PDA

View Full Version : £100m Mosque to be built in UK..

Tricky
23-Feb-2007, 05:07 PM
Slap bang next to the new Olympic stadium,it will hold between 40,000 & 70,000 worshippers :eek:
Sounds to me like its going to be a rather large symbol of dominance over Britain (much the same as the medieval catholic monastrys did,that now lie ruined after people decided they were sick of religious rule).
The Nazis loved to use architecture to symbolise their power and i think the muslims are now attempting similar things with this plan.Its not that i begrudge them a place of worship,but bloody hell 100 million pounds and holds 70,000! i find that a pretty scary thought!
Theres a petition for it here,but for some reason 60% agree it should be there,not sure where those figures came from as everyone ive spoken to is horrified by it!
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/poll/poll-18791-details/ques-18669-id/%C2%A3100m+mosque%3A+Vote+now/poll.do?answer=33794

And heres a petition to try and stop the government allowing it to be built,not that they will take any notice but its worth a shot!
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/ScrapMegaMosque/

EvilNed
23-Feb-2007, 05:28 PM
I can't even imagine a mosque that big. But a building is just a building, that's all. A symbol of power, perhaps, but the novelty of it will wear off eventually.

There's lots of non-christian poles, even though Poland is riddled with extremely pompus churches. Or cathedrals, rather.

_liam_
23-Feb-2007, 05:42 PM
erm...why is it a bad thing?

it's a bit excessive, but it's their money...

Tricky
23-Feb-2007, 06:02 PM
Yeah it is their money,but its on British soil,a huge symbol of islamic power,money & influence,and a step closer to the sharia law they want.I bet if Cof E wanted planning permission for a church that size it wouldnt happen :rolleyes:

Tied2thetracks
23-Feb-2007, 06:04 PM
Slap bang next to the new Olympic stadium,it will hold between 40,000 & 70,000 worshippers :eek:
Sounds to me like its going to be a rather large symbol of dominance over Britain (much the same as the medieval catholic monastrys did,that now lie ruined after people decided they were sick of religious rule).
The Nazis loved to use architecture to symbolise their power and i think the muslims are now attempting similar things with this plan.Its not that i begrudge them a place of worship,but bloody hell 100 million pounds and holds 70,000! i find that a pretty scary thought!
Theres a petition for it here,but for some reason 60% agree it should be there,not sure where those figures came from as everyone ive spoken to is horrified by it!
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/poll/poll-18791-details/ques-18669-id/%C2%A3100m+mosque%3A+Vote+now/poll.do?answer=33794

And heres a petition to try and stop the government allowing it to be built,not that they will take any notice but its worth a shot!
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/ScrapMegaMosque/

You guys are screwed, we'll send troops when they act out. I can see them filling the place full of bombs and waiting till the neihbor is at full attendance.

Or like the place in Texas where they build a church and asked the neihbor to leave because it was a pig farm. Political corectness and liberilsm will be the death of many.

_liam_
23-Feb-2007, 06:33 PM
lol sorry mate, islam leaves a bad taste in my mouth too, but i do not see how a big building is a step closer to the creation of a fundamentalist islamic state in britain, the muslims make up less than 7% of the population. a coup detat or landslide election for an imam just aint gonna happen.

western culture is too seductive, most muslim kids i know listen to hip hop or heavy metal and get drunk, stoned and laid just like the rest of us. in a few years active muslims will be even more of a minority, just like christians are becoming now.

in a decade or so the place will be a nightclub or something, like the church on st christophers hill in brixton...

personally id be more worried about the construction of a huge sports venue near my home. id rather have 70000 religious freaks on the streets than 70000 pissed up sports fans...

EvilNed
23-Feb-2007, 07:08 PM
I agree with Liam. All they are building is a future landmark.

Terran
23-Feb-2007, 10:47 PM
personally id be more worried about the construction of a huge sports venue near my home. id rather have 70000 religious freaks on the streets than 70000 pissed up sports fans...

What about 70,000 pissed off religious freaks....?....

I guess the only thing to do is start pretending ot be part of the crowd....blend in....:|

EvilNed
23-Feb-2007, 10:53 PM
What about 70,000 pissed off religious freaks....?....

I guess the only thing to do is start pretending ot be part of the crowd....blend in....:|

How often do you see people leaving the church/mosque being pissed?

And how often do you see people leaving the sports stadium pissed (as in angry... but usually both)?

