PDA

View Full Version : Oscars

Minerva_Zombi
26-Feb-2007, 01:29 PM
I thought that the right nominees pretty much one. The Departed for Best Picture, Scorsese for Directing,etc. But I thought Pans Labyrinth was robbed for Best Foreign Film. That was a great and powerful film. And I'd have liked to see Peter O' Toole win for Best Actor, But I think Forest Whitaker was the best choice. Any other comments?

Danny
26-Feb-2007, 01:36 PM
yeah forest whitaker got a bafta too for his role in the alst king of scotland, he's a way underated actor and he's got some major talent, too bad about pans labyrinth but the departed?, best picture?, bloody hell fire there was so many better films to choose from, children of men should have got it in my opinion.

EvilNed
26-Feb-2007, 01:40 PM
I think Ridley Scotts the Duellists should have won best picture this year.

Minerva_Zombi
26-Feb-2007, 01:41 PM
The Departed is the best Crime movie since Goodfellas. That was one movie where i didn't mind if it was 3 hours long. it takes a brilliant film to do that. Usually in most movies I'm ready to get it over with and make my verdict on if it sucked or not. lol

Danny
26-Feb-2007, 01:47 PM
oh i thought is was that ghost one with the gal who played buffy in it. my bad.:dead:

Minerva_Zombi
26-Feb-2007, 01:51 PM
lol. yeah right. like the Oscars would ever recognize a horror movie. silly... I do hate how biased the Oscars are against Comedies and Horror films. Its always lame movies about a crack headed lesbian nazi hooker ubducted by aliens and forced into a weigh-loss program or some ****. lol

bassman
26-Feb-2007, 03:58 PM
I was just pissed that I had to stay up until 12:15 in the morning to see Scorsese win the award that he should've received many, many years ago.

I was also really dissapointed with "Children of Men" not winning for Best Cinematography.:confused:

Next year i'm just going to record the Oscars so I can watch them the next day and fast forward through all the garbage. More than four hours for ANY awards ceremony is ridiculous....

capncnut
26-Feb-2007, 06:29 PM
I never watch the Oscars because I think it's a load of cheesy, overblown, up-it's-own-arse tripe. Nothing I want to win ever wins so I've decided that it's pointless to even bother with it.

Danny
26-Feb-2007, 08:10 PM
yeah all it is now is what frikkin' clothes there wearin' so the nutjobs who watch "e!" (*shudders*) can having something to talk about in there boring ass lives.:rolleyes:

_liam_
26-Feb-2007, 08:33 PM
made me feelings on this farce clear. but did children of men win ANYTHING???:confused:

LouCipherr
27-Feb-2007, 12:26 PM
How can we take the Oscars seriously when they give awards to dingbats like Al Gore for his wonderfully ficticious movie full of more bullsh*t than a field of cows? :lol:

I was, however, very pleased to hear that Scorsese got his award... finally. If you're gonna give an award to someone, make sure they deserve it - and he was one that deserved it.

Reminds me a bit of Joe Satriani and the Grammy's. He's been nominated 14 times and hasn't won once. :mad:

Neil
27-Feb-2007, 12:53 PM
movies about a crack headed lesbian nazi hooker ubducted by aliens and forced into a weigh-loss program

FFS! How many times can they use this tired old story!!!!!! :mad: :)

Minerva_Zombi
27-Feb-2007, 01:22 PM
How can we take the Oscars seriously when they give awards to dingbats like Al Gore for his wonderfully ficticious movie full of more bullsh*t than a field of cows? :lol:

I was, however, very pleased to hear that Scorsese got his award... finally. If you're gonna give an award to someone, make sure they deserve it - and he was one that deserved it.

Reminds me a bit of Joe Satriani and the Grammy's. He's been nominated 14 times and hasn't one once. :mad:

How could you ignore the fact that we are destroying the Earth and this man is trying to prevent it? Thats pretty rediculous to try and say that Global Warming is just the creation of Al Gore's mind.

LouCipherr
27-Feb-2007, 03:50 PM
How could you ignore the fact that we are destroying the Earth and this man is trying to prevent it? Thats pretty rediculous to try and say that Global Warming is just the creation of Al Gore's mind.

I'm not ignoring it, but I refuse to be fed made up facts by Gore and accept them as the truth.

DjfunkmasterG
27-Feb-2007, 03:57 PM
They are truth. He has scientists and data to back up his claims. Remember you don't have to be right as long as you argue correctly. He argued correctly and won himself an Oscar. :sneaky: :D

Gore for President 2008 :D

Danny
27-Feb-2007, 04:51 PM
just something funny i thought id point out ,the inconvienient truth dvd is being sold over here in a cardboard package rather than a plastic box, which is a noble thing to.

...however the shops are all wrapping them in plastic bags to prevent shop lifting:lol:

LouCipherr
27-Feb-2007, 05:30 PM
They are truth. He has scientists and data to back up his claims. Remember you don't have to be right as long as you argue correctly. He argued correctly and won himself an Oscar.

Gore for President 2008

Wait, hold the train... "they are the truth" but "you don't have to be right as long as you argue correctly. He argued correctly and won himself an Oscar"??

Do I need to point out what's wrong with that statement? :p

Puh-lease, Dj - stop trying to 'wind me up' just for conversation sake. :finger: :D

hellsing - that's cool, at least the box is biodegradable for when it gets thrown in the trash can... but I wonder, how many trees his movie is killing to make the packaging? Surely, with him being the greenpeace tree-hugging nutbag he is, this can't possibly be acceptable!!

:lol:

DjfunkmasterG
27-Feb-2007, 06:07 PM
They are using recycled material. :D :p :sneaky: :lol: :moon:

Minerva_Zombi
27-Feb-2007, 07:11 PM
Yeah and if Gore was just making **** up, I'm sure he'd have been ostricized by now.

LouCipherr
27-Feb-2007, 07:25 PM
...and he hasn't been? I guess it's all in who you ask, eh?

They are using recycled material.

Good one, ya bastid! :p :D

DjfunkmasterG
27-Feb-2007, 07:26 PM
As far as I am concerned he is President Al Gore. He was elected, not selected. :p

LouCipherr
27-Feb-2007, 07:28 PM
As far as I am concerned he is President Al Gore. He was elected, not selected. :p

President Al Gore? :lol:

Dude, stop swinging from his nuts. :lol:

Danny
27-Feb-2007, 08:15 PM
i think he's my countrys goverments enviroment go to guy now, like officially or somethin', though i pay no attention to politics, i saw a re-run of old 70's safety films about man-bear-pig:lol:

Minerva_Zombi
28-Feb-2007, 01:57 AM
Yeah he is President Al Gore. That was a dark day in our nations history when he was robbed...

DeadJonas190
28-Feb-2007, 04:08 AM

You can claim he is wrong, call his facts bullsh*t, but what research have you done and what qualifies you to say this? Please don't point to a few biased websites that are supported by unqualified claims.

Global warming has been being studied for decades now and it has been proven time and time again, yet people without any type of scientific background try to claim that it's false, it's not true, it's not that bad. Why would so many of the worlds top researches claim something to be true if it were all made up?

Oh wait, I forgot, Bush says it isn't real so it's not real. Right Wing science at it's best.

El_Hooligan
28-Feb-2007, 04:17 AM
Five words: TO HELL WITH THE OSCARS