PDA

View Full Version : More Lucas madness!

Neil
27-Feb-2007, 12:04 PM
http://www.slipperybrick.com/2007/02/lucasfilm-digg/

Eyebiter
27-Feb-2007, 12:42 PM
That's weak. I recall the Dig game back in the old days when CD-Rom drives were a novelty. Many copies were bundled with new PC's. I'd guess Lucas wants to develop a film from the intellectual property, and this is one way to generate free publicity?

MikePizzoff
27-Feb-2007, 01:47 PM
What?! Is he serious? What a putz.

DVW5150
27-Feb-2007, 02:00 PM
BTW : I had the unfortunate privilege of viewing the 'augmented' version of THX-1138...He (Lucas) added cgi to some shots , which to me ruined the film . Geez , why dont they leave this awesome film alone ... It was great the way it was ! :mad:

Neil
27-Feb-2007, 02:11 PM
BTW : I had the unfortunate privilege of viewing the 'augmented' version of THX-1138...He (Lucas) added cgi to some shots , which to me ruined the film . Geez , why dont they leave this awesome film alone ... It was great the way it was ! :mad:

He doesn't seem to realise that he's not the same person (or indeed working with the same people) as 20-30 years ago! He had a big fire in his belly then... Now he just has a big belly!

axlish
27-Feb-2007, 02:14 PM
He doesn't seem to realise that he's not the same person (or indeed working with the same people) as 20-30 years ago! He had a big fire in his belly then... Now he just has a big belly!

Yet somehow you still hang on his every move. I like the guy and I stopped caring years ago. Those old movies still exist, much like Stephen King's original novels.

Neil
27-Feb-2007, 02:40 PM
Yet somehow you still hang on his every move. I like the guy and I stopped caring years ago. Those old movies still exist, much like Stephen King's original novels.

Going to be interesting to see what the Indy film is like... Fingers crossed...

Also, we have A LOT of extremely good scifi series on TV now, so I wonder how the Star Wars series will hold up!

EvilNed
27-Feb-2007, 04:18 PM
This is LucasFilm we're talking about, not Lucas himself. Anyway, the Lawsuit won't hold. Just because you've copyrighted The Dig, doesn't mean you've copyrighted everything that sounds vaguely the same.

coma
28-Feb-2007, 03:18 PM
Lucas has turned into a world class butthead. The new trilogy had kinda ruined the first 3 for me. Its a stigma that hangs over the whole thing.
The Annakin race thing was one of the dumbest things I have ever seen.
And the original trilogy is not available on DVD in its original form. You have to get LAserDisc or VHS rips for that.

capncnut
28-Feb-2007, 04:03 PM
And the original trilogy is not available on DVD in its original form. You have to get LaserDisc or VHS rips for that.
I know man, that's the biggest kick to the bollocks ever.