aye, that's what I've been listening to lately.

SymphonicX
16-May-2009, 05:17 PM
at the moment it's Apes, pigs and Spacemen - Transfusion

and Soundisciples

Mike70
17-May-2009, 02:35 PM
"chad's favorite song" by defiance, ohio.

EvilNed
17-May-2009, 04:37 PM
Out of Time by Claudio Simonetti from the Demoni soundtrack.

capncnut
17-May-2009, 10:52 PM
No Speak No Slave, the first track the Crowes launched off with...

blind2d
18-May-2009, 01:52 AM
One More Time - The Clash

Crappingbear
18-May-2009, 01:59 AM
Music You Mighta Made by Gurf Morlix on his new cd Last Exit to Happyland.

No particular song, but the new Steve Earle cd Townes a tribute to the late Townes Van Zandt.

Scatterlings of Africa by Johnny Clegg.

Cowboys and Cowgirls All Over the World by Bob Livingston.

Crappingbear
20-May-2009, 10:08 AM
gimme hope Jo'anna by Eddy Grant live.

Redemption song live by Bob Marley.

Life During Wartime live by the Talking Heads.

Scatterings of Africa and Great Heart by Johnny Clegg and Savuka.

Satch with Summer Song live. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGNgcRwKW4Q&feature=PlayList&p=F259C986D218DFA5&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=1

Tricky
21-May-2009, 08:12 PM
2QV0e-13JRA

Ive been learning this on guitar because its quite a good song for when your learning chords,i cant play it like this guy though,he's awesome!his other videos are good too!

p.s. im really not a green day fan,thats the only song of theirs i actually like :)

Danny
28-May-2009, 07:31 PM
boardwalk body off cKy's new album "Carver city" didnt care for it at first now im really digging it.

O3SdVWqPURU

MinionZombie
28-May-2009, 07:36 PM
boardwalk body off cKy's new album "Carver city" didnt care for it at first now im really digging it.

O3SdVWqPURU
Holy shit - coincidence time, but I was just running that very song through my head right at this moment. :cool:

I've listened to the album several times now, and it's fucking awesome.

I also gave IDR and An Answer Can Be Found another run-through too for good measure. IDR is classic, nuff said...and actually, An Answer Can Be Found is better than I remember it - still flawed in the second half, but there are a number of "good to pretty darn cool" tracks on there.

But Carver City is just flat-out awesome.

Danny
28-May-2009, 07:51 PM
actually i dont think its that great, i love it, but out of 15 tracks im digging 5 or 6, but i liked almost all of answer can be found, especially numbers like all power to slaves or familiar realm, though they dont beat IDR.

its kinda like how dark light was so-so but then venus doom came out adn it was so different it takes a while to settle on you yknow?

MinionZombie
29-May-2009, 09:28 AM
actually i dont think its that great, i love it, but out of 15 tracks im digging 5 or 6, but i liked almost all of answer can be found, especially numbers like all power to slaves or familiar realm, though they dont beat IDR.

its kinda like how dark light was so-so but then venus doom came out adn it was so different it takes a while to settle on you yknow?
But you were banging on about how "this album is CKY's last chance ever" and all that, yet you now say that An Answer Can Be Found is "teh awsome-o"? :confused:

And Dark Light's way better than Venus Doom, I say.

Carver City is "teh roxorz!!!1!1!!1!!!!1" ... yep. :cool:

Danny
05-Jun-2009, 11:09 PM
"gran'pa" Elliot small, motherfucker knows how to play the blues!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMZhGEXSZyo

Dtothe3
15-Jun-2009, 04:48 PM
"Tick Tock, let's go!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnqsm7SAVaY

Countdown To Insanity - H-Blockx

Heard it on Rock Band, yes it's pop. But, it's so rare that I find a band I like to sing along with.

Tricky
15-Jun-2009, 06:14 PM
Wd0Y1Sko7hA
Went to see these guys last night at the spa theatre in bridlington & they blew the roof off the place,its awesome to be getting a decent well known band playing locally as well seen as we're far away from the major cities here!back in the 70's the rolling stones,bowie,the who etc all played the spa but it declined after that,but they did a massive refurb on the place last year & it seems to be bringing good acts back!I was down the front bouncing like a loon with my mates,good times!the band spent the afternoon playing football on the beach just outside too! :cool:

blind2d
16-Jun-2009, 01:39 AM
Wet from Birth" by The Faint.

capncnut
17-Jun-2009, 08:17 PM
The song is good but it aint the song that blows away. Enjoy!

