PDA

View Full Version : MLB 2k7 demo is out

MikePizzoff
27-Feb-2007, 01:51 PM
I downloaded it yesterday. Pretty much the same game (as usual) with some minor adjustments that make me extremely happy because they bugged the shiv out of me on 2k6:

-The manual replays are farking amazing looking! Probably the best graphics I've ever seen in a replay on any game.

-The graphics are superb. This game really is "next-gen".

-The character model animation is great when they're fielding. No more ball passing them and mysteriously appearing in their glove. Now the ball actually goes into the glove!

-They seemed to of upped the difficulty a little bit, thankfully.

Anyone else have stuff to add on to this? Perhaps things they don't like about it?

slickwilly13
27-Feb-2007, 02:47 PM
Hopefully, they fixed the controls which ruined it for me in 2K6.

MikePizzoff
27-Feb-2007, 03:06 PM
What about the controls didn't you like?

slickwilly13
27-Feb-2007, 07:28 PM
I had to use the analog stick for the bat. I'm an old schooled gamer who is used to button smashing such a MLB series for Sega Genesis. The use of analog was diffrent for me in a bad way. The computer was having a better time knocking it out of the park, while my team struggled with batting. I just didn't care for the controls.

MikePizzoff
27-Feb-2007, 10:15 PM
Gah, you can just go into the options and change it so you swing with the push of the 'A' button!!! It's called "classic swing".

slickwilly13
28-Feb-2007, 12:57 AM
I tried that, but it didn't feel the same to me. Just not my favorite baseball game. I doubt I'll play the next one.

slickwilly13
01-Mar-2007, 09:01 PM
Btw, is this a game you plan on buying? If so, I'll rent it one day and play you on Xbox Live.

MikePizzoff
02-Mar-2007, 03:06 AM
Btw, is this a game you plan on buying? If so, I'll rent it one day and play you on Xbox Live.

Yeah but I have no idea when that will be. I have to get Gears Of War before that. And before I can get Gears I have to pay the rent I'm behind on and phone bill.

slickwilly13
02-Mar-2007, 03:46 AM
Let us know when you get Gears. I have the game and believe some others own it as well. We'll team up or have some death matches. Btw, 2 player co-op on the main game kicks ass.