PDA

View Full Version : Night of the Comet on DVD released today

axlish
06-Mar-2007, 04:21 PM
Did anyone pick this up? This release snuck up on me. Someone drop some details on me if you did.
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000MDFTHE.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V46840988_.jpg

Danny
06-Mar-2007, 05:54 PM
hmm....looks like youd need to bring some crackers with you to watch this one:shifty:

bassman
06-Mar-2007, 06:17 PM
According to some reviews of the disc on Amazon, it's a bare bones release. You get the widescreen version(this guy says it's the first time ever) and 2.0 sound. That's about it from what I can tell....

coma
06-Mar-2007, 06:20 PM
The divx rip from VHS has an alternate TV ending. I think there is a DVD with a special cable TV edit included.
DVD release. Cool
Bare Bones. Sucks!!!
This movie rocks. Its one of the better zombieish flick and a real good example of the better 80s horror film.

bassman
06-Mar-2007, 06:34 PM
I haven't seen it but I can't imagine it being worse than "Return".:eek:

axlish
06-Mar-2007, 06:42 PM
The divx rip from VHS has an alternate TV ending. I think there is a DVD with a special cable TV edit included.

Are you sure you aren't talking about Night of the Creeps?

If you haven't seen this, you should. It's an armageddon film, 80's style.

coma
06-Mar-2007, 07:22 PM
Are you sure you aren't talking about Night of the Creeps?

If you haven't seen this, you should. It's an armageddon film, 80's style.
Whoooooops!
heheheheh:p

I have Night of the Comet, but havent got to watch it yet. Creeps isnt on DVD either, I think. Or wasnt

jdog
06-Mar-2007, 07:43 PM
i need to rush out and get me a copy, havn't seen this one for years.
good times if i remember right.

axlish
06-Mar-2007, 08:10 PM
No, Creeps is not even on the horizon for a release, but an HD version is on MonstersHD and it looks very nice.

MikePizzoff
06-Mar-2007, 08:32 PM
hmm....looks like youd need to bring some crackers with you to watch this one:shifty:

What does that mean? Have you never seen this? Pffft some zombie fan you are. :p

I'd get this DVD but if it doesn't have any special features I'll just stick with my original VHS copy. I'm hoping this means they'll eventually release one with bonus material.

capncnut
06-Mar-2007, 10:38 PM
Barebones? Try this: Widescreen feature (not an extra), 2.0 Dolby sound (not an extra), English subtitles (not an extra), Chapter Select (not an extra), and trailer (just one lousy extra). I have been wanting to get this movie on dvd for YEARS and this is the best they can do? Hmm, I'll wait for Anchor Bay or someone to pick it up and give it the treatment it deserves.

axlish
06-Mar-2007, 11:00 PM
I saw it at Best Buy for 12.99 and had to pass it up. That is too much to charge for a single layer, bare bones release. I'll wait for it to hit the bargain bin.

capncnut
06-Mar-2007, 11:48 PM
I think I'll be doing the same.

AcesandEights
06-Mar-2007, 11:57 PM
Thank you for posting this! For a time, as a kid, this was my favorite cheesy movie. I know I will be picking it up soon.

Odd, that I was just thinking about this film the other day...

capncnut
07-Mar-2007, 12:36 AM
Night of the Comet was your favourite cheesy film as a kid? Dude, you're supposed to be 101! :confused::lol:

El_Hooligan
07-Mar-2007, 01:21 AM
If you like radioactive mutant/zombie things, check out Defcon 4. It's from the 80s too.

DEAD BEAT
07-Mar-2007, 03:17 AM
You know this one is not to bad but like most people i haven't seen it in awhile because it wasn't availble until now!

Someone help me if im not mistaken i heard that there is a possible remake for this movie!:rockbrow:

Mutineer
07-Mar-2007, 04:01 AM
Thank you for posting this! For a time, as a kid, this was my favorite cheesy movie. I know I will be picking it up soon.

Odd, that I was just thinking about this film the other day...

A True killer film

Im on it !

AcesandEights
07-Mar-2007, 05:06 AM
Night of the Comet was your favourite cheesy film as a kid? Dude, you're supposed to be 101! :confused::lol:

Hehe :D , that's actually a really good catch on your part (I forgot about ages being listed on the forum). I just turned...30...something :shifty:

Jesus, did that hurt to admit. Do not tell the 24 year old I am dating!

Danny
07-Mar-2007, 11:53 AM
^and who says pimpin' aint easy?:p

jdog
07-Mar-2007, 10:12 PM
i looked every where for this today but could not find it anywhere.

Eyebiter
07-Mar-2007, 11:40 PM
Don't let the cheesy trailer fool you, this is a great 80's movie.

Catherine Mary Stewart
(http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0829252/) was on a few episodes of the Outer Limits a few years ago, she still looks good.

capncnut
08-Mar-2007, 03:51 AM
Don't let the cheesy trailer fool you, this is a great 80's movie.
Couldn't agree more. Sort of similar to Day of the Triffids in a way but without the plants. :D

Dawg
08-Mar-2007, 09:33 PM
Barebones? Try this: Widescreen feature (not an extra), 2.0 Dolby sound (not an extra), English subtitles (not an extra), Chapter Select (not an extra), and trailer (just one lousy extra). I have been wanting to get this movie on dvd for YEARS and this is the best they can do? Hmm, I'll wait for Anchor Bay or someone to pick it up and give it the treatment it deserves.

I ended up picking it up at Wally World (Wal-Mart) for around $9 and loose change and it has NO extras what-so-ever, not even the trailer mentioned. (Unless I am blind, but no.)

Still, better than nothing for the moment.

:dead: Dawg

MoonSylver
08-Mar-2007, 09:36 PM
I saw it at Best Buy for 12.99 and had to pass it up. That is too much to charge for a single layer, bare bones release. I'll wait for it to hit the bargain bin.

It was weird. Same day you posted this I walked into Wal-Mart & there it was! They're only charging $9.97. Still a bit steep for nothing extra, but I went ahead & picked it upas all I had was an ancient VHS dub from cable.

capncnut
09-Mar-2007, 12:10 AM
I ended up picking it up at Wally World (Wal-Mart) for around $9 and loose change and it has NO extras what-so-ever, not even the trailer mentioned. (Unless I am blind, but no.)
That's appalling, considering there was a few trailers out at the time. Here's one of 'em.

d6dOoyghxb0

axlish
09-Mar-2007, 01:07 AM
I'll definitely be heading up to Wally World to see if I can find it.

Wow, no trailer. Sub-Bare-Bones.

HLS
09-Mar-2007, 01:22 AM
i need to rush out and get me a copy, havn't seen this one for years.
good times if i remember right.

Yes, I remember it well. I good flick!

AcesandEights
09-Mar-2007, 03:19 AM
Thanks for posting the trailer, CapnKnut! I had major flashbacks when I saw it and the thing thta popped into my head at the very end was 'DMK.'

If anyone can remember this reference without having seen the film within the last few years, then uo and I are in the same league of 80s, cable tv geekdom.

zombieslayer
09-Mar-2007, 01:15 PM
i seen it when it first came out. it has some funny parts in it. it was on showtime a few weeks ago too.

Dawg
09-Mar-2007, 09:19 PM
Seeing that trailer made me remember women in the '80s, especially when they were made-up.

Do you agree they were pretty glamourous then just like they were in the 1940s?

Real beautiful, not to say there isn't any today, but the make-up, hair, and clothing just fit perfectly.

BTW- What the f**k has happened to nurses today? A lot of them are dumpy with those damn scrubs on. Bring back the sexy nurses with the white uniforms and caps, damn it! Hehe! (I never stayed in a hospital when they were like this. (When was the last time btw?) But I saw movies and the like.)

coma
09-Mar-2007, 10:07 PM
Seeing that trailer made me remember women in the '80s, especially when they were made-up.

Do you agree they were pretty glamourous then just like they were in the 1940s?

Real beautiful, not to say there isn't any today, but the make-up, hair, and clothing just fit perfectly.

BTW- What the f**k has happened to nurses today? A lot of them are dumpy with those damn scrubs on. Bring back the sexy nurses with the white uniforms and caps, damn it! Hehe! (I never stayed in a hospital when they were like this. (When was the last time btw?) But I saw movies and the like.)

I don't agree. I thought fashion was mostly cheesy and overboard with stuff like flouresant sweatshirts and too much blush. Maybe some were glamerous but I think girls look way better now. Movies were not how people actually looked.

MoonSylver
09-Mar-2007, 10:10 PM
Thanks for posting the trailer, CapnKnut! I had major flashbacks when I saw it and the thing thta popped into my head at the very end was 'DMK.'

If anyone can remember this reference without having seen the film within the last few years, then uo and I are in the same league of 80s, cable tv geekdom.

I've been looking for "DMK" on licence plates for years....;)

bub21
11-Mar-2007, 04:48 PM
saw NOTC when i was much younger, pretty good i remember, especially seeing the city a tinted red

Dawg
11-Mar-2007, 09:26 PM
I don't agree. I thought fashion was mostly cheesy and overboard with stuff like flouresant sweatshirts and too much blush. Maybe some were glamerous but I think girls look way better now. Movies were not how people actually looked.

Let me rephrase that. I didn't mean the everyday cheese, I meant when people went out for a night on the town. Maybe I'm just remembering movies and not real life, because I was like 10 in 1984.

coma
11-Mar-2007, 10:15 PM
Let me rephrase that. I didn't mean the everyday cheese, I meant when people went out for a night on the town. Maybe I'm just remembering movies and not real life, because I was like 10 in 1984.

I was 16. I would say to people I knew
"man, this s**t is ****ing cheesy'
"ah, you dont know anything about fashion"
well, I guess I did because in the end I was right.
I thought some thing was wrong with me becasue I thought overweight girls looked awful in huge seatshirts:)
Thye wore more perfume, more makeup, more Jewlery, longer faker nails. Every Ladies room stank of Aquanet. It was kinda gross. Everybody smelt like a hair salon storage room.
Big hair. I mean, enourmous. And stiff as a board.
You would see your GF without makeup and literally not recognize her.
Lets not forget the ultra tight pants with the ultra camel toes. On some girls it was very disturbing.
15 tri colored gold bracelets on one wrist. Some people wore 2 watches, all gold and tacky.
Some of the 80s metal girls were really sexy, though.

yeah dude. You remember the movies.:D

The stupid pastel sweater tied around the neck was the lamest. That you DO see in alot of old movies, especially horor movies

AcesandEights
12-Mar-2007, 10:59 PM
Bought this Saturday and got to check it out again. Fantastic! It seemed, however, shorter than I remember :(

As far as women in the 80s...I don't like the heavy make up and poofed up hair...and shoulder pads! :confused:

capncnut
13-Mar-2007, 04:53 PM
The scene in the clothes shop was excellent. :lol:

Danny
14-Mar-2007, 06:46 AM
just saw this on the sci-fi channel tonight, wierd coincidence huh?:shifty: , and it was pretty funny, not the greatest zombie film, but i can see how it may have influenced shaun of the dead a little, the "crossing at the red light" joke in particular.

capncnut
14-Mar-2007, 10:36 AM
Say WHAT? You mean to say that I missed it? F**k! F**k! F**k! F**k! (Having a Dante moment :D)

Danny
14-Mar-2007, 11:08 AM
yeah, but i should think it'd be repeated as it part of a "80's" season on the sci-fi channel.

capncnut
15-Mar-2007, 07:03 AM
Ill have to keep an eye out for that then.

Head Shotz
17-Mar-2007, 09:12 PM
In an earlier post someone mentioned an alternate ending to NOTC. Anyone know anything?:rockbrow: :rockbrow: :rockbrow:

coma
17-Mar-2007, 10:08 PM
In an earlier post someone mentioned an alternate ending to NOTC. Anyone know anything?:rockbrow: :rockbrow: :rockbrow:
That was me.
The alternate ending is a blob type thing where it is obvious they are not finished yet.
or vice versa. Its been a while

Bongholio
26-Mar-2007, 10:23 PM
Eyebiters into Catherine Mary Stewart like a stalker,...let me warn you,...hehehe
the movie was good fun I would get the dvd if I felt ultra needy and saw it

Eyebiter
27-Mar-2007, 01:25 PM
Found a good Night of the Comet fan site.

http://www.nightofthecomet.info/