PDA

View Full Version : Inventor of remote control dies

zombie04
18-Feb-2007, 07:14 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,252519,00.html

well, I think it's safe to say he had an impact on all of us.

bassman
18-Feb-2007, 07:57 PM
yeah...he had an impact. He helped make humans just a little more lazy.:p

He did help in many ways, though.

_liam_
18-Feb-2007, 08:02 PM
lol yeh i read this on teletext. apparently he wasnt a tv man, preferred to read. hehehe.

no remote...no wii...think on it...

coma
18-Feb-2007, 08:38 PM
yeah...he had an impact. He helped make humans just a little more lazy.:p

He did help in many ways, though.
Yeah, because standing directly in front of the TV clicking a knob through all the channels was good exercise, smartass:p

Postumously, I say THANKS!

jdog
18-Feb-2007, 08:58 PM
life wouldnt be the same with out the remote. R.I.P

capncnut
18-Feb-2007, 11:31 PM
At first, I thought this was the inventor of the MTV quiz show Remote Control. Colin Quinn kicked ass in that show!

But anyway, R.I.P. Robert Adler. Thanks for making me lazier. :D

Deadman_Deluxe
19-Feb-2007, 12:04 AM
Remote control's nearly ALWAYS break before the actual appliance breaks, meaning that for roughly the last 35% of the actual appliances lifespan ... it hardly has any features available except for UP/DOWN and ON/OFF.

That sucks.

EXAMPLE: I have a brand new sky digital box with 100+ channels, but i can not view it on this TV because the TV remote (the third one in 18 months!) is broken. I can not switch the A/V channel via the remote control and the actual appliance only has buttons for PROG UP/PROG DOWN, VOL UP/VOL DOWN and ON/OFF :mad:

Ergo, i will NOT be attending the funeral service.

capncnut
19-Feb-2007, 12:28 AM
Yeah man, who ordered the decision to remove the channel select button from tv's? :confused:

coma
19-Feb-2007, 04:47 AM
Remote control's nearly ALWAYS break before the actual appliance breaks, meaning that for roughly the last 35% of the actual appliances lifespan ... it hardly has any features available except for UP/DOWN and ON/OFF.

That sucks.

EXAMPLE: I have a brand new sky digital box with 100+ channels, but i can not view it on this TV because the TV remote (the third one in 18 months!) is broken. I can not switch the A/V channel via the remote control and the actual appliance only has buttons for PROG UP/PROG DOWN, VOL UP/VOL DOWN and ON/OFF :mad:

Ergo, i will NOT be attending the funeral service.
Thats not his fault. Thats the cheapo manufacturers
That and I have had the opposite experience

bassman
19-Feb-2007, 01:27 PM
Yeah, because standing directly in front of the TV clicking a knob through all the channels was good exercise, smartass:p

Postumously, I say THANKS!

It's more movement than using your finger to click the remote while still in a recliner and eating pork grinds or some sh*t.

coma
19-Feb-2007, 06:11 PM
It's more movement than using your finger to click the remote while still in a recliner and eating pork grinds or some sh*t.
True, but you usually would end up watching shows you hated or annoying commercials. One thing that a remote makes easier.
TURNING THE TV OFF:D

_liam_
19-Feb-2007, 06:19 PM
Yeah man, who ordered the decision to remove the channel select button from tv's? :confused:

amen. i have a **** hot dvd player that's almost good for nothing cos i spilt wine on the remote. ffs.

capncnut
20-Feb-2007, 12:12 AM
Yeah, it is mildly annoying.