PDA

View Full Version : Study: R-Rated movies lure white teens into smoking?

DjfunkmasterG
06-Mar-2007, 04:50 PM
I think this is a crock of sh*t personally but whatever. Read and decide for yourself.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070306/film_nm/smoking_movies_dc;_ylt=AogSqbKAZo3KQNmFuWLeesRxFb8 C

bassman
06-Mar-2007, 04:57 PM
Yeah....crock of sh*t. That's not how it ever seemed to me, anyway...

Danny
06-Mar-2007, 05:45 PM
im a white teen and i think cigarettes are ****ing desgusting and make you smell like a car burnt out form a crack deal gone wrong.

so no i guess it doesnt make teens smoke.

coma
06-Mar-2007, 05:56 PM
at all costs, SAVE THE WHITE CHILDREN.
Kids smoke becasue it looks cool. Aloof, destructive, Anti authority, adult. At least in other kids eyes. And now, affluent. Its not a big mystery. If you want to be different from the scaredey cat teachers pets, you smoke and snarl.

axlish
06-Mar-2007, 06:45 PM
IMHO, you are a rebel today if you are a kid and

1.Don't Smoke
2.Don't have a tattoo
3.Don't have an odd piercing

coma
06-Mar-2007, 07:15 PM

1.Don't Smoke
2.Don't have a tattoo
Hate Tats and wierd piercings. I am not impressed. My old band used to say we are the only tatless, No piercing band in the world.
when I saw poncy prep school kids with "tribals" or scarification rather than bikers I knew it was mad corny.
I know some of you may get ultra pissed at that statement, but It's my feeling in it

Want to be a rebel? read a book and be proud of being smart

DVW5150
06-Mar-2007, 07:27 PM
Seems to me , parenting has all in the world to do with this . Parental groups have always pointed their bony finger at movies to blame them for teen behavior . :mad:

MinionZombie
06-Mar-2007, 07:53 PM
Axlish, you know, that's pretty truthful these days.

Like here in the UK, if you wanna be a rebel, don't drink your guts out.

And yeah, smoking looks cool. I remember a school trip in primary school and a whole bunch went into a joke shop and bought joke cigarettes (you blew into them and white dust/power came out to look like smoke) - and the cool thing was, the teachers had no problem with that, lol.

Anyway, it looked cool and made you feel all James Dean like. Yeah, you see it in a movie and it looks cool, but the reality comes alive when you actually smell the cancer sticks themselves...or watch an educational video with a dude squeezing a smoker's lung until a thick load of lumpy yellow sh*t came flying out - that put me off it forever.

I've never smoked a ciggy, but it was when I went to uni that I ended up schmokin' a little of da 'erb, but didn't do a lot, I preferred eating it so I didn't have to smoke it with tobacco in it, which just tasted like complete and utter sh*t and make my throat hurt. :D

Interesting that they set aside "white teens".

If you're going to get into smoking in this day and age, you've gotta be some kind of idiot really, with all the anti-smoking air around you'd think they wouldn't bother - mind you, what really gets them into is:

1) Peer pressure
2) Their parents being smokers

I've seen a lot of it throughout my short time on this earth thus far. Kids from smoking families are far more likely to become smokers themselves, while those from non-smoking families, over the piece, don't become smokers. There's the exceptions on both sides of course, but that's generally what I've found.

As for schmokin' da 'erb, lol, that's much more scattergun I've found, I'm very much anti-smoking (not in the tosser way though), but I see a point in weed, I've dabbled in it, but ain't dabbled in a couple of years now...

Where was I?

