PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Four: Rise of the SIlver Surfer

Neil
01-Mar-2007, 08:06 AM
I hope it's better than the last one! Pleeeeaassssee!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/31724

Danny
01-Mar-2007, 11:09 AM
were the frigg is galactus?, i think kelsey grammer should play him that'd be funny as hell.

bassman
01-Mar-2007, 01:02 PM
Never been into the Fantastic Four comics or anything, but I think the last film was what they intended it to be.....mindless summer action flick. Plus, Jessica Alba can make anything better.:)

I'll check out the new one...

capncnut
01-Mar-2007, 06:52 PM
<groans>

Eyebiter
02-Mar-2007, 08:42 PM
Would be nice to see some of the Marvel Universe continuity acknowledged rather than trying to develop a new intellectual property for each franchise.

Unfortunately movie studios always want to "reinvent" comic book franchises, with predictable results. Hulk, Captain America, Daredevil, Electra, Superman Remake are only a few examples. Apparently they still haven't learned if you mess with the formula too much audiences will hate the movie.

coma
02-Mar-2007, 08:47 PM
Would be nice to see some of the Marvel Universe continuity acknowledged rather than trying to develop a new intellectual property for each franchise.

Unfortunately movie studios always want to "reinvent" comic book franchises, with predictable results. Hulk, Captain America, Daredevil, Electra, Superman Remake are only a few examples. Apparently they still haven't learned if you mess with the formula too much audiences will hate the movie.
Like revealing the secret identity, which almost never happens in the comics. Its a source of tension that must be manintained. Sam Raimi gets it for the most part.

I'll bet anything it says "silver surfer. created by Stan Lee".

The Galactus/Slver Surfer comic triology is one of the most enduring and fully realized in Marvel comics and I cant under stand why you would have to change it at all. Any FF book after 1982 pretty much sucks anyway.

I find the Hulk unwatchable. I give it, out of 1 to 10, a zero.

HLS
02-Mar-2007, 11:57 PM
You did not like the first? i thought it was awesome and I look forward to the next.:D

coma
03-Mar-2007, 12:23 AM
You did not like the first? i thought it was awesome and I look forward to the next.:D
If youre talking to me about the Hulk, I'll tell you why.
All the split screen experimental nonsense. I found it completely distracting and was more suited to an arty short than the Hulk, imo. I tried to watch it about 5 different times and had to stop it, it was so annoying. Hense the Sub Ed wood Rating. I cant even comment on the story or characters because I couldn't even notice it. The Hulk is crying out for a reedit or a really good fan edit.

Danny
03-Mar-2007, 01:47 PM
i must be the only comic book fan who liked hulk, granted it was a little arty but i liked it, plus the next ones meant to be back to the good old "hulk smash" type thing, it wasnt a great comic adaption but it was a decent monster movie, though i think technically the monster was a human in that one.

HLS
03-Mar-2007, 04:11 PM
If youre talking to me about the Hulk, I'll tell you why.
All the split screen experimental nonsense. I found it completely distracting and was more suited to an arty short than the Hulk, imo. I tried to watch it about 5 different times and had to stop it, it was so annoying. Hense the Sub Ed wood Rating. I cant even comment on the story or characters because I couldn't even notice it. The Hulk is crying out for a reedit or a really good fan edit.
The Hulk was the worst movie ever. Boy I was major disapointed on that
one. I agree it needs some rework. I loved the Fantastic 4 dispite the dude that played the rubber guy was kinda gayish.

i did not even bother to see Electra. It had to be lame.

coma
03-Mar-2007, 04:29 PM
The Hulk was the worst movie ever. Boy I was major disapointed on that
one. I agree it needs some rework. I loved the Fantastic 4 dispite the dude that played the rubber guy was kinda gayish.

The Rubber guy is the Thing and he was played by Michael Chiklis who is the bald dude on the Shield. I thought the FF movies was OK but it was too simplified. If they focus on Redd and the Thing mostly it would be much better.

i did not even bother to see Electra. It had to be lame.
Me neither. I could care less. And Deredevil was wack as hell. Theres a fan edit thats alot better. They cut almost the whole Daredevil/Electra fight scene in the park when they meet. That was so unbelievably stupid. Its like a 10 year olds fantasy on how to meet a girl.

capncnut
03-Mar-2007, 08:12 PM
I'll stick with the comics thank you. :D