DIgVMX4It-M

Yojimbo
27-Jun-2009, 09:00 PM
Beirut- The Gulag Okestra "Postcards from Italy"

Hate to sound like a sap, but while I sit here at work feeling a little down, this song reminds me of my honeymoon - watching the surf while holding hands with my wife on a secluded beach in Oahu, Hawaii which was deserted because 9/11 had happened a few days earlier.

RjzVbXeD_8E

capncnut
20-Sep-2009, 03:05 AM
Thought this would be good to resurrect, doesn't have to be be a metal video, just what're listening to at this precise moment.

On a bit of a Har Mar Superstar kick. Maybe this should go in the funny YouTube thread. ;)

aQe7eMlJntI

SymphonicX
20-Sep-2009, 03:14 PM
Here's one I've recently enjoyed popping up on my iTunes "Genius" playlist maker...

Coheed and Cambria - Welcome Home.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vGpbd6BUO0I&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vGpbd6BUO0I&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This song is f**king STONKIN!!!!!!!!

kortick
22-Sep-2009, 12:58 AM
I just love this.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9WoQQ-mAQeE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9WoQQ-mAQeE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Debbieangel
22-Sep-2009, 01:06 AM
Thought this would be good to resurrect, doesn't have to be be a metal video, just what're listening to at this precise moment.

On a bit of a Har Mar Superstar kick. Maybe this should go in the funny YouTube thread. ;)

aQe7eMlJntI

woohoo bretto..this guy is strangely appealing! He has a beautiful voice! lol
I would LOVE to see him in person!!!;)

capncnut
22-Sep-2009, 01:11 AM
woohoo bretto..this guy is strangely appealing! He has a beautiful voice! lol
I would LOVE to see him in person!!!;)
Glad to hear it. The man fucking kicks ass.

rTaDqyjboCg

Okay, I'm officially gay.

AcesandEights
30-Sep-2009, 07:22 PM
The theme from the Godfather, as performed by some random street saxophonist. He also does a mean Star Trek theme. It's cheesy, but fun to hear coming up from the street.

EvilNed
30-Sep-2009, 10:31 PM
Balalaika rendition of Flight of the Bumblebee.

Mike70
01-Oct-2009, 03:31 AM
the needle lies by queensryche

krakenslayer
31-Oct-2009, 02:57 PM
vSR5TnNGKmo

I would have like you to have been deep frozen too
and waiting still as fresh in your flesh for my return to earth
But your father refused to sign the forms
to freeze you

Let's see, you'd be about sixty now
and long dead by the the time I return to Earth
My time held dreams were full of you
as you were when I left:
Still under-age

Your android replica is playing up again
it's no joke
When she comes she moans another's name

That's the spirit of the age
(spirit of the age)
It's just the spirit of the age
(spirit of the age)
And that's the spirit of the age
(spirit of the age)
That is the spirit of the age

I am a clone
I am not alone
Every fibre of my flesh and bone
is identical to the others'
Everything I say
Is in the same tone
as my test-tube brothers' voice.
There is no choice between us
If you had ever seen us
you'd rejoice in your uniqueness
and consider every weakness
something special of your own

Being a clone
I have no flaws to identify
even this doggerel that pours from my pen
has just been written by
another twenty telepathic men

It says:
oh for the wings of any bird
other than a battery hen.

But that's the spirit of the age
(spirit of the age)
That's just the spirit of the age
(spirit of the age)
It's just the spirit of the age
(spirit of the age)
Adjust the spirit of the age
(spirit of the age)
Unjust the spirit of the age
(spirit of the age)

Fucking genius! :cool:

krakenslayer
12-Nov-2009, 10:50 PM
Wood by Splen (http://www.splen.co.uk/splen/music/songsforchildren/05-Wood.mp3) <-- click

(BLACK METAL SCREAM)
In the forest it is very very cold

(SING-SONG VOICE)
But I don't mind, cos I am a tree
I am as happy as can be
I have branches and I have a leaf
I live in a forest near Cowdenbeath
I am over 100 feet tall
I am the biggest tree of all
My leaves are green and my wood is brown
I hope that no-ones gonna chop me down

Wood, and it comes from trees
Paper is made from wood
Pulped in a big machine and it comes out green

Wood, wood, wood, wood, wood, wood, wood, aaah!
Wood, wood, wood, wood, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

(BLACK METAL SCREAM)
In the forest it is very very cold

(SING SONG VOICE)
I really mind, cos I'm not a tree
I am a lumberjack and I'm called Steve
I have a passion for quality wood
I know what's bad and I know what's good
This is the biggest tree I've seen
The wood is brown and the leaves are green
I'd like to make it into furniture
I think that I will chop it down

I'm gonna chop you down
No please don't chop me down
I'm gonna make you into furniture
I want to be a tree
Well tough that cannot be
You'd look nice as a chair
Oh please don't chop me down

AHAHAHAHA I'm gonna cut you down!
(NO! PLEASE!)
I'm gonna chop all your branches off!
(AARG! MY BRANCHES!)
You're gonna be so quality and brown!
(PLEASE!)
I'm gonna chop you up!
(I'M DYING!)
DIE TREE! DIE!
(YOU'RE MEEEEAN! DON'T KILL ME!)
You're gonna look great as furniture!
(AAARGH!)
AHAHAHAHA

Wood, and it comes from trees
Paper is made from wood
Pulped in a big machine and it comes out green

capncnut
12-Nov-2009, 11:28 PM
Oh my god, that song is absolutely dreadful! :stunned:

blind2d
13-Nov-2009, 12:57 AM
"Saturday Night" - The Beatles? It's track ten.

mista_mo
13-Nov-2009, 10:02 AM
Off the Hook- Barenaked Ladies

All around the room your things are placed
And next to you, he fills the space
And so it seems your saving grace
Is only saving face

The pictures of the two of you
On holiday, on honeymoon
You thought that he was wanting you
But he was only wanting you
To let him
Off the hook

He was your imaginary friend
You were partners till the end
Then something bends and then it breaks
Your worst mistake
Accepting enemies on bended knees
A litany of tragedies
You're vexed, it seems you're hexed
And after sex, he expects you'll let him
Off the hook

Till something that you heard
While you were sleeping
Left you shaken while he stirred
When you awaken, you will
Make him eat his words right
Off the hook
And line
Every time

The credit card receipts, the dirty sheets
Souvenirs of men who cheat
It all makes sense
With each offense
You wanted to believe him

He could get away with murder one
And you would clean the smoking gun
With every crime, you bought each line
But not this time
You'll make him eat his words

'Cause something that you heard
While you were sleeping
Left you shaken while he stirred
When you awaken you will make him
Eat his words while he's alone
'Cause you won't be around
And from now on the phone stays
Off the hook
And line
Every time

ProfessorChaos
29-Oct-2010, 06:16 PM
watched the shining the other night for the first time in ages, figured i owed it to jack torrance for retiring his picture from my avatar.

anyway, the song that plays during the credits is a beautiful song, one that works very well with the final shot and leaves a great haunting tone to that awesome film.

old, old, old, song. 1934 is when it first came out, i believe, but i still find it quite appealing.

1hOj5zDXuXA

and speaking of the shining, anybody else ever see this? fucking hilarious. this song is by shelly duval (who plays wendy in the shining) and is featured in the popeye film, also played during the great adam sandler film punch drunk love...anyway, totally inappropriate for this scene in the shining, but that's the point:

PKENh-u5N1g

AcesandEights
29-Oct-2010, 06:26 PM
I'll give this a better look when I get home--no speakers at work ;)

ProfessorChaos
29-Oct-2010, 06:29 PM
you seem to be a fan of the shining from what i've gathered, figured you'd get a kick out of it...

AcesandEights
29-Oct-2010, 06:33 PM
you seem to be a fan of the shining from what i've gathered, figured you'd get a kick out of it...

I'd say there's a good chance, as I am definitely a fan of the film version.

LouCipherr
29-Oct-2010, 06:42 PM
Hmmm, since this thread has been sorta resurrected, I'll chime in:

Currently listening to Joe Satriani's new CD "Black Swans & Wormhole Wizards" (wtf kinda album name is that, Satch?! :lol:)

Right now, "Dream Song" is on - what a fantastic tune. He out-did himself on this CD. :D