PDA

View Full Version : Beer Fights Cancer: Official

DjfunkmasterG
06-Mar-2007, 03:10 PM
http://www.theregister.com/2005/01/20/beer_fights_cancer/

bassman
06-Mar-2007, 03:29 PM
Hell yeah.....I'll take that one to the bank. Time to hit the local bar tonight!:D

Terran
06-Mar-2007, 03:33 PM
Hell yeah.....I'll take that one to the bank. Time to hit the local bar tonight!:D

Heheh

But before we all rush off to the pub for a lifesaving pint, some unanswered questions remain. New Scientist notes that heavy boozing is responsible for around six per cent of cancers in the West. Since the mice were refreshed with non-alcoholic beer, the scientists cannot confirm that "moderate consumption of normal beer has any anti-cancer benefits".

bassman
06-Mar-2007, 04:07 PM
Yeah yeah, I read the article. It just made me feel slightly better about the plans I had already made to hit the bar after work.:)

Hell, just the fact that it MIGHT be of some help(aside from getting a buzz) is good enough for me.:p

DjfunkmasterG
06-Mar-2007, 04:26 PM
So if I took up drinking and kept smoking I could fight off the cancer with Lager. :D

coma
06-Mar-2007, 06:16 PM
remember eggs are good, eggs are bad,eggs are good, eggs are bad,eggs are good, eggs are bad?
Its still flip flopping.
I give that a big fat whatever

jdog
06-Mar-2007, 07:45 PM
right on. time to drink up.

MaximusIncredulous
06-Mar-2007, 08:14 PM
It's about time one of these indulgences were labled "good for you".

MikePizzoff
06-Mar-2007, 08:39 PM
When don't I have a beer? It's about time there's a slight possibility it can benefit me in at least one way.

capncnut
06-Mar-2007, 09:37 PM
On the one day that I decide not to drink and someone posts this. :D

Terran
06-Mar-2007, 10:20 PM
remember eggs are good, eggs are bad,eggs are good, eggs are bad,eggs are good, eggs are bad?
Its still flip flopping.
I give that a big fat whatever

Reason why it keeps going back in forth is that they are both right.....

eggs good in some cases....bad in others....etc....It will be difficult for them to figure out if there are more positive attributes than negative ones

Danny
07-Mar-2007, 12:08 AM
how many people are gonna care thats my question, bers been called bad for years, very bad for your liver but people still drink cus they love the stuff, just like i love dr.pepper as my beverage of choice even though i know its rots me teeth, i dont drink beer, not cus its bad for me but cus it tastes like and gets you pissed.:lol:

capncnut
07-Mar-2007, 12:58 AM
Ice cold Dr Pepper is a fantastic substitute for beer but I get a bit fed up with soft drinks by the second pint. Now beer, I can sink 15 of those suckers easy. :skull:

jdog
07-Mar-2007, 05:25 AM
Ice cold Dr Pepper is a fantastic substitute for beer but I get a bit fed up with soft drinks by the second pint. Now beer, I can sink 15 of those suckers easy. :skull:

DR pepper cant be beat, except by beer.

coma
07-Mar-2007, 06:01 AM
DR pepper cant be beat, except by beer.
Dr Pepper is a helluva soda.
a helluva soda:)

capncnut
08-Mar-2007, 02:02 AM
Big up the Dr Pepper massive. YO! :lol:

raym
08-Mar-2007, 02:55 PM
So it's like wine then?

Hrmmm...

coma
08-Mar-2007, 04:22 PM
Big up the Dr Pepper massive. YO! :lol:
I used to have a stash can that looked identical except fo "Dr. Pecker":)