Ach, a movie won't make a kid smoke, same as a movie won't make anyone do anything bad, your real life world will make you do things, as *shock horror*, kids today can actuall tell the difference between fiction and reality...some researchers are such penises. :lol:

coma
06-Mar-2007, 09:21 PM
watch an educational video with a dude squeezing a smoker's lung until a thick load of lumpy yellow sh*t came flying out - that put me off it forever.
The key is to NOT think about that. Think of looking like Jimmy Page in 1975:)

..some researchers are such penises. :lol:
Aint that the truth
btw, The word penis is intrinsically hilarious

MinionZombie
06-Mar-2007, 09:32 PM
btw, The word penis is intrinsically hilarious

You're daaaaaaaamn right. :D

"some researchers are such vaginas" ... not as hilarious I don't think, penis is just a completely funny word, I always thought it was daft ever since I was a kid, it just inspires you to say it in a funny manner ... I mean how can you seriously say "penis" in a completely straight-faced manner? I mean ... come on! :)

coma
06-Mar-2007, 09:45 PM
You're daaaaaaaamn right. :D

"some researchers are such vaginas" ... not as hilarious I don't think, penis is just a completely funny word, I always thought it was daft ever since I was a kid, it just inspires you to say it in a funny manner ... I mean how can you seriously say "penis" in a completely straight-faced manner? I mean ... come on! :)
Vagina sounds like a disease. Like angina.
btw
PENIS!

capncnut
06-Mar-2007, 09:58 PM
Gosh, what a load of old cock dribble that was.

MikePizzoff
06-Mar-2007, 10:32 PM
Um I believe penis plural is PENI.

EvilNed
06-Mar-2007, 10:36 PM
No offense, but...

1) The teens that DON'T watch alot of R-rated movies are obviously not that fun to hang around with anyway, which means that they don't get invited to parties and thus they aren't introduced to smoking. This test result stunningly shows that if you don't watch R-rated movies, you are less likely to get invited to parties.

2) Why would there be a relation between SMOKING and R-RATED MOVIES? My computer broke last week. Right about the same time I learned how to spell Lenin in russian. Obviously, learning to spell Lenin in russian would break ones computer. Duh! It's so obvious.

Danny
06-Mar-2007, 11:27 PM

1.Don't Smoke
2.Don't have a tattoo

i'll also dont drink , REBEL!:elol:

:lol:

dont get me wrong i aint the crrepy johavas witness type kid i make up fro having none of that by being wierd as fook.:cool:

im pretty damn sure im gonna get some tatoo's, but im waiting till after uni and im gonna put time and though into it, design em myself and the like, cus its your skin, i saw a guy who had, swear to god, a ps3 tatooed over his entire upper torso on the front :rolleyes:
sometimes origionality blurs with insanity.

...i think i should put that on my tombstone or something cus thats some good ****, plus it sounds deep even though it aint :lol:

axlish
06-Mar-2007, 11:37 PM
How about women with tats? I think it makes girls look gross, especially on the ankle, lower back or shoulder blade. Top of the arm can look decent I guess.

capncnut
07-Mar-2007, 12:23 AM
I like tattoos on a chick as long as she aint got her breasts scribbled on.

coma
07-Mar-2007, 04:43 AM
I like tattoos on a chick as long as she aint got her breasts scribbled on.
I was going to get with this girl. I pulled off her bra, saw the name of a guy, and left.

A nice tatoo on a lower back of a female looks good bent over. But bent over looks good anyway, so the tattoo may be a pavlovian response.

A girl I knew had a flower pot tat by her knee. Ugh. And a "peace sign" that was actually a Mercedes Benz symbol. Duh!

A tattoo used to mean adventure, now it means you had a spare 60 bucks. when you have the same thing everyone else has it means, by definition, you are unoriginal.

Commonly said "I have this tattoo to remember a time in my life". How does a f**king tweety bird tatoo remind you of anything except how lame you are?

i'll also dont drink , REBEL!
dont get me wrong i aint the crrepy johavas witness type kid i make up fro having none of that by being wierd as fook.:cool:
Sometimes that can mean someones not interested in that sort of thing. It can also mean a person is scared of experience. Im not saying you, but it is often true, but rarely mentioned.Besides, your 18. Maybe when you're 30 you'll have an army of skanks and a brewery under your belt:p

Y'know. I had my first smoke, shortly after my first joint, then my first recieval of oral. They were related. No doubt. Being "bad' gets you laid and it gets you laid ALOT. When I was playin D and D. Nothing. Six months later I was swimming in it.

