PDA

View Full Version : A Scanner Darkly

capncnut
20-Feb-2007, 03:53 AM
I just saw this movie.

JVka8bx8H8w&mode=related&search=

I'm not gonna give away any spoilers (unless you want them (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Scanner_Darkly_(film))) but I thought it was pretty damn good. A real headf**k of a movie but with a classic twist at the end. Robert Downey Jnr kicked ass in it. Anyone see this flick?

MinionZombie
20-Feb-2007, 09:17 AM
I got the DVD (R1) at Xmas, it's a rather cool movie, quite funny too. Very interesting, and it's surprising how quickly you adjust to the rotoscoping. The two main segments I liked most were the bicycle scene and the home invasion paranoia part, I thought those were great.

And Winona Ryder is pretty damn hot in rotoscope ... I wonder if those were her actual bewbs. :p:D

bassman
20-Feb-2007, 11:59 AM
Yeah, it is a great flick. You can tell that Linklater's people have gotten much better with the rotoscoping process since "Waking Life".

And Winona Ryder is pretty damn hot in rotoscope ... I wonder if those were her actual bewbs. :p:D

I remember reading on a movie site before the flick was released that they arent hers. They were just drawn onto Ryder.

MinionZombie
20-Feb-2007, 12:16 PM
pfft ... what a jip ... ah well, back to that uncropped Jennifer Aniston boobies picture that's floating around out there in some places where the lawyers have gotten to. :lol:

DVW5150
20-Feb-2007, 02:05 PM
Yes , I read the book as a kid ... I also read " The Father Thing" by Philip K. Dick that was really creepy . This film seems to be very good , I am eager to watch it soon .

HLS
20-Feb-2007, 05:05 PM
I want to see it. I tryed to see it in the theater but it do dnot play long here where I am at.

Terran
20-Feb-2007, 07:12 PM
Yeah great movie....saw it when it released...now I own the DVD....

I hope a special edition comes out....but Ill be pissed about it cause Id have to buy a repeat DVD...

MinionZombie
20-Feb-2007, 07:29 PM
Agreed, the DVD isn't exactly weighed down with extras ... and no doubt there'll be a "better" version released next year or some wank...:rolleyes:

capncnut
20-Feb-2007, 08:11 PM
Agreed, the DVD isn't exactly weighed down with extras... and no doubt there'll be a "better" version released next year or some wank... :rolleyes:

I hope not, I just paid 12 notes for mine. :eek:

I own a fair amount of Richard Linklater dvd's and most of 'em come up a bit short on the extras front. I was hoping there would be a lot more stuff on the Before Sunrise/Sunset dvd's. All you get on both are a 10 minute featurette, a trailer and chapter selection (NO WAY are chapters an extra feature, right Andy :sneaky:) which is a bit lame tbh.

Linklater also did another animation before A Scanner Darkly called Waking Life. I think it is just as good as Scanner and it stars Wiley Wiggins, Ethan Hawke and Adam Goldberg. Here's a clip.

e1n19SF5IqE

LouCipherr
20-Feb-2007, 09:06 PM
Wow, it seems a lot of people must like the rotoscoping in this movie. I have to admit, although I liked the film, the rotoscoping got on my nerves after a while. :lol: