PDA

View Full Version : David Fincher and Zodiac

EvilNed
02-Mar-2007, 10:10 PM
What's your take on this? Anyone seen it? Planning to see it?

I'm sceptical, for several reasons. First off, thrillers have never been my favourite genre. Second, the film is 160 minutes long, and that's usually NOT to a films benefit. Thirdly, I'm not sure about Fincher himself.

I thought seven was mediocre and a standard thriller. Fight Club was excellent, but I've only seen it thrice, and the last two times the novelty of it has just worn off completly. I only found it fun the first time around. Panic Room, I've only seen once. It was original but not very scary. Alright. Again, mediocre. The Alien3 Extended Cut I also liked alot, but I don't know how close that is to Finchers vision. But visually, I think he really did great with that film.

Oh, I forgot the Game. That film was ace. I loved it, through and through. It's a film that always snatches me in. But then again, it wasn't 160 minutes long.

jdog
02-Mar-2007, 10:29 PM
looks alright to me from what i saw on the trailer, i'll go give it a watch when it gets to my theater.

MinionZombie
02-Mar-2007, 10:31 PM
Haven't you seen Se7en? That's a superbly crafted film.

I'm looking forward to Zodiac, it's about time Fincher put something new out...and Fight Club was fantastic.

EvilNed
02-Mar-2007, 10:37 PM
Yes, I've seen Seven (or Se7en). But as I said, I didn't like it much. It's just an ordinary thriller with Morgan Freeman. All that's missing is Ashley Judd and you've got your basic big-city thriller.

capncnut
02-Mar-2007, 11:01 PM
What the hell is it about?

coma
02-Mar-2007, 11:14 PM
Haven't you seen Se7en? That's a superbly crafted film.

I'm looking forward to Zodiac, it's about time Fincher put something new out...and Fight Club was fantastic.
I thought seven was a bunch of Serial Killer cliches mashed together in a great looking package. I found it utterly predictable and, frankly, fairly crap.
I Love fight club, though.

What the hell is it about?
A sreial Killer who named himself Zodiac who killed a bunch of people in the 60s. He sent cryptic letters adorned with symbols and code to newspapers and often called the cops himself to tell them he just killed some one
He was never caught.

capncnut
02-Mar-2007, 11:21 PM
Ah, so it's based on the real life Zodiac killer. Mmm, interesting.

coma
02-Mar-2007, 11:36 PM
Ah, so it's based on the real life Zodiac killer. Mmm, interesting.
I am curious how you resolve a story without an ending. I will def see this

capncnut
03-Mar-2007, 07:52 PM
I will no doubt end up going to see this too. David Fincher is an awesome director and I have enjoyed all of his films so far, even Alien 3.

bassman
05-Mar-2007, 01:29 PM
If it's David Fincher, I'm there. Not only do we get "Zodiac" now....but his next film, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" should be released at the end of this year.