There. :D

Dtothe3
23-Feb-2007, 10:54 PM
Great. So they can go pray, nip across the road and bomb the **** out of the olympics.

Out of interest, just what is the capacity of the biggest church in this country?

_liam_
23-Feb-2007, 10:55 PM

And how often do you see people leaving the sports stadium pissed (as in angry... but usually both)?

There. :D

exactly. i grew up in a predominantly muslim area, and ill tell you, i never got beat on/heckled till i moved to a predominantly white area

yer a bunch of closet racists, but i love ya ;)

Terran
23-Feb-2007, 10:56 PM

I guess it would depend on the sermon.....
Much like how a sporting event depends on the outcome...

capncnut
23-Feb-2007, 11:53 PM
I'm not particularly happy that it's being built but at the end of the day, it's just a building.

EvilNed
24-Feb-2007, 09:35 AM
I guess it would depend on the sermon.....
Much like how a sporting event depends on the outcome...

No, it doesn't depend on the sermon. Because religious people are a pretty jolly bunch. Sport fans are not.

_liam_
24-Feb-2007, 03:16 PM
indeed. muslims are people just like the rest of us, a mostly amiable bunch with a few bad eggs.
it amazes me that with all the ID theft, drug addicts, gangs of chavs looking for innocent people to beat up/happy slap, drunk drivers, football hooligans, psycho hen night women, paedophiles and murderers on the streets, people are more scared of a bunch of teetotallers who spend most of their time thanking god for the beauty of the world that surrounds them...

power of the media, i guess!

MinionZombie
24-Feb-2007, 06:28 PM
Like you said, the problem is the bad eggs of the bunch. Frankly, the good Muslim majority need to help themselves and get off their arse and very openly reject the bad eggs and explain to those not in the know, how their Islam is completely different to the psychotically-strict interpretation of the nutter bad eggs.

As for a 70,000 occupancy Mosque ... any building (beyond the obvious, like a stadium or a concert hall) for that many people is just a bit un-necessary. What's wrong with normal Mosques, don't they have enough right now? When was there a sudden shortage of Mosques?

Wasn't part of the fuss that the people behind this "super mosque" interpret Islam in the really strict way, incredibly literal - basically, the nasty Islam. I thought that was the fuss about it, that essentially it'd be run by a group affiliated with nutter views?

I think it was you, Liam, who said about young Muslims seemingly beginning to lapse on their faith, and it reminded me of that E4 show "Skins", which was a Muslim in it obsessed with girls and weed.

I just think all religion is dodgy, personally, but as long as it doesn't step on anyones toes and doesn't change other people's lives, then have a banana, it's when it gets in the way of things and gets taken on by that lunatic minority you'll always have in society.

On another topic, I got really pissed off last night hearing about how the American gubment isn't funding Stem Cell Research, essentially because of the Christian right wing - now, politics and religion should never mix - what about people like me - athiests - I want Stem Cell research, it's going to advance the human race to potentially unbelievable lengths, we're talking somewhere between the wheel and sliced bread (*chuckles*) - my point being, that's a religion exerting power over everyone.

Look, if you're Christian and you don't like Stem Cell research, well then fine, you can't have any of the cures it'll create (and a few cell divisions isn't life, even bacteria is "life", but does it have a consciousness?) ... but agnostics and athiests and others from different backgrounds that are up for it can enjoy the benefits.

*rant over*

Make what you will of my scatter-brained thoughts, I've just been watching The Zombie Dead and Zombie Lake laughing at the really blatant sex scenes, so I'm a little kooky.

_liam_
24-Feb-2007, 07:12 PM
aye, but if all the nutters have a central meeting place, it makes them easier to monitor.

totally agree about the stem cell thing :rolleyes: what the hell are they thinking, throw some money at that stuff! we could all live without fear of disease if they could just get over this rumour of a creator...

MinionZombie
24-Feb-2007, 09:52 PM
Somehow I doubt "they" could manage to monitor that massive place effectively, although I thought it was interesting that Mosques are being used (as recently seen) to spread anti-Western messages by scumbags like that wanker who interupted Reed (although Reed is a total wanker as well).

But what I liked was that the Mosque heads removed themselves away from that message ... however, how can you miss some ranting lunatic preaching death to the infidels in your Mosque, especially a Mosque which isn't some massive 70,000 sitting (kneeling?) gaff.

Then of course there's the whole bleeding heart liberal angle with those damn lawyers who just get in everybody's way at the wrong time.