Danny
07-Mar-2007, 11:34 AM
thats beautiful man:lol:

coma
07-Mar-2007, 06:04 PM
aint it though:D

capncnut
08-Mar-2007, 02:10 AM
"Whatchu want Grizzly Adams?" :lol:

MinionZombie
08-Mar-2007, 10:11 AM
I'M THIRTY-SEVEN???!!!

Oh you knew someone was gonna say it eventually...

capncnut
08-Mar-2007, 10:16 AM
McLolski. :lol:

MinionZombie
08-Mar-2007, 10:19 AM
McLolski. :lol:
Rabbi ROFLCOPTER is in the house!

capncnut
08-Mar-2007, 10:35 AM
<emulates ROFLCOPTER rotor blade noise> Roflwhirrr... :lol:

Exatreides
08-Mar-2007, 11:57 AM
Tat's are a fashion, more so then a trend I think. As people have been getting tat's since the beginning of man kind (look at the east indi tribes, or new zealanders.

While I can understand why people would get alot of stupd things put on them. I know alot of tats are very deep in their meaning. For instance my dad has a M16, with a helmet over it, with POW MIA above it. With 1969-1970 written underneith that.

coma
08-Mar-2007, 05:34 PM
Tat's are a fashion, more so then a trend I think. As people have been getting tat's since the beginning of man kind (look at the east indi tribes, or new zealanders.

While I can understand why people would get alot of stupd things put on them. I know alot of tats are very deep in their meaning. For instance my dad has a M16, with a helmet over it, with POW MIA above it. With 1969-1970 written underneith that.
Thats not what I was goofing on.
People get Asian Characters and dont even know what they mean. My GF translates them to me when she sees them and they dont even make sense.
Or people get tribal tats and claim some old tradition and have no idea what they are talking about.

Or people think they can guy cred for a fistful of twenties.

You're dads tat actually means something. A Tweety bird is just dumb

I knew a guy who treked up a mountain in Nepal and some 80 year old monk gave him a traditional tat with a thorn and berry juice.
That was cool.

The other guy I knew with a Harley Davidson Tat and never rode a Bike in his life was a tard-o

I gew up around Bikers, Tough guys and Military men. When you saw a tat it said something. to me it mean "thats a hard ass mother****er who experienced some real **** right there".
Y'know Semper Fi, Korea 1952 that sort of thing. Now it doesnt mean anything at all, to me at least.

though the art can be really nice. Im not saying people shouldnt get them or they are dicks for doing so. I guess Im lamenting something thats now in the past.

Chic Freak
08-Mar-2007, 06:13 PM
This test result stunningly shows that if you don't watch R-rated movies, you are less likely to get invited to parties.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Why would there be a relation between SMOKING and R-RATED MOVIES? My computer broke last week. Right about the same time I learned how to spell Lenin in russian. Obviously, learning to spell Lenin in russian would break ones computer. Duh! It's so obvious.

Statistical analyses performed on the results of scientific experiments are there to ensure that the results didn't come about by chance ;) Although it still might not necessarily prove that movies make kids smoke. It could be that smokers are more interested in movies, for example. The researchers should have tested for this as well, but it sounds like they're just reporting a correlation rather than cause and effect.

How about women with tats? I think it makes girls look gross, especially on the ankle, lower back or shoulder blade. Top of the arm can look decent I guess.

I guess it depends on the girl. It seems to daw more attention to the plainness of plain/ not so good-looking girls, but then some girls look really sexy with tattoos. But then maybe they'd look sexy whatever.

A nice tatoo on a lower back of a female looks good bent over. But bent over looks good anyway, so the tattoo may be a pavlovian response.

Commonly said "I have this tattoo to remember a time in my life". How does a f**king tweety bird tatoo remind you of anything except how lame you are?

Y'know. I had my first smoke, shortly after my first joint, then my first recieval of oral. They were related. No doubt. Being "bad' gets you laid and it gets you laid ALOT. When I was playin D and D. Nothing. Six months later I was swimming in it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

A lot of girls dig the "cute geek" thing, mind ;)