17-Feb-2007, 12:30 AM
I am a memember of this board-- one of many I post to--

http://hipoint.7.forumer.com/index.php

I noticed something wierd---

1172 members...
44515 Articles...

here--

946 members, 5218 threads...

I guess this is misleading, as we switched to the same type of board they did---

I am curious to see when they switched, and count the numbers in the same time frame..

me, I like 'em both..

:)

Andy
17-Feb-2007, 12:54 AM
I am a memember of this board-- one of many I post to--

http://hipoint.7.forumer.com/index.php

I noticed something wierd---

1172 members...
44515 Articles...

here--

946 members, 5218 threads...

I guess this is misleading, as we switched to the same type of board they did---

I am curious to see when they switched, and count the numbers in the same time frame..

me, I like 'em both..

We did not switch to the same forum type they did at all, they are running a free forums engine called PHPbb, HPotD is running a premium and expensive forum engine called vBulletin.

the difference is unbeleivable, you would have to be a admin to see it all, but trust me, its like comparing a skateboard to a ferrarri.

Our full stats at the moment are also "Members: 946 · Threads: 5,219 · Posts: 65,687", im assuming that forums is using "Articles" as posts, becuase the number of threads they have just dosn't add up to 44,000.

So in reality, the difference is us -

HPotD
946 members and 65,687 posts

Hi-Point Firearms
1172 members and 44,515 posts

so although they have more members, we are more active :p

anyway, stats do not matter, there is nothing stopping you enjoying both forums :)

tju1973
17-Feb-2007, 01:13 AM
We did not switch to the same forum type they did at all, they are running a free forums engine called PHPbb, HPotD is running a premium and expensive forum engine called vBulletin.

the difference is unbeleivable, you would have to be a admin to see it all, but trust me, its like comparing a skateboard to a ferrarri.

Our full stats at the moment are also "Members: 946 · Threads: 5,219 · Posts: 65,687", im assuming that forums is using "Articles" as posts, becuase the number of threads they have just dosn't add up to 44,000.

So in reality, the difference is us -

HPotD
946 members and 65,687 posts

Hi-Point Firearms
1172 members and 44,515 posts

so although they have more members, we are more active :p

anyway, stats do not matter, there is nothing stopping you enjoying both forums :)

I come here way more and post more-- the Hi-Point one, I just go for a specific firearm issue or to compare range/ammo data..

I get more entertainement out of here!!

Keep it up!