Fact is, Mosques are being used by some to spread anti-Western bullsh*t. The native Brits and the good majority chunk of the Muslim community need to band together to stop that sh*t and throw those assholes out, because the sh*t they're preaching only goes down like how they want in one place, and that isn't Britain.

It really riles me, because if a million and a half Christians flocked to a Muslim-majority country and started demanding Western Law and all sorts of things, they'd be thrown out and wouldn't have the opportunity to even get as far as stating their claim.

The folk giving all Muslims a bad name are the sort of assholes you'll find in any culture, people who just take, take, take and don't give anything. They want the best of both worlds, have their cake and eat it, burn the candle at both ends and every other phrase that sums up what they're doing in a succinct and catchy manner.

And of course, Labours insistence on this bizarre thing called "multiculturalism" hasn't done a damn lick of good, it's just furthered segregation by trying to force the situation ... and I've gotten lazy, so I'll shut up now. :D

coma
24-Feb-2007, 11:12 PM
On another topic, I got really pissed off last night hearing about how the American gubment isn't funding Stem Cell Research, essentially because of the Christian right wing - now, politics and religion should never mix - what about people like me - athiests - I want Stem Cell research, it's going to advance the human race to potentially unbelievable lengths, we're talking somewhere between the wheel and sliced bread (*chuckles*) - my point being, that's a religion exerting power over everyone.

Look, if you're Christian and you don't like Stem Cell research, well then fine, you can't have any of the cures it'll create (and a few cell divisions isn't life, even bacteria is "life", but does it have a consciousness?) ... but agnostics and athiests and others from different backgrounds that are up for it can enjoy the benefits.

*rant over*

Yeah, it sucks. Christian fundamentalist fanatics dictate how we ALL should live. Many people just call tem "whackos". They have no idea of how crazy they sound.
I like your plan, but if the gub does it anyway eventually I guarantee ALL of them will take advantage of the benefits, becasue they are full of s**t.
How convienient:confused:
I would like to systematically punch every one of them in the mouth.
Them and their brothers the islamic fundamentalists. They are identical. They dont think so because they are blinded by Zealotry. You can choose death. I will choose life and progress. when The church controlled Europe, Life sucked. Like I tell Goths, if you lived then you wouldnt have been a king or whatever, You wouldve been crapping in the middle of the street dying from Black Plauge like 99.9% of the people.

now my rants over.

and somebody dont say christians this and that. I said fundamentalists.

_liam_
25-Feb-2007, 12:53 AM
re:mz
aye but pubs' function rooms and football stadiums are used by neo nazis for similar reasons, should we shut down anfield and wetherspoon's?

... hmm, actually ...:lol:

tju1973
25-Feb-2007, 02:03 AM
re:mz
aye but pubs' function rooms and football stadiums are used by neo nazis for similar reasons, should we shut down anfield and wetherspoon's?

... hmm, actually ...:lol:

I advocate the abolisment of Anfield...Old Trafford...White Hart lane..And the Emirates Stadium....

:evil:

Blue yesterday..Blue today...BLUE TOMORROW!!!

NO SURRENDER!!!

Rottedfreak
25-Feb-2007, 08:06 AM
The Mosque might be the first target of the disgruntled sports fans.

MinionZombie
25-Feb-2007, 09:59 AM
lol, yeah, cos football sucks and the hooligans are a bunch of inbred wankers that need not only neutering, but a considerable kick to the nuts as well.

I think this "mega mosque" will cause more trouble in general, than any 'good' ... and besides, how many 70,000 occupancy Churches are there in the UK? There's no need for such concentrated religion, especially in this day and age.

Coma - perzactly, if SCR went ahead, those opposing would damn sure get the benefits out of it once they are available. It's like the nutters behind the apparent "animal rights movement" here in the UK. These guys are like militant beanpoles, a bunch of scrawny, smelly people who don't understand that sometimes animal testing has to be done. I don't agree with testing for sh*t like lipstick (just don't put it in your friggin' eye, woman!), but for important medical advancements then if it isn't safe for human testing, how is it going to be tested? It's not nice I know, but more often than not things you don't like has to be done - at least for now, until an alternative is available. Anyway, the point being, I wonder how many products these so-called rights protesters have used, which have been tested on animals.

It's like Green Peace protesting against oil being drilled, but getting out to the oil rig via a disel powered tanker :rolleyes: ... then the fact they used to all drive around in the planet-killing Citroen 2CV.

