PDA

View Full Version : Done To Death...

prettycorpses
21-Feb-2007, 01:47 PM
I recently had a conversation about zombies whilst buying my comics with these guys who all agreed zombies had and will be very soon done to death. I disagreed because I love to see zombie flicks and I was just wondering what everyones opinions where?

I know we all love zombies otherwise we wouldnt be here but do you think its possible to get sick of seeing them?

Danny
21-Feb-2007, 02:29 PM
yep, completely possible, im sick of the usual scenario of isolation, someone gets bitten and turns finally and enivtably the zombies get in becuase of a fools mistake and someone makes it otu alive, end.
i like the wierder stuff lately, like stubbs the zombie which was awesome, that whole thing of being the zombie and in a 1950's sci-fi enviroment was good, plus comics like the goon are a nice change of pace, black gas was another.

Craig
22-Feb-2007, 12:33 AM
I have phases of really being into the whole zombie genre but I can actually see myself going off zombies for a long while, at the moment if anything I'd be more interested in the weirder stuff like demonic zombies and the like.

Debbieangel
22-Feb-2007, 01:29 AM
I think the zombie genre has gone off basics alot I think it needs to go back to the very beginning that is why I am excited about GAR's new film I am hoping it captures what I am looking for like in NOTLD. Do you know what I mean?
I liked Land dont get me wrong but it wasnt what I thought it was going to be, I expected it to be well, sort of a continuing of NOTLD.
I would like to see a movie where a small community trys to make it through a zombie invasion in their small village. I have an idea but I am not a writer so, its not down in words or anything.

jdog
22-Feb-2007, 04:40 AM
can never get enough zombie action

DVW5150
22-Feb-2007, 06:45 PM
GAR created a fan frenzy that is evident by virtue of this site . However , I have seen some turds ;"Day of the Dead 2 : Contagum' ... I have , since then been careful when renting something that looks interesting in the video store based on the box . This may have run its course , but then again ..."they wont run out food as long as we are alive." Its akin to how guitarists do two hand tapping , hammer-ons they are also called . This is a guitar playing style that was made popular by Edward Van Halen in 1978s' 'Eruption'. Horror film writers will whip out the 'zed factor' to ease to trouble of attempts on originality . I have read some great new stuff , "Down the Road" gave me shivers for example . By and large , stenches are stinky to be down wind of , and just as bad as a fall back in lack of original ideas in horror film . Seems that way to me at least .:barf:

HLS
22-Feb-2007, 07:06 PM
I get tired of poorly made zombie movies and bad acting. I want to see more movies made my major studios and perhaps with an origional story. I guess there is not much one can do with zombies.

EvilNed
22-Feb-2007, 07:33 PM
Comedy has barely changed since it was first pictured on the silver screen. Sure, we laugh at different things today then we did back then. But the Marx films are still pretty funny.

DVW5150
22-Feb-2007, 08:17 PM
Comedy has barely changed since it was first pictured on the silver screen. Sure, we laugh at different things today then we did back then. But the Marx films are still pretty funny.

" Time wounds all heals." -Groucho Marx , A Day at the Races (?) I friggin' love the Marx Brothers ! However , I think the zed stuff should be left to the originator(s) and maybe their apprentices .

El_Hooligan
22-Feb-2007, 09:20 PM
Zombies movies are a bit saturated, but they're still good, clean fun to watch. I would like to see more serious zombie movies though. My only beef with the majority of zombie movies is that they don't take themselves serious.

Brubaker
26-Feb-2007, 01:36 AM
Zombies haven't been done to death quite like vampires..........or Godzilla.

tju1973
26-Feb-2007, 03:10 AM

but we actualy AGREE on something!!!

Animal Crackers is in my top 5 flicks of all time....

"There is nothing new under the sun"...

:)

EvilNed
26-Feb-2007, 11:57 AM
but we actualy AGREE on something!!!

Animal Crackers is in my top 5 flicks of all time....

"There is nothing new under the sun"...

:)

I thought Duck Soup was pretty ****ing funny myself. Ok, I'll be the first to admit that all things DO age. But Marx films have aged considerably less than some other stuff... Like Laurel and Hardy.

MontagMOI
26-Feb-2007, 06:02 PM
I think there's still plenty of steam left in the zombie film genre but there's certainly the possibility of zombie comics overkill. While most zombie films are just crap (although there are some very good zombie films, just not many) the vast majority of zombie comics are just awful. I love The Walking Dead but then you have Deadworld, Zombies Feast, Plague Of The Living Dead, Escape Of The Living Dead (and all the other Romero 'related' garbage published by Avatar) amongst others. I loved the whole Marvel Zombies stuff and am looking forward to Army Of Darkness vs Marvel Zombies but it seems that Marvel comics are going to bleed that mini-franchise to death with another one-shot and then another 4-part story arc in Black Panther. Getting back to the films, i am really looking forward to Diary Of The Dead and will certainly watch Resident Evil: Extinction and 28 Weeks Later (yes i know they're not Zs). I don't think Zombie films will ever have a huge audience but there will always be someone like me that will watch Return Of The Living Dead 4.

livingdeadboy
26-Feb-2007, 10:18 PM
I think zombie movies will probably die down for a good ten years soon enough. Then someone will come along with a kickin zombie movie and re-boost the genre.

MinionZombie
27-Feb-2007, 07:50 AM
The tired out "Hollywood" zombie films, yeah, those are tired now, so in a while they'll be totally tired out and that fad will be over - but the hardcore zombie fans will continue making zombie films - they're too plugged into our subconscious' to stop being made.

Once Hollywood is done raping the zombie lore, the indie scene will come forth with a really good one I bet. Then of course, there's all the truly indie zombie films out there being made.