PDA

View Full Version : War War Z news

Geophyrd
27-Feb-2007, 02:58 PM
Wow

From Dark Horizons (http://www.darkhorizons.com/news07/070227e.php)

Zombie "War" Enlists JMS & Pitt
Posted: Tuesday February 27th 2007 12:26am
Source: UK IGN
Author: Garth Franklin

J. Michael Straczynski, the man who created what remains one of TV most complex serial dramas "Babylon 5", is set to write the adaptation of "World War Z" by Max Brooks for Paramount Pictures reports IGN.

The novel, a clever collection of retrospective interview anecdotes, covers the accounts of nearly four dozen people from all walks of life who played different parts in a virus pandemic that turned most of the world's population into zombies and threatened to overwhelm the globe until we fought back.

Various chapters have some strong political bents - an ex-Apartheid official develops an inhumane but effective solution to the zombie plagues, Israel undergoes a controversial self-quarantine, North America becomes a wasteland whilst Cuba prospers, and China is essentially responsible for the outbreak thanks to the ecological disruption caused by the Three Gorges Dam.

"I'm adapting that for Paramount. For Brad Pitt potentially -- we'll see what happens. He might be the star in it. It's very political, very smart, very cagey" says Straczynski.

The main problem of course is structure - each chapter deals with a different character in a different situation so he is constructing the film around the interviewer who will travel from place to place visiting people.

He adds "I'm being very faithful to the book, letter by letter when I can, and I'm on about page 70 right now and I'm really happy with it".

MikePizzoff
27-Feb-2007, 03:04 PM
This is great news. I still haven't read this book but all of my friends say it's really good.

Neil
27-Feb-2007, 03:05 PM
Wow

From Dark Horizons (http://www.darkhorizons.com/news07/070227e.php)

Zombie "War" Enlists JMS & Pitt
Posted: Tuesday February 27th 2007 12:26am
Source: UK IGN
Author: Garth Franklin

J. Michael Straczynski, the man who created what remains one of TV most complex serial dramas "Babylon 5", is set to write the adaptation of "World War Z" by Max Brooks for Paramount Pictures reports IGN.

The novel, a clever collection of retrospective interview anecdotes, covers the accounts of nearly four dozen people from all walks of life who played different parts in a virus pandemic that turned most of the world's population into zombies and threatened to overwhelm the globe until we fought back.

Various chapters have some strong political bents - an ex-Apartheid official develops an inhumane but effective solution to the zombie plagues, Israel undergoes a controversial self-quarantine, North America becomes a wasteland whilst Cuba prospers, and China is essentially responsible for the outbreak thanks to the ecological disruption caused by the Three Gorges Dam.

"I'm adapting that for Paramount. For Brad Pitt potentially -- we'll see what happens. He might be the star in it. It's very political, very smart, very cagey" says Straczynski.

The main problem of course is structure - each chapter deals with a different character in a different situation so he is constructing the film around the interviewer who will travel from place to place visiting people.

He adds "I'm being very faithful to the book, letter by letter when I can, and I'm on about page 70 right now and I'm really happy with it".

Do you think Straczynski is up to this?

capncnut
27-Feb-2007, 03:23 PM
Maybe now I'll see what all the hype is about.

Geophyrd
27-Feb-2007, 04:12 PM
Straczinski's been entertaining me for YEARS. He'll be great

coma
28-Feb-2007, 03:21 PM
I am not a B5 fan but that is more a matter of taste rather than quality.
He will probably do a good job. And being faithful to the novel is a really good start. If Brad Pitt is in it that will guarantee a sick budget

foolykonno3
04-Mar-2007, 06:37 AM
it's good to hear news of any kind. I haven't heard anything since the time they announced that Brad Pitt's studio won the rights.

jdog
04-Mar-2007, 06:40 AM
i hope the movie does the book justice.

foolykonno3
04-Mar-2007, 07:51 AM
i hope the movie does the book justice.

I hope that Max Brooks is in it.