F*ck fundamentalists, f*ck them right in the butt! :eek:

lol ... goths...:D

_liam_
25-Feb-2007, 02:43 PM
welll mz i do sorta agree with you, but every city in britain has at least one cathedral..

Eyebiter
25-Feb-2007, 05:00 PM
Wonder what kind of ZONING they will have to go through to build that thing? What about ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT STUDIES? Or similar building code issues? Here in the US the litigation costs alone could hold up a project like that for years...

MinionZombie
25-Feb-2007, 05:27 PM
But the Cathedrals are a central part of British society and have been for hundreds of years, like Mosques will be in Muslim countries - but could you imagine them putting up with a 70,000 occupancy Cathedral for Christians? (not that there are cathedrals that hold that many people!)

coma
25-Feb-2007, 07:08 PM
In the US they have megachurches that hold a couple or few thousand. They are huge. but 70k?? Too much! isnt that abou 25k more than the buggest football stadium?
I think that Mosque is planning for a "utopian" Future for them and also making a statement that they want (and will) to dominate your society. And every other for that matter.

Here we kinda have to pretend all is equal. But UK is for Brits. Why the Multiculti push. The only people who seem to agree with that are those who dont actually have to deal with it. ie:PC douchbags

Tricky
25-Feb-2007, 07:09 PM
But the Cathedrals are a central part of British society and have been for hundreds of years, like Mosques will be in Muslim countries - but could you imagine them putting up with a 70,000 occupancy Cathedral for Christians? (not that there are cathedrals that hold that many people!)

Like i said,the huge medieval monasterys like fountains abbey pictured here
http://www.castles-abbeys.co.uk/Fountains-Abbey/Fountains-Abbey-LS.jpg

were symbols of religious rule in this country,when they were abolished,religion didnt have the grip over Britain in the way it did before (it was still important,but wasnt government) and since then there hasnt been any buildings on that scale built to represent christian/catholic religious rule.So why does there need to be mosques that dwarf even those monasteries on our soil?i see it as a symbol of what these imams keep preaching,that in the future britain will be under sharia law & everybody will be muslim,those who arent will be put to death as infidels :shifty: give an inch and they take a mile,as always,i dont object to them having a mosque,but they should be made to compromise with something a fair bit smaller

EvilNed
25-Feb-2007, 08:33 PM
Well, I have a hard time belivieving that a 70k muslim mosque is ever going to get built, because that just sounds to grand. And even so, I'd have a hard time to say no. But hey, I guess that's a guilty fault of mine: PC tolerance... :p

If I thought that the mosque would actually stand for something, I might have seen it differently. But I doubt they will ever, ever be able to fill a mosque that big... In Britain! I mean, are there even 70,000 devoted muslims in London?

MinionZombie
25-Feb-2007, 09:46 PM
Apparently there are 1.5 million Muslims in the country, but how many of those are serious about it I have no idea - like, how is followed amongst the young? If it's anything like the character in the show "Skins", then they're not following it that closely at all.

Basically, they can't have a hardcore or original Islam religion in this country, it's just not possible, at "best" (or furthest or whatever) it has to be a British interpretation (e.g. we get on with sh*t during this ramadan thing, no loud speakers yelling out prayers, no face covering, women are equal etc).

But yeah, how would they fill a 70k occupancy Mosque when there's plenty of new Mosques dotted around the areas of concentration. Also, opposite a football stadium - that just invites trouble in a big way, what with the hooliganism problem in this country.

This whole "mega mosque" thing can't possibly go ahead, it's just insane, the whole thing.

But essentially, it shouldn't go ahead as - on the grand scheme of things - it'd be a very bad idea for the whole of British society and beyond for it to be built, plus it's completely pointless anyway. The bad eggs are trying to cause trouble and whip up hysteria - and thus far the hysteria part is in place.

Like I said before, moderate Muslims need to come forth and show the country what the majority is like - or is supposed to be like anyway - and not let the crazy nutter minority take them over and us over - and showing that sends a worldwide message, this multicultural, airy-fairy politically correct Labour-peddled garbage has gone on long enough, let's get some common sense back in place, geez!

_liam_
25-Feb-2007, 10:54 PM
i think you can gauge it by the ratio of how many full on burka wearing muslim women you see in the street compared to how many slinky, fit asian girls you see... about 1:40 i reckon :lol: the hardcore quran bashers are definitely dwindling

Shadowofthedead
25-Feb-2007, 11:04 PM
can we say trouble brewin in little britain... sounds like you boys are fuked:elol: