PDA

View Full Version : The red arrows...

Tricky
16-Feb-2007, 09:10 PM
I see there are calls to scrap the red arrows display team now!they cant do that,its a British tradition!they've marked historical events for a long time such as DDay,the battle of britain,armistice day,the queens birthday,and appeared at countless military & RAF events!plus it gives the cream of the RAF's top gun a chance to show off a bit.Ive seen them several times and they are brilliant.
Ive heard one of the arguments is that "they are contributing to global warming" :lol: pathetic!
All they need do is sack a couple of whitehall bureacrats & they'll have more than enough money to keep them flying!For you yankees who might not know what im on about,its these guys who do awesome displays of flying,while trailing the union jack colours behind them
http://www.bluelinecruises.co.uk/red-arrows-3.jpg

capncnut
16-Feb-2007, 09:15 PM
They can't scrap The Red Arrows! :mad:

Tricky
16-Feb-2007, 09:20 PM
Theres a petition on the number 10 website to try and save them,its basically down to more defence cutbacks (even though we are fighting wars in 2 countries,hmmmmmm)
So heres the petition,ive signed it :)

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/SaveTheReds/

capncnut
16-Feb-2007, 09:39 PM
Signed mate. I can't believe this country, why are we trying to kill off traditions like this? It makes me sick.

Tricky
16-Feb-2007, 09:47 PM
I have no idea bud,nothing this government does makes any sense to me!i would much rather my taxes went into something patriotic & truly british like the red arrows,than spending it on making sure rapists & murderers have plasma TV's & PS2's in their cells,or giving illegals & drug addicts free houses etc etc etc....:mad:

capncnut
16-Feb-2007, 10:06 PM
I have no idea bud,nothing this government does makes any sense to me!

Don't even get me started on last night's Question Time.

i would much rather my taxes went into something patriotic & truly british like the red arrows,than spending it on making sure rapists & murderers have plasma TV's & PS2's in their cells,or giving illegals & drug addicts free houses etc...

Damn straight. I don't feel too comfortable knowing that wankers like Ian Huntley are playing Need For Speed Underground* at our expense.

*NFSU was actually on his Xmas shopping list last year, as reported by The Daily Mail. :lol:

DVW5150
16-Feb-2007, 10:11 PM
Friggin Awesome Pilots ...WTF ?

Tied2thetracks
16-Feb-2007, 11:04 PM
Planes mean war, war offends people, offending people is bad Last time I checked wern't you in the process of becoming a muslim state?

Mohhommad never flew in a plane.

tju1973
17-Feb-2007, 12:08 AM
I saw them in the late '80s-early '90s-- Most awesome--- I fear someday that display teams-- ie T-Birds, Golden Knights (? I think that is the Army Parachute team?, Blue Angels, and your Red Arrows may become a thing of the past--

I hope not-- they show what levels humans can reach. They are an ultimate demonstration of teamwork and expertise that in acheivable in flying...

I pray they never go away...

Danny
17-Feb-2007, 05:49 AM
Mohhommad never flew in a plane.

...huh.:rockbrow: , thats the wierdest thing ill hear all day.